Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

20 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Just moving back in the area, did they really fire Chris Cooley and Doc Walker? GD, forget it, I'm good.

Cooley was probably a money thing. I really like Smoot filling in on the ride home. THere is NO WAY Czaban could work with him though.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 12:09 PM, justice98 said:

Sheehan basically said he was gone for good though.  

Serious question, where did he say that? I haven't seen it....

I'm guessing that's because he's already got movers to get his stuff up Minnesota so he can BEG any and all news outlets to allow him to cover Cousins for 16 hours a day....  He'd honestly probably do it for free.  

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Serious question, where did he say that? I haven't seen it....

I'm guessing that's because he's already got movers to get his stuff up Minnesota so he can BEG any and all news outlets to allow him to cover Cousins for 16 hours a day....  He'd honestly probably do it for free.  

He basically said it here.

We just got access to stream audio while at work and this past week I've been listening to A LOT more sports talk radio than just my commute to/from work.  I already wasn't a big fan of Grant and Danny but holy ****, I can't take those guys for more than like 1 or maybe 2 segments.  They are so annoying together and it seems like they just jerk each other off all show.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

We just got access to stream audio while at work and this past week I've been listening to A LOT more sports talk radio than just my commute to/from work.  I already wasn't a big fan of Grant and Danny but holy ****, I can't take those guys for more than like 1 or maybe 2 segments.  They are so annoying together and it seems like they just jerk each other off all show.

Yeah I've been messing around with 106.7 since 980 is just in chaos right now, but good lord Grant and Danny are a chore to listen to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I've been messing around with 106.7 since 980 is just in chaos right now, but good lord Grant and Danny are a chore to listen to.

Danny Rouhier doing impressions just sounds like Danny Rouhier attempting to do poor impressions of people.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Danny Rouhier doing impressions just sounds like Danny Rouhier attempting to do poor impressions of people.

Yes, Danny is not funny AT ALL.  He thinks he is hilarious but he just is not funny and doesn't have a funny bone in his body.  He is just one of those people that tries SSSSOOOO hard but is just terrible.

I just had to drive from Shady Grove to Jessup and was listening to the mid day shows.  I couldn't take either.  Grand and Danny were just Broke Backing eachother every time I flipped to 1067, and then Doc was just old man ranting the entire time about how kids now a days are soft.

I had to go to my old school hip hop mix CD.  I rarely do that outside of the weekends and commercials.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Imagine if they paired high-pitched Fred Smoot with falsetto-voiced Thom Loverro. Radio listeners everywhere would be dialing their treble down to zero.

Loverro has a face for radio and a voice for morse code.

Anywho, driving up 270 an hour ago I flipped on 980 to see if they trotted out Doc again. They did. Then it dawned on me. This spot really is likely the lowest listener time of the day. It's not rush hour. People might be in their cars for 5-10 for lunch. But that's it.

Basically, this is the equivalent of not caring enough to try.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So what's up with 1067?  I just turned it on here at work and Grant and Danny aren't on.  I think it's Jim Rome talking about Urban Meyer.

They came to blows on air and had to cut the rest of the program. 

The nationals are playing today so they had to go to national programming. 

• Haha 2

I caught a segment of G&D a little earlier (or maybe yesterday) and it was an entire 5-6 minutes on the types of foods that Grant isn't supposed to eat that you can order at Cava. Wow. 

It's one thing to briefly have an aside, but being so tone dear or arrogant to believe that a bunch of listeners want to hear about your food preferences boggles my mind. 

• Haha 1

Doc should never, ever, be the main host of a show.  I dont know what they were thinking.  He's sidekick, 3-man booth fodder, at best.  For that matter, so is BMitch, but at least they paired him with Scott Linn.  

And Doc was my guy back in the day.  Smokin Al and Doc in the afternoon was my go-to show when I was in college.  But that literally was 20 something years ago.  lol

34 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Doc should never, ever, be the main host of a show.  I dont know what they were thinking.  He's sidekick, 3-man booth fodder, at best.  For that matter, so is BMitch, but at least they paired him with Scott Linn.  

And Doc was my guy back in the day.  Smokin Al and Doc in the afternoon was my go-to show when I was in college.  But that literally was 20 something years ago.  lol

Al Koken should definitely get his own show. He's fantastic. Him paired with Smoot I think could work.