Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that GP is a tool for his love of Cousins and giving a backup radio time. It seems like some dude from ESPN named "Bromani Jones" has been blasting Paulsen on tweeter, it's hilarious listening to the hosts on WJFK defend this idiotic decision.

https://storify.com/fflg149/bomani-jones-owns-grant-paulsen-about-kirk-cousins

Bomani.  You knew this when you purposely mispelled his name. 

Bomani is a breath of fresh air on ESPN.  He's got a show w/ Lebatard, and while I don't agree with a lot of what he says, he's still fantastic. 

Anyways, dude called a spade a spade.  While I like Paulsen, he's no better than a lot of the hot taking idiots we have covering this team. 

• Like 3

Bomani is a breath of fresh air on ESPN.  He's got a show w/ Lebatard, and while I don't agree with a lot of what he says, he's still fantastic. 

Anyways, dude called a spade a spade.  While I like Paulsen, he's no better than a lot of the hot taking idiots we have covering this team. 

I seriously didn't purposely misspell his name lol. When they were talking about him on the radio I was hearing "Bromani" lol. I added the link a little later and didn't bother to take note of the name. I've been listening to some of the guys takes on YouTube and I like what I hear.

I still want to fight Paulsen in a cage.

It seems to me local radio should be more supportive of the teams in this city instead of looking for a chance to tear them down every chance they get. Local radio operates on overreaction and fear and paranoia. Already the "Fire Matt Williams" bandwagon is gaining steam on all 106.7 shows. Even Grant and Danny have succumbed to this new low, this paragon of virtue, this "Best show in DC right now", all they have done the last two days is tear into the DC sports scene without hesitation, without a TINGE of love or appreciation for the tough season these teams go through. Immediately, every time, it is the trigger-happy reaction with these people. Scum like Chad Dukes, The Junkies , and Grant and Danny either do not talk enough sports (remember, they are an entertainment network for MANLY MAN GOTTA TALK ABOUT THE MOVIES WHAT'S SPORTS) or on the occasion that they do, have nothing positive to say and simply tear apart local teams as if they were a dead carcass and they were the lions. They are absolutely despicable people with no sense of reality or purpose. There is no point listening. 

Bomani is okay but in the end he is just a typical sports talk host who wants to generate "buzz" and then open up the phone lines so wacko callers like Dan in DC or Mike from Arlington can call in and suggest the next ludicrous trade. 

"Yeah Bomani, long time first time. I was wondering if the Panthers would consider trading Cam Newton to the Redskins for Robert Griffin and a first. I'll hang up and listen." 

Because it's all bandwagon and the media perpetuates it with their filth. People hear what they hear on sports talk and latch on and that's how a bandwagon gets started. 

This negative DC Sports Talk scene is responsible for being the catalyst that provokes this city into an ugly monster of hatred and negativity where there are no bright spots or hope or optimism whatever. 

Because it's all bandwagon and the media perpetuates it with their filth. People hear what they hear on sports talk and latch on and that's how a bandwagon gets started. 

This negative DC Sports Talk scene is responsible for being the catalyst that provokes this city into an ugly monster of hatred and negativity where there are no bright spots or hope or optimism whatever. 

I agree with this.  I've often wondered how much stuff like the firing of a manager/coach and the benching of a player picks up steam. I think a lot of it has to do with sports talk radio.  If they don't start it, they certainly ramp it up and add flame to the fire.  

How do you know what Grant and Danny have been talking about the past 2 days if you don't listen to radio?

I have connections

Those two are overrated and pretty much are identical to everyone else. They aren't that intelligent or insightful. I tell you I don't understand why people still fall for their schtick.

• Like 1

This a laughable generalization.

• Like 2

This a laughable generalization.

Incorrect. Many people listen to sports talk so when grant Paulsen starts saying fire gruden everyone else picks up the slack. Paulsen isn't some intellectual. He's just a negative instigator just like everyone else.

To be fair. Shanny Sr. Wanted to coach again and nobody seems interested. Kyle is already on his 2nd team from leaving here. So, I'm not so sure that was a great setup anyway.

Kyle resigned from the browns after the ownership forced manziel on him...

which was basically a repeat of what happened here...

so he said **** that and took his chances he could get another job. he's in atlanta. he now has matt ryan.

cleveland did it with much less media ridicule than how washington would have, but it's quite clear what went on there....

kyle developed an offense that got no name wr's open all over the place, we just never had a qb that could get them the ball. until he redesigned his offense to fit griffin and 2012 happened.

i'll never understand the hatred for kyle from skins fans. never.

• Like 1

The trigger happy rationale of the DC fan and sports media who demands everyone sacked after one bad stretch. No leeway given. Just wants everyone fired asap.

Let's give the manager of the year a bit of a more longer leash before demanding the sack.

Gruden bad with bad team

FIRE GRUDEN HE'S A FLOP

Team wins once in tough road trip against potential playoff teams

FIRE WILLIAMS FIRE EVERYONE BURN IT ALL DOWN

listened to 5 min of 980 today. Kevin and Thom going after RG3 the entire time. Joking about the media/headlines/clicks thing. Non-stop. Just going at him over and over.

God, I wish we could organize something like the Skins Fan Card where enough people who want better sportstalk would print it out and mail it to the station while crushing them online at the same time.

• Like 1

Kyle resigned from the browns after the ownership forced manziel on him...

which was basically a repeat of what happened here...

Ownership forced Griffin on Kyle Shanahan? Is there any info that directly points to that?

I think the more logical conclusion is that both Mike and Kyle wanted him (since Mike had full control of the roster, and that they were both at his pro day looking like giddy schoolgirls), then brainstormed on how to best take advantage of Griffin's talents (Shanahan was gushing over him all summer telling the media how they would see things they'd never seen before... and he was right), which they did... And it led to an elite offense and NFC East title.

Griffin gets hurt, 2013 arrives and he can't get live physical reps until the start of the season, doesn't trust his legs, isn't in rhythm with the offense, and the problem is magnified by having a woeful special teams getting the O started on the 20 or less most times, and a horrible defense that forces the offense to try and come from behind, having to move the ball a considerable distance to score, dropping back and throwing. He wasn't able to overcome that, so bad things happened as a result (Griffin was also eventually benched).

I think thats a fairly reasonable conclusion, no? I don't see where "Griffin was forced on the Shanahan's" fits

Most people had a problem with Mike, but that does not mean Kyle was not without his own issues, detailed through various "Team sources" in several pieces written towards the end of 2013. He was largely empowered by Mike, and basically surrounded himself with inferior coaches, so no one could challenge him (which was widely discussed on this site, and led to many posters viewing him differently afterwards).

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/29/5252492/mike-shanahan-redskins-daniel-snyder-rgiii

Mike Shanahan tenure with Redskins marred by discord, per report

So there's one explanation why he gets some flack here. Doesn't matter how many receivers he got open, when stuff like that happens behind closed doors.

• Like 1

Again. When Shanny signed. He was BEAMING about having final say and total control. 

So, when he and Kyle NOW talk about QB's like McNabb or RG3 being forced on them. I call bull****. They also thought they could make a go at it with Rex/Beck. So **** them. Lets see how long Kyle lasts in Atlanta. I think last year looks as bad on him as it does with the Browns. 

• Like 4

Lol man it was SO BAD he was talking with Brian McNally for like the whole drive (20+ minutes?) and then he starts talking about wrestling. REAL SHOW FOR MANLY REAL ASS DUDES BRO WHO WAS THE 1 IN 21-1 CALL IN 

It was so bad I hope Grant and Danny aren't that manly  REAL ASS DUDE BRO 

I also like how he goes CDVW and abbreviates his show, who does that

Ugh it's so bad when I got home I just turned the radio off and said I'm done 

I might actually listen to Grant and Danny tomorrow and critique in real time  :lol:

It took one second to find negativity on outstanding class act show "Grant and Danny" http://washington.cbslocal.com/audio/grant-and-danny/ 
"John Gruden (not Jay mind you John) 'odds on favorite to be fired'"
So the stereotype of 1067 demanding everyone fired hastily is pretty much factual. Also why is it broken down into all those segments? Many podcasts are like one hour, and it's an entire mp3 segment so you don't have to download multiple parts, but that's an issue with the radio format and "commercials". Also, by looking at that page, nearly every "segment" is about Jay Gruden. How much can one talk about Jay Gruden? There's like one interview segment about the Nats. So basically all they did was talk about training camp today?
  • Like 1

I also like how he goes CDVW and abbreviates his show, who does that

Dude is such a try hard, I had to listen tohim for two weeks when Mike Francesa was on vacation and there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't want to punch him in the nose. Not only does he do the CDVW thing,but this douch insists on calling himself "big shooter".

listened to 5 min of 980 today. Kevin and Thom going after RG3 the entire time. Joking about the media/headlines/clicks thing. Non-stop. Just going at him over and over.

God, I wish we could organize something like the Skins Fan Card where enough people who want better sportstalk would print it out and mail it to the station while crushing them online at the same time.

I get in the car at noon for a ten minute drive for lunch, then i like to listen while i eat, and catch Skins at 1 on the way back.

Couldn't take it.. haven't been able to take it for quite a while.

here we are 3 weeks from the start of the season, and I switched over to an AM station out of Pokomoke City to listen to NBC and Florio talk about the Cowboys.

that is how bad it is for me. I listened to a discussion of my second least favorite team, instead of listening to anything about my  favorite team.

And it's not as if there's no news to discuss..  how do the new TEs look, how is Breeland,, kicker competition, all the new D signings..  plenty.

But we get that jackassery.

Sheehan should be ashamed. i expect that sort of braying bull**** from Squeaky. But Sheehan does have some sports-talk ability and acumen.  It's a damn shame they pair him with the clowns they do.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

Sheehan should be ashamed. i expect that sort of braying bull**** from Squeaky. But Sheehan does have some sports-talk ability and acumen.  It's a damn shame they pair him with the clowns they do.

~Bang

100% agree. When the topic of the day is their reaction to the topic of the previous day. Then its real. Don't take calls with people saying its true only to tell them they're wrong.

Wish you'd make a Cartoon based on people from 980. Just make them look awful. Reid, Kevin, Thom, Doc (Sorry, he's awful)...

• Like 1