Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

21 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

The thing confusing to me is that I could swear Nick Fury told Thor that his arrival let them know they were not alone in the universe. Yet clearly they knew about Skrulls and Cap Marvel.

EDIT: found it

From Avengers (2012)

Bruce Banner: I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

Nick Fury: Because of him!

[points at Thor]

Thor: Me?

Nick Fury: Last year, Earth had a visiter from another planet that had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly...hilariously, outgunned.

Thor: My people want nothing but peace with your planet!

Nick Fury: But you're not the only ones out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people that can't be matched, that can't be controlled!

Maybe Fury was just lying to protect the many secrets he knows. Imagine the can of worms he'd open if he dropped hints to other beings just as powerful as Thor that he wasn't aware of, instead of simply pretending to ignorant of what was in the galaxy. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

18 hours ago, Destino said:

Does that mean that earths other heroes sided with the anti-mutant movement or at least stood aside and allowed it? 

That is an interesting angle that was cultivated for years and eventually explored with the Avengers vs X-Men event. After that was over, Captain America admitted the Avengers hadn't done enough to help human/mutant relations, even while having mutants on their teams at times. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not the biggest X-Men fan around, but they deserve better than the current crop of movies they putting out

They do, but I thought Days of Future Past was an entertaining movie.  Logan isn't an "X-Men movie" officially but it's the best that included any of the X-Men.

That being said, I still think they've fallen short on Wolverine's powers on screen.  He should move like Beast (just not jump as high).  He wasn't just an angry old guy that can heal with knives for knuckles.  He was crazy agile and ninja fast.

Also, everyone involved in putting Storm on screen needs to watch videos of actual lightning strikes and pay close attention to the sound and feel.  She should be scary when she decides to unload on someone. 

• Like 2

Yes, I'll have "Marry me, Halle" on my gravestone,  but she butchered Storm. And I didn't like Rogue as well. Loved Nightcrawler (I thought out of all the characters minus Wolverine, his was the closest to true canon). 

I wish they let Liev play the roll of Sabretooth in the original X-Men, letting that story arc (the Stryker-Weapon X hidden memories) play out a bit longer, making him a wild card instead of the weird Magneto goon.

And as much as I like Deadpool, cgi Colossus really bothers me. I liked the animation they did for the trilogy Colossus, where he really looked like he was metal, and could transform. This one is permanently T-100 when he he's halfway formed after being nitrogen blasted. It's way too gimmicky.

23 hours ago, Destino said:

You're forgetting that Nick Fury is a career intelligence officer that runs a secret government organization.  He lied. 

True. As Tony Stark once said:

Tony Stark: Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables.

Steve Rogers: You think Fury's hiding something?

Tony Stark: He's a spy. Captain. He's THE spy. His secrets have secrets.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not the biggest X-Men fan around, but they deserve better than the current crop of movies they putting out

As a Marvel fan who grew up watching horrible tv movie depictions of the heroes I loved, I was so grateful to have high-tech, modern day silver screen versions that I forgave a lot when X-Men came out. This was pre-MCU and they got the ball rolling for Marvel comic fans in the movie theater. I gotta say I still love them all even though they fell short on some characters and changed a few important ones. Contrary to most folks, I actually liked the Wolverine films the best. Hugh Jackman was nothing like the comic version of Wolverine but he's such an awesome talent that it just didn't matter.

I'm really looking forward to what the MCU does with the new franchise but I'll always be grateful to the first just for being there.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, Destino said:

Question, one of the enduring themes of X-men in cartoons, movies, and comic books is the anti-mutant sentiment and dystopian (for mutants) future.  They're always fighting to keep mutants from being enslaved or slaughtered.  These mutants exist in the same universe as the Avengers and the non-mutant heroes.  Does that mean that earths other heroes sided with the anti-mutant movement or at least stood aside and allowed it? 

Well in comic book lore, the other heroes picked a side: The mutant side.

And were slaughtered.

See Sentinels

On 9/20/2018 at 7:34 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sinister in a Savage Land movie would be great.

Yeah, it would, and with his resume, I have no doubt Feige would be able to pull off the Savage Land wildlife and characters like Skaar and Sauron, seeing what he did with Thanos. Would probably nail the Nasty Boys too.

And with as many problems as I have with the new X-Men, I don't mind Fass' portrayal of Magneto and McAvoy as Professor X. Toss them into a brand new world of Feige's making and you may have something epic.

• Like 3

I'll just settle for "Better than Apocalypse"

They still have not given me a reason to care about many of the characters save for a few, much like the original movies.

Casting Olivia Munn as Psylocke really annoyed me. She is an awesome character, and that woman cannot act, period.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I am not going to care about a single X-Men movie until they stop making Mystique out to be an X-Man simply because Jennifer Lawrence is portraying her. Fox could never stop pandering to the big stars to the detriment of the story. 

Thankfully this is the last X-Men travesty we have to endure before Marvel Studios revives the X brand. 

• Like 5

I will only be happy Sophia Turner dies.  She could not control it, everybody knows it, if they don't even touch on his she got the Phoenix Force, ill jus live with supposed to be darkest xmen movie next to Logan (their words, not mine), which i think is clear by jus calling this Dark Phoenix, no X-Men in the title. 

Dark Phoenix is in my top 5 favorite comic book characters, period, i don't get the sense of her not being able to control her passion (last stand touched on that with her escape scene and Logan).

@Gamebreaker I'm with you on JLaw, like her as an actress, but her role in these xmen movies make me want her to die, too.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I am not going to care about a single X-Men movie until they stop making Mystique out to be an X-Man simply because Jennifer Lawrence is portraying her. Fox could never stop pandering to the big stars to the detriment of the story. 

Thankfully this is the last X-Men travesty we have to endure before Marvel Studios revives the X brand. 

Meh, as much as it sucks, she can act. I swear, Munn does not even change her facial animations. It's the same one every time (acid reflux face)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, as much as it sucks, she can act. I swear, Munn does not even change her facial animations. It's the same one every time (acid reflux face)

Would still hit, with the Psylocke uniform on, too.  I want to date a cosplay chick before i die.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Would still hit, with the Psylocke uniform on, too.  I want to date a cosplay chick before i die.

Try Etsy.com. Went to a cosplay party with the gf last year (one of her friends is a cosplay model). I went as an Assassin and she went as Kitana.

Might be an NCR Ranger (the guy on the Fallout: New Vegas cover) if we do another one this year.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Try Etsy.com. Went to a cosplay party with the gf last year (one of her friends is a cosplay model). I went as an Assassin and she went as Kitana.

Might be an NCR Ranger (the guy on the Fallout: New Vegas cover) if we do another one this year.

Once upon a time working on the oceanfront i saw two costs dressed as black ranger (two different types).  Both were black, reminded me of original show and i got inspired.  I'd be that guy that goes to a school in the hood dressed like to keep kids encouraged (custom party would be tough since ko one can see in the helmet).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/557925565/black-ranger-bodysuit-cosplay-costume?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cosplay black ranger&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1

I want to be a black Magneto, favorite comic book character and based on Malcom X.  You go to comic con around here?  I'd totally do that at least once in my life

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

A thousand times yes.  Mystique is not a hero, and sure as hell isn't an X-men. I like JLaw but I hate the moral equivalence narrative created by carving her out screen time by making her out to be some sort of reasonable anti-hero negotiating between the two of extreme of Charles and Erik.  Enough already. 

• Like 2