Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll just settle for "Better than Apocalypse"

They still have not given me a reason to care about many of the characters save for a few, much like the original movies.

Casting Olivia Munn as Psylocke really annoyed me. She is an awesome character, and that woman cannot act, period.

Psylocke was indeed awesome, and not only does Olivia Munn lack the chops, but they didn't give her a story line that mattered.  She could have been named "mutant villain #2" in that movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, isn't nightcrawler her son and she abandon him?

abandoned is the nice way they phrased it in the cartoon.  Personally I think throwing a baby down a waterfall is more like attempted murder than abandoned. 

nightcrawler01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Once upon a time working on the oceanfront i saw two costs dressed as black ranger (two different types).  Both were black, reminded me of original show and i got inspired.  I'd be that guy that goes to a school in the hood dressed like to keep kids encouraged (custom party would be tough since ko one can see in the helmet).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/557925565/black-ranger-bodysuit-cosplay-costume?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cosplay black ranger&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1

I want to be a black Magneto, favorite comic book character and based on Malcom X.  You go to comic con around here?  I'd totally do that at least once in my life

Nah, not yet. Hoping to check that one off in 2019.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, as much as it sucks, she can act. I swear, Munn does not even change her facial animations. It's the same one every time (acid reflux face) 

They miscast her as Mystique.  She was born to play Rogue.  I could watch a Rogue solo movie or Rogue and Gambit movie with her playing the role and be totally satisfied.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They miscast her as Mystique.  She was born to play Rogue.  I could watch a Rogue solo movie or Rogue and Gambit movie with her playing the role and be totally satisfied.

Yeah, it even kinda fits her personality almost.

I don't really even blame her for Mystique honestly. It's impossible for any actress to be taken seriously with the complete overhaul that character was given for this franchise reboot.

Rogue and Gambit would be awesome imo. Always felt they were better in their own element, separate from the group.

For some reason, I feel like that kid from Fear the Walking Dead would play a pretty good Gambit. Can't believe they actually tried to cast Tatum.

• Like 1

Frank Dillane would be a great Gambit. And I agree, JLaw was better suited for Rogue and she probably enjoy the role more. Unfortunately, after her doing 4 movies as Mystique I don't think any recasting of Rogue could include her without confusing the hell out of the casual audience. Maybe they can cast someone like Lily James, a known actress but unlikely to become a megastar. Not that Marvel Studios has had any issues allowing stars to dominate the movie. 

Holy ****, John Mulaney is Spider-Ham!  Gwen Stacey is voiced by Hailee Steinfeld.  Voice of Miles Morales is the guy who played Shaolin Fantastic on the Get Down.  Paperboy and Cotton Mouth are in the movie too.  Incredible cast on that Spider-Man movie.  I'm 100% in on this thing.  It's going to be amazing.

• Like 1

I remember listening to an NPR story last year about how Hollywood studio executives were blaming Rotten Tomatoes for ruining the box office performance of their films.  They have a point that a straight up or down vote for a movie ignores the nuance that critics give in their reviews.  But a review is ultimately a recommendation or a warning anyway.  Anyway, I got a really healthy dose of schadenfreude about the failure and lack of self awareness of these dumbass movie producers.  They blame math for prominently revealing the truth about critical consensus on the garbage films they keep pooping out.

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is it true Venom is getting 30% on Rotten Tomatoes? Sony should be banned from making marvel movies that's true.  Where's the petition?  They deserve to get hacked again for that. 

I'll still see it and I'll probably still like it because I love Tom Hardy but it was always a bad idea to do a Venom anti-hero origin story without Spider-Man or any of the actual motivations that caused him to go from villain to anti-hero. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'll still see it and I'll probably still like it because I love Tom Hardy but it was always a bad idea to do a Venom anti-hero origin story without Spider-Man or any of the actual motivations that caused him to go from villain to anti-hero. 

Same, ive already talked to my cousin about it, we're going next Saturday regardless 

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I remember listening to an NPR story last year about how Hollywood studio executives were blaming Rotten Tomatoes for ruining the box office performance of their films.  They have a point that a straight up or down vote for a movie ignores the nuance that critics give in their reviews.  But a review is ultimately a recommendation or a warning anyway.  Anyway, I got a really healthy dose of schadenfreude about the failure and lack of self awareness of these dumbass movie producers.  They blame math for prominently revealing the truth about critical consensus on the garbage films they keep pooping out.

On the page is multiple opinions about the movie along with individual scores.  I can see both sides, I look at it as a tool knowing the score comes across more like an average if opinions. 

Same time, I think some critics standards are too high for certain movies or they just don't get it, don't relate to it, so judge it on factors that someone who's going anyway will look last anyway.  I agree, producers should focus on making better movies and taking more risks, they deserve to get clowned for a crappy remake or trying to wow us with millions of dollars of cgi.

It's 2018, wow by itself aint good enough.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Is it true Venom is getting 30% on Rotten Tomatoes? Sony should be banned from making marvel movies that's true.  Where's the petition?  They deserve to get hacked again for that. 

simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches-e1489781327394.jpg

general gist of reviews seems to be that its a mess, but still somewhat fun if you don't think about it much

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

general gist of reviews seems to be that its a mess, but still somewhat fun if you don't think about it much

That's the same reason I like the Thomas Jane Punisher movie. I'll probably wait on this to hit Blu-ray.

Since we don't have a Dark Horse thread...the new Hellboy movie poster looks pretty solid.

poster_128157_1538418424.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 10/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, StillUnknown said:

Shows yet again that the MCU should never, ever be taken for granted when thus current run ends (and it will definitely end).

Honestly, the way Venom Is depicted in the trailers seemed hella stupid. And I didn't know that this Eddie Brock was on the other side of the country, away from Spider-Land. They botched  this, clearly. Not sure I'm down for rewarding them with a view, either, seeing as Venom is an all time favorite of mine.

I only bought Spider-Man 3 because it came with my then PS3 bundle.

• Like 2

I'll say this, if its true woody harelson is playing carnage in the potential next Venom movie, i'm going even if it has a negative score.  All I ask in return, make it rated R.  You cannot, and I repeat, CANNOT introduce carnage to the big screen without it being rated R, bad enough I expect spiderman to be a no show even though each generation of symboite is supposed to be stronger then the previous.

Does anyone think there will ever be a movie based on Maximum Carnage or Carnage USA?  Hell, I think he'd be a perfect villain for Deadpool 3.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:36 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I made that exact point months ago and people(not here) acted like I was just being an uptight comic nerd. 

• Like 1