Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George Zimmerman arrested on aggravated assault charge

@DCGoldPants

Gimme 5 minutes alone with this dude. You can see the weakness in his eyes.

There's actually something to this.  I've watched a ton of boxing and in the past few years, have gotten into watching a lot of UFC.  You can tell a lot by a guy's eyes when he's making the walk to the ring/cage.  Some of them, you can tell they've lost before they even step in.  Zimmerman has that look.  Wasn't there some sort of interview or testimony from a coach at the local MMA place, that Zimmerman had come in to toughen up but couldn't hack it and was basically a tub of goo?  The fact that he then got the snot beat out of him (regardless of what led up to it) by a 16 year old would kind of bear this out, until he fired his gun anyway.

But the fact that he carries, isn't afraid to show it (wasn't there a traffic dispute where he flashed his piece?), and seems to get into disputes with women, people he should be physically superior to...he's soft.  Landing in prison would be the worst thing for him, he would be exposed.

Once upon a time not long ago,

When people wore pajamas and lived life slow,

Where laws were stern and justice stood,

And people were behaving like they ought to could,

There was a little boy who was misled,

By another little boy and this is what he said...

Knock him out the box, Rick. Knock him out.

Ah, you see I'm not hung up on the murder thing, twa.  I'm looking at whether this was a necessary death.  I can reconcile the idea that it was not murder, not a legal crime, and that the killing was still an unnecessary tragedy.

I think the jury made the right call given the job the prosecutor and defense did.  That doesn't take away from the fact that this guy shouldn't have died on that day if things had preceded in a better way.

Ah, you see I'm not hung up on the murder thing, twa.  I'm looking at whether this was a necessary death.  I can reconcile the idea that it was not murder, not a legal crime, and that the killing was still an unnecessary tragedy.

I think the jury made the right call given the job the prosecutor and defense did.  That doesn't take away from the fact that this guy shouldn't have died on that day if things had preceded in a better way.

would he have died if he had not beaten him?....most deaths are unnecessary

would he have died if he had not beaten him?....most deaths are unnecessary

See, to me that's about the 8th decision down the chain that went wrong.  Zimmerman did eight things before Martin became a dance partner in this tragedy.  George stops at any of the previous ones and there is no tragedy.  Martin does not attack Zimmerman nor anyone else.

J, I agree.

You can only push my buttons so far before I react. I have a ton of patience...but come on man.

It's one of those things, the guy walking along...nothing to see here. Keep it moving.

Zimmerman provoked and antagonized this kid. He was just walking along minding his business, talking to his girl on the phone. I can't blame the kid for getting mouthy, we will never know who approached who but according to the girlfriend it was Zimmerman.

I have seen my wife who is about as mild mannered as they come swing at a woman that said something completely unprovoked and unnecessary.  Woman just hit the button.

See, to me that's about the 8th decision down the chain that went wrong.  Zimmerman did eight things before Martin became a dance partner in this tragedy.  George stops at any of the previous ones and there is no tragedy.  Martin does not attack Zimmerman nor anyone else.

so M needed to be avoided to prevent attack

Good point on buttons KH, I found my hands around someones throat and it just happened w/o thought....the decision to squeeze on the other hand.......

Once upon a time not long ago,

When people wore pajamas and lived life slow,

Where laws were stern and justice stood,

And people were behaving like they ought to could,

There was a little boy who was misled,

By another little boy and this is what he said...

Me, ya, ty we gonna make sum cash

robbin old folks and makin tha dash

they did the job money came with ease 

but one couldn't stop it's like he had a disease

he robbed another and another

and a sista and her brotha

tried to rob a man who was a D.T.undercover

No, but I'm just saying that...When I'm balls deep, most guys are just-the-tipping. :(

Some of us (the terminally misguided) love ya, but ya need to dial this self-indulgent sophomoric "sexual" crap back--way back. Ya do it too often in too many threads and you could have been busted a dozen times by now per rule violation, even though we give more slack in the tailgate. It's not a good thing for you or for those of us who like having you around. 

I know the pain it can cause for many adult <cough> males to face restrictions on their sacred freedom to act like horny 13 year olds wherever they are, cuz it is still so awesomely way cool and super neat-o.   :P

I have empathy. And sympathy. And I even know what those words mean.

It's so lonely here.

The obtuseness doesn't become you, twa :)

nor the ignoring the tipping point you  :)

one action is a legitimate defense,the other a crime ,the others simply poor choices (which I have certainly agreed he makes )

The problem is that the prosecutor over charged for political reasons. If she had charged him correctly, GZ would have been found guilty. The evidence didn't support 1st degree murder, no matter how much people complain.

True, but my post had nothing to do with his conviction. I was speaking to the people that defended his methods. 

Not at all, he could've just stayed in his vehicle. But people who like drama can never make the easy decision.

In fact, he was told to stay in his vehicle by the police. 

True, but my post had nothing to do with his conviction. I was speaking to the people that defended his methods. 

In fact, he was told to stay in his vehicle by the police. 

Actually he was not told by Police to stay in the vehicle. He was told by a 911 Operator. The amount of training that 911 Operators get is about slim to none. Pretty much the Operator was covering his or hers butt, by telling him to stay in the vehicle.

The whole situation is ridiculous. George Zimmerman didn't get away with murder, the system let him get away with murder.  Stand your ground is bs.  Why do you have police officers?  What are you paying taxes for?  Maybe Florida should have income tax so they can pay police officers instead of having imitations.  George Zimmerman was just a pawn in a bigger game.  Black lives matter.  You want to stop crime let people have a chance  to get jobs.  Stop sending them over seas. Now we get to see George Zimmerman crash and burn. Delightful isn't it.  A joke.  George Zimmerman isn't the boogey man.  He's just the one we can call the bad guy while we hide.  The system in place needs to change. George Zimmerman got the best legal defense the NRA could buy.  The sad thing is even the state prosecutor didn't have deep enough pockets to contend with the NRA.  Now George is on his own, and we get to call him the bad guy.  Two lives were ruined.  One person is dead the other is dying slowly, delightful isn't it? 

Archived