Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

Jon HeymanVerified account
‏@JonHeymanCBS
Max scherzer has an agreement on a 7-year deal with nats. Dollars are not known.

Barry SvrlugaVerified account
‏@barrysvrluga
The Nationals have agreed to a seven-year deal with right-hander Max Scherzer, according to a source with direct knowledge.

Well nobody can say the Lerners are cheap now.

Rizzo making big moves to try to win. Whether or not it works remains to be seen, but he deserves props for trying to make the big move.

Lets hope it works out and we're celebrating with a parade in October. Gotta think anything less would be a disappointment.

Well nobody can say the Lerners are cheap now.

Rizzo making big moves to try to win. Whether or not it works remains to be seen, but he deserves props for trying to make the big move.

Lets hope it works out and we're celebrating with a parade in October. Gotta think anything less would be a disappointment.

GM's job is put a team together that can make the postseason, players gotta take it from there.

GM's job is put a team together that can make the postseason, players gotta take it from there.

No doubt. Rizzo has done his job.

Wonder what we get for JZ. Hope there is a huge bidding war and we get a ton of top notch prospects, particularly at 2B, SS, and C(I like Ramos but he's injury prone and not that good defensively). Could also use a young 1B prospect to eventually replace the other Zimm.

Trade JZimm for a young SS/2B (or one of each) and deal Desmond. Let's think a couple steps ahead.

Rizzo strikes me as the type thats thinking 7 steps ahead.

You can't just start getting rid of everyone. Desmond isn't as replaceable as some think. Reward your own.

We tried to win with our own, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked. Maybe Rizzo feels a shakeup is whats needed.

Time will tell who ends up being right on this one.

Reward your own (Desmond) and ultimately let Harper & Rendon walk?

Because thats basically what you're advocating.....

Oh come on, paying Desmond doesn't mean Harper and Rendon walk. Desmond isn't getting as much as Max just got. Desmond will get anywhere from 125-150 mil and he's an everyday player. We just paid a guy who only plays every fifth game 180 mil. There was absolutely no need to do this, especially when you have Giolita and Cole progressing well. Our rotation wasn't the problem with this team.

I'm certain that the team knows something we don't. JZimm might really not want to be here and they feel Scherzer is a worthy replacement (which he is) for what could ultimately be a distraction going forward. And for all we know, Rizzo already has a deal lined up. You never know with this guy.

We may not get that stud 2B or SS that I was hoping for this offseason, but I think we'll secure some prospects to keep things interesting. Either way, I trust this FO (isn't that nice to say?)

I'm certain that the team knows something we don't. JZimm might really not want to be here and they feel Scherzer is a worthy replacement (which he is) for what could ultimately be a distraction going forward. And for all we know, Rizzo already has a deal lined up. You never know with this guy.

We may not get that stud 2B or SS that I was hoping for this offseason, but I think we'll secure some prospects to keep things interesting. Either way, I trust this FO (isn't that nice to say?)

I trust Rizzo, that doesn't mean he's incapable of making mistakes. I just don't see how paying a 30-year old pitcher big money makes any sense whatsoever? Yes he's a stud but that wasn't even this teams issue. We still have a hole at second base, Zimmerman isnt exactly a guarantee to be a good replacement for Roche and you let your best relief pitcher go for a 32-year old "decent" player.

I get why people are excited about this but I think we end up looking bad. I just don't see this ending well.

Archived