Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

I promise you if we trade Stras we're getting someone who can hit the damn ball.

Maybe, but I don't see Rizzo making that kind of a deal. At least not for an MLB ready player. He already gave up (a lot) for Escobar. If he was in "win it all this season" mode, Clippard would still be here and he would have spent money on Drew or someone else.

If they sign Scherzer and trade Strasburg, I'd love to see them trade him to New York for Betenances, Refsnyder, and Judge.

Maybe, but I don't see Rizzo making that kind of a deal. At least not for an MLB ready player. He already gave up (a lot) for Escobar. If he was in "win it all this season" mode, Clippard would still be here and he would have spent money on Drew or someone else.

If they sign Scherzer and trade Strasburg, I'd love to see them trade him to New York for Betenances, Refsnyder, and Judge.

That would be a horrible deal for Strasburg. The Yankees don't exactly have the best track record right now with prospects.

Strasburg's best ball should be in front of him, if you can't get a better deal than that, you keep him.

That would be a horrible deal for Strasburg. The Yankees don't exactly have the best track record right now with prospects.

Strasburg's best ball should be in front of him, if you can't get a better deal than that, you keep him.

Yankees scouting has improved the last couple seasons. Refsnyder is almost MLB ready. Line drive hitter with some speed and good defense.

Strasburg's potential alone is worth more than the deal you suggested.

Betances is a 3 WAR reliever. He has the ability to pitch multiple innings and was money in the clutch.

Refsnyder has a solid line  drive swing. He can be a 2.5 - 3 WAR player if not  next season, then in 2016.

That basically makes anything Judge does as a bonus and he is your typical LF power bat.

Betances is a 3 WAR reliever. He has the ability to pitch multiple innings and was money in the clutch.

Refsnyder has a solid line  drive swing. He can be a 2.5 - 3 WAR player if not  next season, then in 2016.

That basically makes anything Judge does as a bonus and he is your typical LF power bat.

You're selling Stras extremely low. If that's the best you can get, you keep Stras.

You're selling Stras extremely low. If that's the best you can get, you keep Stras.

Disagree, but I think Strasburg is soft.  You get long term stability in the pen, long term stability in the infield, and a corner masher to take over when Werth is a bench player.

We aren't trading Stras.

This Scherzer stuff is definitely out of left field though. There has to be a lot of moving parts. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Personally I don't think we'll get him which I think is a good thing. Remember we were rumored to be in for Prince Fielder and Mark Texiera too. I think Rizzo just likes getting involved in these big player deals because it disguises his real intentions.

Disagree, but I think Strasburg is soft.  You get long term stability in the pen, long term stability in the infield, and a corner masher to take over when Werth is a bench player.

Stras could be a soft as a marshmallow, and he would be still be worth more than you would get in that deal.

We aren't trading Stras.

This Scherzer stuff is definitely out of left field though. There has to be a lot of moving parts. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Personally I don't think we'll get him which I think is a good thing. Remember we were rumored to be in for Prince Fielder and Mark Texiera too. I think Rizzo just likes getting involved in these big player deals because it disguises his real intentions.

This move feels like Rizzo "disguising his real intentions". This is the first I've heard of us being serious players for Scherzer and it only breaks as the deal is "close" to final.

Nats now "very close" to a deal with Max Scherzer, according to a source with direct knowledge.

I still do not understand the end game on this one here

I'm struggling with that one as well. Best I've come up with is insurance against losing Zimm/Fister to trade or free agency next year. Even still, 200mil is a lot of insurance.

I'm struggling with that one as well. Best I've come up with is insurance against losing Zimm/Fister to trade or free agency next year. Even still, 200mil is a lot of insurance.

If the team is going "all in" on 2015 there is no move to be made, the team as is can win a World Series, especially with a healthy RZim.

You have 2 arms in the system that you love to replace JZim/Fister down the line

You would take a good chunk of payroll to re-sign Stras/Harper

There is certainly no need for a rotation where Doug Fister is pitching 5th

Unless there is a huge deal waiting for JZim, I am just not sure what is going on here

Leon Castillo Jr. ‏@LeonCastilloJr 7m7 minutes ago

Joke's on you, Nationals fans. We were already gonna score no runs off y'all before the Scherzer signing. Y'all just wasted $180+ million

I thought everyone knew about his eyes...? Maybe it's cus I follow the Tigers due to growing up with them as a kid.

The Tigers had a Max Sherzer bobblehead giveaway, complete with accurate representation of Sherzer's condition, called heterochromia iridium.

The result was... I don't know... unsettling? Creepy, kinda like clowns can be creepy?

ifoshjziuiql5anbigqb.png

The guy can pitch though.

Archived