Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

Just feel like Murphy has a more sustainable style and approach, especially for the post season. Very consistent.

Desmond is great when hes hot, but when hes not hes another Espinosa. And he will always have his struggles in the field.

Escobar/Murphy > Desmond/Escobar up the middle, imo.

Desmond and Murphy are probably a wash defensively.

What intrigues me about Murphy is his away splits the last two seasons. He doesn't feel comfortable hitting in Shea. But away . . .

2014: .805 OPS (vs .652 at home)

2013: .786 OPS (vs .694 at home)

Particularly at Nats Park, he has hit well. .835 OPS for his career.

So yea, maybe that makes sense. And if Rizzo talks the Mets in to trading a prospect too, well, that's just icing on the cake.

Prob Zimmermann per reddit 

I like Zim but he has never been committed to this team long term. If that's the case he can be dealt. 

I would like to lock up someone like Scherzer long term. he is elite. I don't care if my JZ bobblehead is coming this week. I dont' care if the value drops. It's all about the team. 

Prob Zimmermann per reddit 

I like Zim but he has never been committed to this team long term. If that's the case he can be dealt. 

I would like to lock up someone like Scherzer long term. he is elite. I don't care if my JZ bobblehead is coming this week. I dont' care if the value drops. It's all about the team. 

If they sign Scherzer to a 7 year deal, it's pretty obvious that it wasn't the money with Zimmermann.

zimmermann and desmond are gone in the next couple of weeks.  We are going to get a lot of prospects in return for those 2. 

The problem with trading Desmond is that you have to have a replacement. And Desmond, even with his regression, is still a capable bat. In wanting to trade for a MLB ready player, Rizzo will have to reduce the quality/quantity of the prospects he would get in return.

We had a good team last season but I'm all for thinking about the future. We have good expendable players who can be dealt for the future. Think about making this team a dynasty

I'd have no problem dealing for prospects

RT @jonmorosi #Nats have been talking with "multiple" teams on Jordan Zimmermann trade possibilities over past few weeks, sources say.

The problem with trading Desmond is that you have to have a replacement. And Desmond, even with his regression, is still a capable bat. In wanting to trade for a MLB ready player, Rizzo will have to reduce the quality/quantity of the prospects he would get in return.

I agree that we need someone who is ready but we do have danny at SS at worse case scenario.  

I agree that we need someone who is ready but we do have danny at SS at worse case scenario.  

Given that Danny is STILL switch hitting, he cannot be relied on. If 2011 or 2012 Danny were here, okay fine. But he's not. He's gone. I have more faith in Dan Uggla being fixed than Danny Espinosa.

I don't like giving 7 year deal to players already over 30.

Scherzer is special though.

I don't either. I'm even more concerned about his velocity dropping last year.

The way I see it, for the next two years, Scherzer will be better than JZ. Then age will set in and for the 3+ years after that, Zimmermann will be the better pitcher.

I don't either. I'm even more concerned about his velocity dropping last year.

The way I see it, for the next two years, Scherzer will be better than JZ. Then age will set in and for the 3+ years after that, Zimmermann will be the better pitcher.

I agree. It all boils down to how Scherzer deals with the inevitable drop in arm strength.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi  37s38 seconds ago

Yes, #Nats are willing to trade Stephen Strasburg if they don't get acceptable offer for Zimmermann (in event they land Scherzer).

da **** is goings on at Nats park? 

Archived