Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

One of my respected media person, Stuart Scott passed away. Classy & Cool. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. REST IN PEACE.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49

Wow, so sad. Met Stuart Scott just once. Couldn't have been nicer and was indeed cooler than the other side of the pillow. RIP.

Credibility. Competency. Positive Impact. Didn't have to personally know him to recognize it when I see it. Rest in peace Stuart Scott.

Wow.. Rest in Peace Stuart Scott.

RIP Stuart Scott. We have lost a great one!! Prayers and condolences to his loved ones. Especially his beautiful girls. You fought hard Stu

Stuart Scott's unforgettable speech when accepting the Jimmy V Perseverance Award in July. http://es.pn/1oKszL3 

B6g66sjIYAE8vOW.jpg

I mean with his money wouldn't you just retire to Mexico and drink pina coladas all day? 

I would.

I'd go full Jake Taylor.

Oh, by the way, did you buy the boobs or the boat? 

Haha, looking at boats right now.  But they're both on the list for the next couple of years.

Coaches are coaches cause the LOVE football.  It's an 20 hour a day, 7 day a week, 365 day a year job.  It's hard to let go of that kind of thing I'd imagine.

San Fran HAS to get this hire right though.  Tons of talent still on that team.  Not sure that they do better than Harbaugh, but I'd be interested to see what Bowles would do with the defensive side and all of it's talent.

Haha, looking at boats right now. But they're both on the list for the next couple of years.

Get the boobs first, they will look great on the beach OR the boat. In Colombia its about 70% off and all of the doctors are trained here and use US implants.

I think the talent is better than we suspect.  Really, I think the coaching and scheming was so bad it made us look worse than we are.  Not that I think we are world beaters, but I don't think we're a Division III  co-ed flag football squad either.

I'm not convinced. I can just about live with our LB's if an extra DE/OLB pass rusher was added, but think we need a couple of new DB's and DL moving forward.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bruce Allen knows hiring Raheem Morris wont go over with the fans well at all so he is going to try to get Wade Phillips to come aboard with some made up title like senior defensive assistant or something like that and then name Morris DC. Phillips wont have much input but the Redskins FO thinks hiring him will make the fans happy. Seems like the Redskins type thing to do.

I'm not convinced. I can just about live with our LB's if an extra DE/OLB pass rusher was added, but think we need a couple of new DB's and DL moving forward.

You are talking about what it takes to be a good or great defense. I don't disagree.  What I'm arguing is that Hall, Amerson, Breeland, and Harper is not the worst DB crew in the NFL (despite playing like it)  That our D-line of Baker, Hatcher, Coefield, Jenkins is not the worst D Line group in the NFL and might even be average... despite playing like one of the worst.  Our linebacking crew of Kerrigan, Robinson, Riley, Compton, and Murphy is not inept either.  (Okay, I'm gonna ignore the safety position... exception makes the rule)

But almost all of our groupings are at least average in talent if not above.  I think with adequate coaching the perception of talent improves greatly.

That said, we need more blue chippers, probowlers, and potential HOFers. It will be interesting to see how much our talent has been supressed by Haslett et al.  I think the answer will be that it was reduced substantially.

I don't really think we have a significant lack of talent in terms of starters on defense. I don't think we have an abundance, or high end talent, but I think we have enough to put forward respectable defense.

We may not have a lot of game changers, but I think we have guys who...when played to their strengths...can be solid contributing starters.

D-Line. Baker us a solid guy with greater potential I think. Cofield and Hatcher are both solid starters, though aging and possibly gone. I'd like to see us get a DE and NT, perhaps in the draft here.

OLBs. Kerrigan is a high end starter on the outside. I think Orakpo can be had for a reasonable contract and gives you a solid starter on the other side with upside. Murphy is a solid, if unspectacular, starter if you don't get Orakpo back.

ILB. Keenan has the potential to be a high end starter imho. Riley had a tough year, but when used right I think is a capable starter as a thumper inside on a 3-4.

CB. Bash also has the talent to be a legit high end starter on the outside here soon. Amerson had a rough year, but talent is not something he's lacking. We could use another solid vet here, or another quality young guy.

Safety. I think Thomas is another capable starter who's not going to wow you, but can do the job. We desperately need a FS.

One spot we HAVE to upgrade at (FS), two spots it'd be nice to go younger at (DE, NT), and a position it'd be nice to get one more solid guy (CB).

You are talking about what it takes to be a good or great defense. I don't disagree.  What I'm arguing is that Hall, Amerson, Breeland, and Harper is not the worst DB crew in the NFL (despite playing like it)  That our D-line of Baker, Hatcher, Coefield, Jenkins is not the worst D Line group in the NFL and might even be average... despite playing like one of the worst.  Our linebacking crew of Kerrigan, Robinson, Riley, Compton, and Murphy is not inept either.  (Okay, I'm gonna ignore the safety position... exception makes the rule)

But almost all of our groupings are at least average in talent if not above.  I think with adequate coaching the perception of talent improves greatly.

That said, we need more blue chippers, probowlers, and potential HOFers. It will be interesting to see how much our talent has been supressed by Haslett et al.  I think the answer will be that it was reduced substantially.

completely agree and to answer the question on talent being masked- a lot. This defense, with the right coaching and upgrades at safety and adding a strong NT, can be a top 10

The real problem with the defensive personnel is DL and secondary, specifically safety.

The DL is old and gets no consistent rush, which means that defenses can double Keerigan or the other OLB pass rusher.

My preference is that the first pick is the best pass rushing DL on the board.

There is some talent on the defense. But they need serious upgrade on DL.

Safety shouldn't be that hard to fix. I say that knowing that it's been broken since November of 2007. But they need to fix it.

The real problem with the defensive personnel is DL and secondary, specifically safety.

The DL is old and gets no consistent rush, which means that defenses can double Keerigan or the other OLB pass rusher.

My preference is that the first pick is the best pass rushing DL on the board.

There is some talent on the defense. But they need serious upgrade on DL.

Safety shouldn't be that hard to fix. I say that knowing that it's been broken since November of 2007. But they need to fix it.

This, less the safety.  See Ravens win last night.  We don't need Sean Taylor at safety if we build a solid d-line that generates pass rush.  And agree, our d-line is far too old.

Steve09 and Burgold the burgundy shades are strong with you.  We aren't very talented.  We need to draft lineman on both sides of the ball.  We need to get younger.  We need to generate pressure.

Thank god we are forced to do a refresh due to salary cap numbers, hopefully Bowen, Cofield, Golston, and Ryan Clark are gone and we rebuild with youth.  It's not about winning next year, it's about building a team that wins year after year.

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 28s28 seconds ago

You the man bro 1f60e.png

B6hykQKIcAAbK8l.jpg

1. If you only need inches, any play other than a QB falling forward is the wrong play. I'll never get why coordinators call anything else.

0 replies 6 retweets 7 favorites

@granthpaulsen Yep. I wish Gibbs had called a Theismann dive instead of 70 Chip back in Super Bowl XVII.

I love the playoffs but I get Irate watching these games ..because my team doesn't play anything close to them but #WinningOffTheField

Christie Lopez retweeted

Desean Jackson @DeSeanJackson11 16s17 seconds ago

Must I start off by saying this Man was one of the Few Realist Sports broadcasters I had a chance to… http://instagram.com/p/xcYWzsONhn/

SkinzMama @skinzmama 45s46 seconds ago

I'm so jealous of that Colts OLine!!

John Keim @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago

Oldest son turns 20 today. Yikes. He no longer believes I'm only 10 years older than him.

#HireWadeNotMorris retweeted

@SimoneBett but hey, feel free to send your kid to one of our camps. Only $350. #WinningOffTheField is part of the curriculum.

#HireWadeNotMorris @SimoneBett 3m3 minutes ago

@RedskinsApathy damn they went up $50 from last year 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 15s15 seconds ago

#Redskins need to invest in the C position. Licht is approaching 30 and they don't have a genuine backup. Depth needs to be addressed

Archived