Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Actually, I figure they think it just sounds more legit. I mean a round number sounds so arbitrary, but you get that specific a number it must be calculated very precisely. It makes you not want to question it.

Mind you, I'm old school enough to question whether all penalties of this kind should be fined. I mean was this done in such an egregious or mean-spirited way that it really went outside the rules and deserves a penalty outside the flag or was this just a bad play where he grabbed for the guy and accidentally got the face mask.

I googled it and there's apparently a list of penalties and how much the fine is. For face masks it's 7,500 to 15,000, depending on the severity of what happened.

Never knew there was an actual set list though. Seemed like they just pull a number out from thin air lol

Ever wonder why this word is not used in our coaching searches? 

Cause if you don't get that coach it makes it look like you're settling/can't close.

Like last year we coveted David Shaw.  In 2008 we coveted Spags.  Didn't get either.

Was Shanatans money guaranteed? If he takes another job are we off the hook for his last year owed? Just curious.

This past year was his last year, I believe.

and.....   

Is there a second part to this tweet?

Or is that the tweet preceeding one of the tweets posted earlier?

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora  ·  56m 56 minutes ago

Back at Oregon people have heard how upset Chip Kelly is and how he wants out of Philly w/3yrs left on his deal, can he rattle enuff chains?

Ah smith is lipstick on a pig move no new blood no new ideas and the chargers team he established was from falling into the Eli manning trade set him up . He still ran off the best about the chargers have had in years ...Bree's ... The team was full of high talent scum bags who couldn't spell team ... And in the end played the politics game to the point he could no longer co exist with anyone in San Diego ... Sounds fantastic ....

And this on top of Raheem moris as defensive co-ordinater excellent

Not sure what to make of this...

Plugged-in league source senses there could be "something big" going on in Philly in the aftermath of Tom Gamble's departure.

Eagles' announcement: Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie today announced a new structural change for the Philadelphia... http://fb.me/6xMqxGvJm 

Ah smith is lipstick on a pig move no new blood no new ideas and the chargers team he established was from falling into the Eli manning trade set him up . He still ran off the best about the chargers have had in years ...Bree's ... The team was full of high talent scum bags who couldn't spell team ... And in the end played the politics game to the point he could no longer co exist with anyone in San Diego ... Sounds fantastic ....

And this on top of Raheem moris as defensive co-ordinater excellent

I mean, you're supposed to be the one who yells at me for not supporting the team right?

I'm as ho-hum as it gets this offseason... but I will say that AJ Smith's teams in San Diego went like this:

2003: 4-12

2004: 12-4

2005:  9-7

2006:  14-2

2007:  11-5

2008:  8-8

2009: 13-3

2010:  9-7

2011:  8-8

2012:  7-9

So... two losing seasons in 10 years.

His player selection was outstanding - his coaching selection of Norv Turner was not.  His "bedside manor" with players in contract negotiations was not.  That's where I think it'd be beneficial to have a Bruce Allen handy.

Now, this all said, no - it likely doesn't change things, it'll just further complicate them.  And no, it's not likely that a guy this old will bring in the "new ideas" that we crave.

But sign me up for a ten year stretch like that... cause any 2 of those years consecutive are better than anything we've seen since the 80s.

EDIT:  Keim also implied that AJ Smith would hire Wade Phillips, who was his DC in San Diego.

Buried the Chargers?

I sure would love to be buried like that...perennial playoff caliber team...took over a bad team and churned out a roster that had one

losing season, his last, and left enough talent that the team made it back to the playoffs the next season and another 9 wins this year. Where do I sign?

People only want to reflect on when he was directed to dump the roster to avoid cap hell, like it was his choice. The guy is a great, no wait, one of the best talent scout managers there is. I would guess he hasn't had a chance to put his stamp on this team yet, probably only made suggestions. 

Chip Kelly just pulled a coup in Philly.

Let the downward slide begin for the Eagles...

Chip Kelly pulled a power play. It worked. He runs the team now. That's short version of what happened in Philly today

I mean, you're supposed to be the one who yells at me for not supporting the team right?

I'm as ho-hum as it gets this offseason... but I will say that AJ Smith's teams in San Diego went like this:

ny 2 of those years consecutive are better than anything we've seen since the 80s.

EDIT:  Keim also implied that AJ Smith would hire Wade Phillips, who was his DC in San Diego.

First, let's remember it was Schotty who Norv replaced. Schotty who wanted full control from AJ. Second, if this means Bruce is stepping away from personnel choices and letting AJ handle that, that in of itself is a huge upgrade. Bruce never selected and developed players in Tampa the way AJ did in San Diego. Third if AJ means we get an actual Defensive man from the outside, that's called a Hat Trick. 

Footballs are the least exciting things he's intercepted.

B5jkeBlCcAAXkER.jpg

49ers ask for permission to interview Shanahan the Younger http://wp.me/p14QSB-9FSp 

Wow, that is pretty big. 

Parlayed. even bigger, we'll see if ole Chip knows the pro game right quick. 

.@DeSeanJackson11 is in the house! Tune-in! #NFLTotalAccess

B6Yj2B4CAAEYCQf.jpg

Heard Vic Fangio's interview with the 49ers, who already know him quite well, lasted in excess of 6hrs and was very impressive. Interesting

In essence, Chip is becoming the coach and defacto GM, while Roseman is going to be the contracts and cap guy.

These guys really care....Picture007.jpg  Lol.

In essence, Chip is becoming the coach and defacto GM, while Roseman is going to be the contracts and cap guy.

but yes you're right, I wonder though if he can handle it. 

First, let's remember it was Schotty who Norv replaced. Schotty who wanted full control from AJ. Second, if this means Bruce is stepping away from personnel choices and letting AJ handle that, that in of itself is a huge upgrade. Bruce never selected and developed players in Tampa the way AJ did in San Diego. Third if AJ means we get an actual Defensive man from the outside, that's called a Hat Trick.

Yep to all that...

Chip Kelly is a pretty good coach. I was really hoping he would be out of the East altogether it we couldn't land him, now he just has GM responsibility.

I know he doesn't have any playoff wins (out of 2 years 0-1) but yeah I'm not gonna let that impact my opinion this early into his career, especially when saddled wtb Sanchez and still trying to fix the defense up.

Archived