Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Noticed a tweet from yesterday on the Redskins page on ESPN that was depressing:

When Snyder bought the team, the Redskins overall record as a franchise (includes the few years in Boston) were 51 games above .500.  They are now 11 games above .500.

Granted, as people will point out, we lost a lot of ground in the six years between Gibbs 1.0 and before Snyder became owner, as we were 23 games under .500 during that time. In Snyder's first four years, which included two Norv, one Marty, and Spurrier's first season, we were 2 games above .500 overall.  Since then.......42 games under.  Basically have averaged 6-10 for the span.

Sigh.......do the Skins go below .500 as a franchise during the next 2-3 years?

We won 7 games over the last two years. 22 teams this year alone won at least that. It's not only possible, it's entirely probable and increasingly likely.

The #Redskins signed LB James Gayle and DT Kenneth Horsley to futures contracts, according to the NFL's transactions report. #RedskinsTalk

@Redskins I've been a fan for 18 years. Seen a lot of bad seasons in that time. The last two were unbearable. I want to Gus Frerotte myself.

But I also know that some general manager candidates in the past turned Snyder down because they felt what he wanted most was a dinner partner. (I was told Bobby Beathard felt this way.) I also wonder how many strong football GMs or so-called rising stars would want to work in Washington knowing how the power is set up and how you won't have ultimate power.

Pretty damning evidence from Kiem...

Pretty much what we've all suspected. The guy has no business owning a sports team

Yup.

Lucky us. 

Lol dinner partner. Dan is such a lonely loser. This best friends club is bordering on just sad now. The guy just wants to be liked.

Lord knows very few of the other people within the NFL like the guy.

He must not understand at all why shelling out millions for a team has not gotten him admission to the exclusive all boys club. I guess they forgot to tell him you can't be a complete incompetent douche, otherwise you won't get any respect. 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 38 minutes ago

This is an interesting one. Wade Phillips will interview for the #Redskins defensive coordinator opening this week, source says.

#Bears would’ve swooped until… yeah RT @greggrosenthal: Wade Phillips would be a good hire in Washington. Succeeded as a DC everywhere

It's zero surprise phillips will get a look. Wrote Thursday about connection with aj smith and how he still likes him. Also...

John Keim ‏@john_keim  19 minutes ago

Bruce Allen has told people in the past how much he likes wade phillips. No surprise or stretch to think he'd be highly considered

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL  26 minutes ago

Would absolutely take Phillips over Raheem Morris if the Skins are staying 3-4. No brainier imo.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 29 minutes ago

Wade Phillips has seen the #Redskins in person at least five times this year. Has watched from crowd, not box, etc. Has a good feel already.

Wade Phillips sounds like a good choice but if we can't properly evaluate and recruit talented players and also have a very dysfunctional organization, can he succeed?

I have my doubts.

Depends on whether or not AJ Smith has full control of the roster or not.

At any rate, I think Wade is miles better than Hasnone as a teacher.

You wont see DB`s lining up and communicating with each otheras if they speak different languages

Jimmy Johnson says hi!

Hence the word "rarely" in his post.

I can only think of two others and while both had success, neither won a SB once they had total control. Bill Parcells and Mike Holmgren. Parcells won SBs in NY with George Young as GM, but did have successful teams in NE, Jets and Dallass. Holmgren meanwhile won a SB in GB under Wolf and had mild success in Seattle. Not sure if Belichick would count since he won his with pseudo GMs in place.

It might still be cronyism to an extent, but if AJ Smith is given the keys to the personnel department and Wade Phillips is running our 3-4 defense, I will feel significantly better than I did after that stupid presser by Allen on Wednesday

Same. Not to the extend of optimism but certainly better than hopelessness.

It might still be cronyism to an extent, but if Smith is given the keys to the personnel department and Wade Phillips is running our 3-4 defense, I will feel significantly better than I did after that stupid presser by Allen on Wednesday

Agreed. At least there is a positive track record with these guys

It might still be cronyism to an extent, but if AJ Smith is given the keys to the personnel department and Wade Phillips is running our 3-4 defense, I will feel significantly better than I did after that stupid presser by Allen on Wednesday

Part of the problem w/ Snyder isn't so much the people he brings in to run the FO (ok, that is the majority of the problem) but also the ambiguity in terms of roles and responsibilities. 

If he brings in strong folks but there is no clear delineation of what each person is supposed to do, if they aren't given the freedom to operate as they should, and if there is no clear accountability - you can lay to rest any chance of a winning record in the foreseeable future. 

This is what we need to do.  Hire AJ Smith as GM, let Bruce do his Team President thing, hire Wade Phillips as DC, and I will take a bullet for us all and be Dan's dinner partner.  

Honestly, I was in the military for 6 years.  I went to dinner with a whole BUNCH of ********, foreign and domestic, politician types, etc.  Dan can't possibly be as bad as some of the people I had to stomach.  If all he wants is a dinner partner and a buddy to talk football with, I can do that.  Especially if it means the Skins are relevant again after 20 years of nothing good.

Problem solved.

Lol dinner partner. Dan is such a lonely loser. This best friends club is bordering on just sad now. The guy just wants to be liked.

I think that's a big part of it.  He has to be liked and he has to win his way.

I think that's a big part of it.  He has to be liked and he has to win his way.

Here are some ways to be instantly liked by thousands of Skins fans:

1) Stop being a douche

2) Spend money on beefing up the scouting dept

3) Work your ass off to hire the best FO people to run the organization

4) Get the **** out of the way

I am over the fact that we'll never be the packers or the steelers organizationally. I jut want competent coaches and someone drafting and signing players that isn't a complete Baffoon.

I mean jerry jones has gm'd one of the best teams in the league this year. You don't have to be the packers, just don't be the raiders.

I want wade Phillips and I'm ok with aj smith having a larger role. Now about that gruden guy... I dunno yet.

2) Spend money on beefing up the scouting dept

Makes no sense to me how this has never happened!

Archived