Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nice job embarassing ourselves in front of Joe Gibbs today

I Love The Skins

No it'll take somebody like a front office version of Shottenheimer or Parcells to fix this mess. Gibbs would just go along with Snyder 1/2 the time and the other 1/2 trade 1st or 2nd rounders for washed up RB's and QB's. Gibbs would be about as bad as Vinny as a GM except he might actually try to build an OL but maybe not, once Beathard left Gibbs never found any new OL to replace all those aging vets.

I really would be all for Dan bringing back Marty and giving him full control of the football operation again as President/CEO in  Mark Murphy type role 

Hopefully he leaned over and told Dan to build a true front office and let those guys build the team the right way. If he does that, your piece of advice would be taken care of. 

Gibbs, as team president, decided to keep Vinny around. Joe is a great coach, but I question whether he would give the soundest of advice.

Gibbs, as team president, decided to keep Vinny around. Joe is a great coach, but I question whether he would give the soundest of advice.

If all he had to do was choose a good person to recommend to Snyder, I'd take my chances. One thing he's done very well in his career (in both the NFL and NASCAR) is surround himself with great decision-makers. 

A Legendary NFL Coach watching a Legendary Coaching debacle.

#fireGrudennow

I would give up Gruden if it was a new, qualified GM making that decision. Any decision made by Snyder/Allen is no better than throwing a dart. 

I love Gibbs and think that he did an overall good job in his second tenure here. But he was old the second time around and appeared to sugar coat a lot of things by always saying what he thought was the right thing. The point that I'm getting at is that if Gibbs was kissing up to Snyder by always telling him what a good owner he is and that he was doing the right thing back then, an even older Gibbs must really be telling Snyder whatever he wants to hear now. Not to mention that I believe Gibbs is still on the payroll as a consultant and at this stage of his life, he's not going to bite a hand that is still feeding him by telling Snyder that he is an idiot who destroyed our Redskins. The sad thing is is that's exactly what Gibbs needs to do because he's the only one Snyder will remotely listen to. But that is never going to happen because as I said, Gibbs is a much softer old man now and he's not going to be straight and upset the brat Snyder. 

Gibbs was great for this franchise and we have him to thank for the great years we had. Snyder needs to let the man live out his years and leave him alone with this circus act that he's running. What Snyder should do that is long overdue is have a statue of Gibbs erected outside of the stadium to honor his accomplishments to the organization and make that the ever lasting thing he does for Gibbs. And he shouldn't wait...do it while the man is alive. 

I wish we could ever move on from Joe Gibbs. At so me point, we are going to have to figure out what to do without him.

I hope Snyder was embarrassed at this franchise in front of his idol. But it stops there. Gibbs doesn't need to be a part of this franchise any longer.

For that matter, Parcells too. Let's get the next young up and coming GM that can turn tnis thing around and not rely on guys that won't be around for the long haul or don't have the dedication and hunger of a young man

Gibbs is someone Dan trusts.  Joe was likely looking at RGIII, Haz/Gruden, execution and playcalls.  Dan may be questioning whether he can trust Bruce.  Gruden may want to dump RGIII, but first he wants Joe to see RGIII up close.

I think there may be major changes coming fast after this season in the front office.  Joe may be here to help with the transition/evaluation.  Just speculation, but I don't think Joe came to DC in December when the skins have 4 wins just to watch the game.  Somehow he is involved in evaluation of someone on that field.

Also, this give Dan some cover.    He did not just tell his coach/president to fire or hire someone without consulting the PRO.

PS - I think Joe comes back for us the fans.  He knows we love him.

I wish we could ever move on from Joe Gibbs. At so me point, we are going to have to figure out what to do without him.

I hope Snyder was embarrassed at this franchise in front of his idol. But it stops there. Gibbs doesn't need to be a part of this franchise any longer.

For that matter, Parcells too. Let's get the next young up and coming GM that can turn tnis thing around and not rely on guys that won't be around for the long haul or don't have the dedication and hunger of a young man

Agreed.

One of the reasons this franchise is stuck in this awful hellhole is our obsession with the past.

We have these "Homecoming" games and it seems like every week we're honoring someone who played damn near 30 years ago.

We have these fans demanding that we hire Joe Gibbs or Russ Grimm or Doug Williams or X and Y because they're "Redskins."

What this franchise needs is a complete and total house clean. NOBODY that is associated with the franchise should be hired. Start completely fresh and new.

I wish we could be as ballsy as the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA who destroyed their franchise in order to rebuild from scratch. But Snyder has NEVER committed to rebuilding. It's quick fixes every year. And the sad part is, it's EXACTLY what most fans want.

Think about this for a second....we finished tied with the Jets......the Jets!!! Again couldn't score 20 @ supposed home stadium.

you do realize the Jets have been a more successful franchise than our team over the last 20 years, right?

MOre winning seasons, more playoffs wins, more division titles, more conference championship games, etc.

The Jets should be embarrassed that they are at our level, not the other way around.

Gibbs is someone Dan trusts.  Joe was likely looking at RGIII, Haz/Gruden, execution and playcalls.  Dan may be questioning whether he can trust Bruce.  Gruden may want to dump RGIII, but first he wants Joe to see RGIII up close.

I think there may be major changes coming fast after this season in the front office.  Joe may be here to help with the transition/evaluation.  Just speculation, but I don't think Joe came to DC in December when the skins have 4 wins just to watch the game.  Somehow he is involved in evaluation of someone on that field.

Also, this give Dan some cover.    He did not just tell his coach/president to fire or hire someone without consulting the PRO.

I do. He has come here to watch this team before in the past.

PS - I think Joe comes back for us the fans. He knows we love him.

Not all of us.

I remember how horrible some of the fans were towards Gibbs in his second stint. I'll never forget the time the crowd booed him against Buffalo in 2007 the week Sean Taylor died. My Mom swears that is why he didn't come back in 2008.

I don't know about that, but I do think the fans who hated on Gibbs are getting what they asked for back then. He gave us a respectable team, and a large contingent didn't appreciate it.

Hahahahahaha.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Gibbs turned out to be another pillar of the Snyder crony network. The fact he didn't kick Cerrato's ass out of the building when he got here tells me his advice probably isn't worth spit at this point.

I agree and like everything except the PS. He is enjoying his family, charity work, NASCAR, he is not getting back into the NFL grind.

I hope he was here because Dan wanted his input on the coaching aspect. Because after the whole Brunnell affair where Joe stuck with him even after he could not throw the ball more than 15 yards, and not trading up for Aaron Rodgers, but selling the farm to get the next pick for Jason Campbell, I simply no longer trust his opinion on QB's. sorry...Love the man and what he did here, but there it is...

I can hear Joe in the cackling high pitched voice that he uses when he is saying something negative and does not want it to sound confrontational telling Dan: "Boy that's quite a mess you got out there!!!!!" regarding the team today. (The voice he used when he told the story about going to Riggo's farm and thinking to himself "I got to trade this fruitcake!!!")

Question:  is this the first game Joe Gibbs has been to a game since he left the 2nd go-around?

We've been a mess since then.  Doesn't Gibbs watch the games on tv? 

If Snyder is asking/paying for his advice then it's one of two things:  Snyder doesn't listen to him...or...Joe is giving him not-so-good advice.

Or maybe...just maybe...Joe Gibbs is just there to watch a Redskins/Cowboys and nothing more.

shrug.

I really would be all for Dan bringing back Marty and giving him full control of the football operation again as President/CEO in  Mark Murphy type role 

If Marty came back at his 70+ age we'd at least see a team win 8-14 games every year even if we lost in the first round of the playoffs. It'd be better than anything Snyder could ever possibly do running this clown show.

After firing Schottenheimer: Spurrier was 12-20 (with the Snyderatto Clownshow in full effect)

Since Gibbs: 6 last place finishes in the past 7 years (with the Snyderatto and Allen puppet regimes in full effect)

Meanwhile Schottenheimer turned around the same Chargers that were the laughingstock of the league and went 14-2 one season and 47-33 over 5 years.

From 1999 to 2014 we've won the division twice, and the 1999 team Snyder didn't have anything to do with while Schottenheimer in San Diego, after being fired by Snyder, won 2 division championships in 5 years in a tough division at the time.

We haven't won 11 games since 1991 and all 31 other teams have done that at least once. Schottenheimer, who hasn't coached 10 seasons since 1991, still has 6 times reached 11 or more wins since 1991.

Thanks Snyder, you moron.

1290037123_m_cover_illo.jpg

It is kind of hilarious if you think about it, the two coaches who at least left DC with a respectable image were considered over-the-hill has-been guys who the game "passed by"

Every time Synder has attempted to be be cute with his coaching selection it has blown up in his face.

Hahahahahaha.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Gibbs turned out to be another pillar of the Snyder crony network. The fact he didn't kick Cerrato's ass out of the building when he got here tells me his advice probably isn't worth spit at this point.

Another  major dumb move by Snyder right after he hosted the controversial Navajo Nation president and made him wear Redskins gear in his VIP box.

Coach Gibbs was hired by Snyder as a promo tool, now he wants to do it again probably another way (consultant or something else).

This egomaniac will stop at nothing to make this franchise a source of mockery.

Insanity: doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

Coach Gibbs was hired by Snyder as a promo tool, now he wants to do it again probably another way (consultant or something else).

This egomaniac will stop at nothing to make this franchise a source of mockery.

Insanity: doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

Yep, Snyder thinks his way out of latest Epic Failure is another PR move and half of the lemming fans will likely buy into it, again.

This is how you can differentiate between an owner who wants and expects to WIN and one that just wants to market his team any way he can to the fans who have mostly given up already.

Allen will still be the GM, which means another year of Dan Snyder as our teams Head Scout during Draft Day(s) and Free Agency.

It's not a mystery why Morocco Brown left for Cleveland and then said that he left because his job title would match his actual job there.

Why does everyone think Joe Gibbs would be great to have back in any capacity?  While we made the playoffs twice with him only maybe the 2005 team was somewhat dominant.  He embarrassed himself at times as well.  Further, whether he had full control of player decisions or not, the team was not that great as a whole, talent wise.  We still ignored the o-line then just as we have been now.  Our d-line was not very good either.  We traded draft picks for older players.  As mentioned, he kept a puppet GM.  Seriously, what was soo different under Gibbs? 

As others have mentioned, we need to absolutely clean house and Snyder then needs to stick to marketing/business management and not team management.  

I do suspect Gibbs was only here to watch the game.

And if he only have one advice to give, it should be: "Leave me alone".

As much as I liked the guy and what he have for this franchise, it's time to move on from him and stop looking in the mirror.

Stop comparing our OL, to the Hogs or the Posse, or whatever...

We have to start looking in the future, and stop living in the past.

Hell, Gibbs even kept Vinny around. He's more of a grandfather than a Coach right now. Leave the man alone.

Wisen out of your mistakes, and make your own team.

I think that you are correct many fans appear to be quite hostile to him.  I think it had to do with a lack of perspective, and our angry times.  Us older fans saw the rise from a team like we have now to one of the best ever.  We had this from 1981-1992.  When he came back I just wanted improvement, a good start to the next 10 years.  Fundamentals: play hard, few mistakes, well coached, have draft picks and a mix of  verteran players.  Strong offensive and defensive lines.  Build the defense first!.  He gave us two playoffs, and a strong defense (he knew who to hire).  The fans, especially younger ones (I suspect), needed the glory we had experienced and they did not get it.  I don't think he was supposted to bring that.  He had been out of the game for 12 years.  He did in 4 what no one has done for us in the other 17 years (two playoffs over 4 years (not sure on Norv).  But that was not enough, for some.  I understand.  They do not have a Superbowl.  They have NO experience of that.

But Joe had 11 years where we loved him as a city. An older, humble man remembers how he started and who supported.  He also likely knows many of us are still here.

Archived