Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nice job embarassing ourselves in front of Joe Gibbs today

I Love The Skins

I agree and like everything except the PS. He is enjoying his family, charity work, NASCAR, he is not getting back into the NFL grind.

I hope he was here because Dan wanted his input on the coaching aspect. Because after the whole Brunnell affair where Joe stuck with him even after he could not throw the ball more than 15 yards, and not trading up for Aaron Rodgers, but selling the farm to get the next pick for Jason Campbell, I simply no longer trust his opinion on QB's. sorry...Love the man and what he did here, but there it is...

I can hear Joe in the cackling high pitched voice that he uses when he is saying something negative and does not want it to sound confrontational telling Dan: "Boy that's quite a mess you got out there!!!!!" regarding the team today. (The voice he used when he told the story about going to Riggo's farm and thinking to himself "I got to trade this fruitcake!!!")

"Dan, I hate to tell you this. That Defense is not fighting its guts out."

This D is also not playing for Haslett.  You can tell because things somewhat improved after halftime when Gruden reportedly reamed them out.  Defensive players for at least the past two weeks have had their bags packed.

I wish he would come back as GM or overall President. When he came back in 2005 I wished he hadn't coached, but was the GM or Pres. You know Danny listens to him and would do anything he said and it's going to take someone like him to fix this mess.

We are partially in this mess because of the job be did as GM when he was here. He left the cupboard completely and utterly empty. Which - granted - should have been filled by now, but whatever.

Hahahahahaha.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Gibbs turned out to be another pillar of the Snyder crony network. The fact he didn't kick Cerrato's ass out of the building when he got here tells me his advice probably isn't worth spit at this point.

I agree with this. Gibbs is yet another Snyder apologist. "He really wants to win." "He's a fan." "He will spend whatever it takes." 

I know he gave you millions, Joe. I know he pulled the Chris Farley routine every time he saw you and probably still does: "You remember that time ... uh ... when you beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship? You remember? ..... That was awesome." 

Joe should be humiliated to see what this weasel has done to a legacy he painstakingly created. He shouldn't want to even be near that scumsucking crayfish. Seeming him actually sitting there with Lil' Napoleon up in that box made me almost as sad as the results of the game. 

We are partially in this mess because of the job be did as GM when he was here. He left the cupboard completely and utterly empty. Which - granted - should have been filled by now, but whatever.

He made some pretty awful decisions, but there have been 7 off-seasons since then so I have a hard time putting any aspect of the current state of the organization on him. He is responsible for some of what plagued the Zorn years for sure, but a competent front office should be able to recover from a win-now mentality that ended that long ago. 

Everyone has this great picture of Gibbs leading us to those 3 Super Bowls his 1st stint here. He was great, the team was great, everything was great.

His 2nd go round, wasn't as pretty. Sure, compared to the mess that has been here since he left, it looks amazing. But in those 4 seasons, we were 30-34. Sure we had to playoff apperances, but we had to win a combined 9 straight games those 2 seasons to make the playoffs. We weren't some powerhouse under Gibbs.

Everyone has this great picture of Gibbs leading us to those 3 Super Bowls his 1st stint here. He was great, the team was great, everything was great.

His 2nd go round, wasn't as pretty. Sure, compared to the mess that has been here since he left, it looks amazing. But in those 4 seasons, we were 30-34. Sure we had to playoff apperances, but we had to win a combined 9 straight games those 2 seasons to make the playoffs. We weren't some powerhouse under Gibbs.

I think the bigger lesson is how good Gibbs was to overcome Vinny and the lack of talent to achieve the results he did. What we saw was what a true hall of famer could do, playing a step slow, and fielding a scab team for a 16 game season against the NFL's best.  He was one Carlos Roger's dropped interception from the NFC Championship.

Nothing to sneeze at.  No reason to tear down the past.

I think Snyder is talking to Gibbs about the current coaches on the team- which ones to let go and which ones to keep.

Also who should be hired as defensive coach.

I hope not. Do we think Gibbs has been studying game film and breaking down players/coaches?

I think the bigger lesson is how good Gibbs was to overcome Vinny and the lack of talent to achieve the results he did. What we saw was what a true hall of famer could do, playing a step slow, and fielding a scab team for a 16 game season against the NFL's best.  He was one Carlos Roger's dropped interception from the NFC Championship.

Nothing to sneeze at.  No reason to tear down the past.

Again, not knocking the job Gibbs has done here. Just saying that it's not like things were coming up roses for us during the 2nd stint. Bringing Gibbs back now isn't going to do anything and would be a pure sign of desperation for Danny.

Gibbs is a freaking legend and he could do whatever he wanted and I wouldn't be mad at him. But let's not pretend that he's going to walk in and everything will be just fine.

My vote is for Gibbs to come back as owner.  Let the other minority owners vote Dan out and give Joe a chance to buy in.

That's fine by me. He's gon a great job running the NASCAR team but bringing in people that are smarter about it than he is. That's what good leaders do. Surround yourself with smart people.

My vote is for Gibbs to come back as owner.  Let the other minority owners vote Dan out and give Joe a chance to buy in.

That would be incredible.  In some alternate universe, the purpose of Joe in the box was so Dan could find someone to take over as majority owner.  We can dream...

I'll never forget the time the crowd booed him against Buffalo in 2007 the week Sean Taylor died. My Mom swears that is why he didn't come back in 2008.

I was at the game. He deserved to be booed for not understanding the rules. That cost us the game.

But its not why he didnt come back in 2008. I think he gained about 15 lbs after becoming HC again and he is actually old. Looked like he was slowing down a lot too.

He didnt come back because he was 68 years old and had easier things to do than worry about this team full time.

Not all of us.

I remember how horrible some of the fans were towards Gibbs in his second stint. I'll never forget the time the crowd booed him against Buffalo in 2007 the week Sean Taylor died. My Mom swears that is why he didn't come back in 2008.

I don't know about that, but I do think the fans who hated on Gibbs are getting what they asked for back then. He gave us a respectable team, and a large contingent didn't appreciate it.

Agreed. That was the most deplorable time in my Skins life. Let Joe retire in peace.

I love Gibbs and think that he did an overall good job in his second tenure here. But he was old the second time around and appeared to sugar coat a lot of things by always saying what he thought was the right thing. The point that I'm getting at is that if Gibbs was kissing up to Snyder by always telling him what a good owner he is and that he was doing the right thing back then, an even older Gibbs must really be telling Snyder whatever he wants to hear now. Not to mention that I believe Gibbs is still on the payroll as a consultant and at this stage of his life, he's not going to bite a hand that is still feeding him by telling Snyder that he is an idiot who destroyed our Redskins. The sad thing is is that's exactly what Gibbs needs to do because he's the only one Snyder will remotely listen to. But that is never going to happen because as I said, Gibbs is a much softer old man now and he's not going to be straight and upset the brat Snyder. 

Gibbs was great for this franchise and we have him to thank for the great years we had. Snyder needs to let the man live out his years and leave him alone with this circus act that he's running. What Snyder should do that is long overdue is have a statue of Gibbs erected outside of the stadium to honor his accomplishments to the organization and make that the ever lasting thing he does for Gibbs. And he shouldn't wait...do it while the man is alive. 

Joe does not need Dan's money. I suspect he came to the game for the same reason the rest of us did, because we love this team period.  

The one thing I have always admired about Joe was that he was the kind of guy who wasn't afraid to say "I don't know" but, also had the good sense to find the people who did.

Archived