Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Cowboys (Final)

JimmiJo

"Season we had"...It's over ...You said it yourself now let's move forward...here is a hanky :)

No thanks, I don't know what the hell you've been using that thing for!

Really though, this isn't over until we know what changes will happen as a result. We can't move on to next year, or even this offseason, until we know what the repercussions were for this massive amount of failure.

No thanks, I don't know what the hell you've been using that thing for!

Really though, this isn't over until we know what changes will happen as a result. We can't move on to next year, or even this offseason, until we know what the repercussions were for this massive amount of failure.

This was HASBEENs last season rejoice my stubborn fool...greatness has never been closer..get your thinking cap on that disfigured skull of yours and tie the string this time :)

This season is different from all the other failures.  I haven't seen us this distraught and hopeless after a season.   

I agree. I can't even pretend to find a hopeful storyline for us to hang onto and overanalyze through the offseason to keep spirits up. There is no "if we improve X we're contenders" story in our future.

Perhaps that's for the best though. If Dan feels it too then perhaps real change can be made.

Just finished watching the game, although I knew the outcome.  While they didn't look good, they were not as pathetic as I thought they'd be considering what the final score was.

Griffin made some mistakes, the play calling was so so out side of a few plays, and the defense was its normal deplorable self.  Imagine what our secondary would be like if Breeland didn't turn out to be a gamer.....

All that being said, we have a long way to go to get decent.

PS.  I saw at least 3 blatant holds against Kerrigan that were not called.  How much do these officials make a year to suck this bad?

What we need is an offensive line that looks like Trent. I watched a shot from behind the line today and the rest of the line was small compared to him. Stack and rack the O line and any of the three quarterbacks we have will be a pro bowler.

Tman.

Yep... everything starts with the Oline... I'd love to find a great center this offseason.. and two huge guards... the pressure up the middle is rediculous..

Not sure but I think JJG was our HC at the time. Another low blow.

Ouch... will be pissin blood after that one...

The way Gruden answered about the D coach during his presser.... I have a bad feeling Hazbeen might be back. :(

If he is...I think I'm gonna just tune out for a little while.  Whether that's until the combine, free agency, draft, start of season, or a couple seasons down the line, I don't know.

I mean, I have more important things going on in my life than football for the first time in a while, Haslett coming back might be the best thing for my career actually.

I've had enough.  I'll keep listening & occasionally tune in, but I just do not enjoy this product anymore.  There is just no fun in watching this team perform and it has been this way for many years in all honesty.  I truly have better things to do with my time.  I have spent soooo much money on....this crap.  What a waste.  I am just sad and sick to my stomach. Just a putrid and disgusting display, consistently, by a long ago glorious team.  A fan since 1971, this is the most downtrodden I've EVER been in regard to the Redskins; in EVERY conceivable way.  I'll always be a fan, but will be stepping away for awhile now. I'm just tired & old I suppose, but there is just no magic in the air anymore.  My wife pointed out it has been really gone for over two decades and that I don't even get mad anymore. My passion has been extinguished.  Enjoy all, and HTTR, always.   

Hopefully they wait to make any decisions until they name a true GM. Let Allen stick around to be the team president (non-football operations) and oversee the hiring and empowering of someone who's willing to spend 18 hours per day drinking in football. It's time for this team to get serious about doing things the right way before it sees a mass exodus of it's most loyal of fans. I'm talking about the fans that have been dedicated for 3, 4, 5 decades!

Hire a GM. Let him spend whatever he feels is needed to fill out a front office, personnel/scouting department, and coaching staff. Then, let those guys begin fixing the on-field disaster. 

definition of hypocrisy is Gruden giving up on RG3, and Cousins for failure to perform after a tiny sample size, yet openly speaking that he wants to retain Haslett after a full season of defensive ****

Outta likes but you're dead on. If this is the case he's chosen his buddy over his own career.

This game should have sealed Haslett's fate.  If he's back, it'll absolutely show the FO isn't about winning, they are about the "good 'ol boys" club.  Seriously, if he's back, I just won't be able to watch anymore.  Five years of watching the same bull**** gets old.  How can you look at the last 5 years of our defense and say he's done even a mediocre job, and justify keeping him?

For someone that watched the Hog's Era, it kills me to see how the FO has neglected to address the OL issues. As for what's our "identity", well, it was established during the Hog's and Gibbs' era. We were a power team that used the running game to set up the passing game. We need to return to our prior identify

I fully understand the game has now changed but the Cowboys showed us that IT ALL STARTS and FINISHES WITH THE OL. Frankly they beat us with our past identity.

44 points allowed? It might prove to be worth it if it results in Haslett getting canned.

I wasn't expecting much from this season so I'm not too disappointed. But that will change if Haslett gets retained and/or our draft picks are used on something other than the lines or safety.

technically 37 cause one of the scores was a defensive TD

technically 37 cause one of the scores was a defensive TD

still ****ty though lmao

I know this is probably a stupid thing to say right now, but: I'm gonna miss watching my skins play. I mean, the next bit of excitement I'll be able to feel as a skins fan will be in March when FA hits, then april when the pre-season/regular season schedules come out, then Draft time, then May/June for Minicamp updates/tweets, then July for Training camp. 2 full months of no Redskins news, pretty much...gag me now.... :(

For someone that watched the Hog's Era, it kills me to see how the FO has neglected to address the OL issues. As for what's our "identity", well, it was established during the Hog's and Gibbs' era. We were a power team that used the running game to set up the passing game. We need to return to our prior identify

I fully understand the game has now changed but the Cowboys showed us that IT ALL STARTS and FINISHES WITH THE OL. Frankly they beat us with our past identity.

The front office has addressed the issue. Or tried to address it. The problem is they keep picking sub par players.

I know this is probably a stupid thing to say right now, but: I'm gonna miss watching my skins play. I mean, the next bit of excitement I'll be able to feel as a skins fan will be in March when FA hits, then april when the pre-season/regular season schedules come out, then Draft time, then May/June for Minicamp updates/tweets, then July for Training camp. 2 full months of no Redskins news, pretty much...gag me now.... :(

Free agency never really works. Especially for us. They'll go out and bring in more guys to make us fans forget about last year. It never translates into more wins. I'd rather them not be active this year and really try and focus on the draft.

Archived