Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are legitimate options to replace Haslett as DC?

HtownRocks111

This means that Raheem Morris is a lock to keep his spot as position coach as well. 

After 35 years of being a Redskins fan, it may be time to turn in my fan card.  This is like a toxic relationship....you know someone is so dysfunctional that they will only bring you stress and pain, but you keep going back for more until you finally hit rock bottom, give up hope that they will improve, and say "enough".

I'm not going to attend any games or watch any on television, buy any Redskins merchandise, or emotionally invest in this team in any way until anyone with ANY ties to Tampa Bay are dismissed from the team.

Bruce Allen is a failure.  I only hope that Snyder realizes that sooner rather than later.

Don't give up your fandom bruh.  At this point the new GM can only do so much due to time constraints.  Going over the roster, preparing for FA and the draft.  This is a show me year for all involved and if it fails (high potential that it will) the new GM will clean house and implement new changes.  Sorry to say but season 2016 could be a wash and sometimes you just have to suck to become good.  Be patient.

HTTR!

Can you clarify this please ? Stockholm Syndrome is when hostages start to defend and justify the actions of their captors.

You said the fan base is suffering from this syndrome because they're impulsive. Do you mean Snyder (which is known for his knee-jerk reactions and win now mentality) and his yes men are the captors and the fan base the hostages ?, or something else ?

In that the owner is knee-jerk & undisciplined...the fan base has begun to act this way, despite its best intentions or interest. Many of us cannot seem to help ourselves from repeating the same logical fallacies or ideological conclusions...even though they seem different from the outside, they are one & the same.

has anyone else interviewed Joe Barry for Defensive Coordinator?     Besides his Father in law and the Skins

Nope-- noone wants a defensive coordinator who finished 32nd in point allowed in his 2 seasons and 29th and 32nd in yards allowed while guiding the lions 0-16 defense

Nope-- noone wants a defensive coordinator who finished 32nd in point allowed in his 2 seasons and 29th and 32nd in yards allowed while guiding the lions 0-16 defense

Adam Schefter confirmed this a little while ago, the only team who asked to interview him is the Redskins.  What I keep hearing is he's a nice guy and has a lot of energy and they liked his interview where both traits came out.   Keim actually was pretty tough on the radio today saying if that's the hire, clearly hiring the top D coordinator available wasn't their goal. 

Adam Schefter confirmed this a little while ago, the only team who asked to interview him is the Redskins.  What I keep hearing is he's a nice guy and has a lot of energy and they liked his interview where both traits came out.   Keim actually was pretty tough on the radio today saying if that's the hire, clearly hiring the top D coordinator available wasn't their goal. 

That seems pretty clear to me as well.  I'm actually floored that Gruden, coming off a 4-12 first season as a first time head coach, went this route.  He doesn't have the luxury of swinging and missing on a DC twice. 

the other angle people aren't considering is this....

say you hire Wade, or Fangio (who was my DC man-crush), or someone of that ilk.  it's safe then, to assume that they will cost lots of money & be expecting a mid-to-long-term deal, right?  ok...now let's say we have another piss-poor season & you want to ****-can Gruden.  the way SM runs things, whomsoever he hires will be tasked with hiring his entire staff.  in all likelihood the entire staff will be jettisonned & the new HC will be provided with a clean slate with which to build a team with his philosophy. 

1) you don't want to have to pay a high-end DC a gigantic buyout if your shiny-new HC wants to go in another direction.

2) you don't want to handcuff your new HC by not empowering him to hire all of his staff from top to bottom.  if your big-time DC acquisition is a 3-4 guy, then what if your new HC wants a 4-3 installed?

3) how many big-time DC's on the market do you think would be all that interested if cognisant of this potential route.  if they feel like Gruden is on any sort of hot-seat...then why would they want to risk wasting a year here with the uncertainty that it could all get blown up as early as next season.

i just find it hard to get all emotional about this....whatever you want to call it.  it seems like Allen/Gruden's last attempt to strike gold with one of their high school sycophants.  when it all falls down...i 100% expect Scot to hire the guy he wants, with his vision, with his players, & that guy will hire the DC he wants to work with to go with his vision...& so-on.

i'll reserve judgement until this all goes North, or when it goes South, & stays there.

Gruden's standard......Haslett, Barry, Colt McCoy......I now believe that guys like Lavauo and Roberts were guys Gruden wanted.

2nd rate coach!

I am kind of getting that vibe as well.

To be positive though, he is building one hell of an arena league team. (That might be all he knows. I will do here what I did there to win those Arena championships.)

Seems like I remember in a nightmare a few years back, that Snyder and VinneRATto thought in the Zorn interview that he reminded them a lot of Joe Gibbs.

Oh wait!  ... Like all nightmares involving the Redskins and Snyder, it wasn't a nightmare or a bad dream. It really happened! No. Really. It did.

I wouldn't give you a penny for what this FO thinks of a guys "character" and "energy level !"

Gruden.

2nd rate coach!

Why are you rating him so damn high?!

And to think I was actually happy with the Gruden hire last year. And then he blew through all three of our quarterbacks by week 7 and decided he didn't want to work with our #1 anymore. After giving it about 4 whole months (2-3 since camp started in July?).

Seems like I remember in a nightmare a few years back, that Snyder and VinneRATto thought in the Zorn interview that he reminded them a lot of Joe Gibbs.

Oh wait!  ... Like all nightmares involving the Redskins and Snyder, it wasn't a nightmare or a bad dream. It really happened! No. Really. It did.

I wouldn't give you a penny for what this FO thinks of a guys "character" and "energy level !"

Why are you rating him so damn high?!

And to think I was actually happy with the Gruden hire last year. And then he blew through all three of our quarterbacks by week 7 and decided he didn't want to work with our #1 anymore. After giving it about 4 whole months (2-3 since camp started in July?).

I was being generous

the other angle people aren't considering is this....

say you hire Wade, or Fangio (who was my DC man-crush), or someone of that ilk.  it's safe then, to assume that they will cost lots of money & be expecting a mid-to-long-term deal, right?  ok...now let's say we have another piss-poor season & you want to ****-can Gruden.  the way SM runs things, whomsoever he hires will be tasked with hiring his entire staff.  in all likelihood the entire staff will be jettisonned & the new HC will be provided with a clean slate with which to build a team with his philosophy. 

1) you don't want to have to pay a high-end DC a gigantic buyout if your shiny-new HC wants to go in another direction.

2) you don't want to handcuff your new HC by not empowering him to hire all of his staff from top to bottom.  if your big-time DC acquisition is a 3-4 guy, then what if your new HC wants a 4-3 installed?

3) how many big-time DC's on the market do you think would be all that interested if cognisant of this potential route.  if they feel like Gruden is on any sort of hot-seat...then why would they want to risk wasting a year here with the uncertainty that it could all get blown up as early as next season.

i just find it hard to get all emotional about this....whatever you want to call it.  it seems like Allen/Gruden's last attempt to strike gold with one of their high school sycophants.  when it all falls down...i 100% expect Scot to hire the guy he wants, with his vision, with his players, & that guy will hire the DC he wants to work with to go with his vision...& so-on.

i'll reserve judgement until this all goes North, or when it goes South, & stays there.

I can get behind this idea. On the surface the hire looks like just another bust move. But I think your points hold a lot of water in the "Let's give Scot a chance to do his thing" sense. If he really is the football mind that we really believe he is then I think it would be safe to say he knows a lot more than we do lol.

It would make sense to me, given the way and timing of the GMSM hire that he doesn't truly have ANY of HIS guys in place at all yet considering the team was interviewing DCs before GMSM had even signed a contract. I would think that would be pivotal to him actually putting his own process in motion in regards to actually building a team. I have a feeling this entire team, coaching staff included, is going to be gutted like we all had suspected when the team actually hired a real GM. So I think the frame of mind here is to start working on getting the right players in and out, and according to that, he makes his move on the coaching staff. He could have his eye on a few other coaches that may not be available until next year.

skinsforlife101, on 14 Jan 2015 - 5:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC

SkinsForLife picked up the above twitter report.  Perhaps we should contact Fangio now.  Why wouldn't they (SF) offer Fangio the job though?

HTTR!

Archived