Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support Dan Snyder moving the team to LA, so long as the NFL promised DC an expansion team within three years?

MassSkinsFan

Do You Support Dan Snyder moving the team to LA, so long as the NFL promised DC an expansion team within three years?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Support Dan Snyder moving the team to LA, so long as the NFL promised DC an expansion team within three years?

• Yes, but only if we are allowed to keep the team history/name/logos/etc.
    • Yes, even if it means we lose all the history
    • No way

Ive been a Redskins fan for almost 20 years. Its gotten me nowhere. What is a team/fanbase, without winning?

Every positive memory fans have of their team is when they won, not when they were a seemingly eternal trainwreck. This fanbase would not be what it is today, if it werent for the 70s, 80s, and early 90s

where would it have gotten you if they had been winning?

So basically this is "the book of Daniel" thread with a poll?

I'm no mod, and don't presume to be one, but I'd bet on a merge here.

Why do people keep giving ownership of this idea to the guy who wrote that article? I said the exact same thing a week or so before that piece was written. I want some props, yo!

http://es.redskins.com/topic/385464-es-petition-for-snyder-to-sell-the-team/?p=10060248

I would be thrilled if he'd take the team elsewhere. Take it to L.A. I'll live without football for five years if it means we can be rid of that stain forever. Worked for the Browns. 

where would it have gotten you if they had been winning?

Honestly, for me, it goes far beyond winning at this point. Winning under Snyder is fleeting. It would have given me more positive moments, instead of the majority of it being negative. Thats about it. I just do not believe that the lightbulb will come on for Snyder, and that he`ll stop repeating his mistakes

If getting out from under all of that misery and hopelessness means saying goodbye to this team, then so be it.

Id rather wait 3-5 years for an expansion team than see him own a football team in DC for another minute

Honestly, for me, it goes far beyond winning at this point. Winning under Snyder is fleeting. It would have given me more positive moments, instead of the majority of it being negative. Thats about it. I just do not believe that the lightbulb will come on for Snyder, and that he`ll stop repeating his mistakes

If getting out from under all of that misery and hopelessness means saying goodbye to this team, then so be it.

Id rather wait 3-5 years for an expansion team than see him own a football team in DC for another minute

Once the Redskins are off the NFL map there will be no way in hell of ever getting them back. Not trying to debate the right or wrong of the namesake but it's crazy to think how the NFL would act after all that bad publicity about the name if they had to vote to allow it to come back to the NFL.

I get ya, I don't like DS either but I love my football team and unlike the Browns when this happened to them, the media and owners would not allow the Redskins to return if they removed them even for a little while so when my ears here "DS moves team..." You might as well be saying to me..."Would you like the Redskins to go away for the rest of your life?" This would be the death of our franchise if something this stupid happened.

And this coming from a former native Maryland resident who now lives in Fort Worth Texas. Professional football in Washington DC would not mean the same to me that it does now if the Redskins went away. It would be like the Ravens. Sure I don't hate the Ravens, they are from Maryland but I don't care to follow them much and if the Redskins became the whatevers I wouldn't follow them either

The question really is based on how much I love the name Redskins.  It is possible that the NFL would allow Snyder to take the name with him out West, but there's no way he would get to take the team out there and a new franchise would be named the Redskins.  There is just too much anti-Redskin energy for that too ever happen.

Now, I love Washington more than the name, but I am opposed to a name change.  So, that is the scales on which this decision is made.

Ultimately, I'd probably be against Snyder moving the team.

Once the Redskins are off the NFL map there will be no way in hell of ever getting them back. Not trying to debate the right or wrong of the namesake but it's crazy to think how the NFL would act after all that bad publicity about the name if they had to vote to allow it to come back to the NFL. I get ya, I don't like DS either but I love my football team and unlike the Browns when this happened to them, the media would not allow the Redskins to return if they removed them even for a little while so when my ears here "DS moves team..." It would be the death of our franchise

I understand that, and can absolutely see how that would crush you, but I can only speak for myself.

I was born in South Fla and moved here in 95. I chose this team. I wasnt born into cheering for it. There are no generations of fans in my family. I am the first.

Therefore, though I do get excited watching the old clips of us from the past, I feel no connection to it. None whatsoever. I am a 19 year transplant. All I know is misery.

Thats what makes it easier to want to move on if the opportunity ever presented itself

Getting rid of the name and seeing the team leave, raki g its history with it, is a very very minor thing for me, as difficult as it may be to understand. For a number of reasons, I would have zero problem no longer cheering it on, especially if it means getting rid of Snyder

This is ridiculous.  It's almost as ridiculous as the 980 host last week who asked the question, would you trade the franchise name for 5 consecutive winning seasons and followed by playoff appearances.

Yeah, we could be like the cowboys who've chocked everytime they made the playoffs... That would be no better, frankly.

Any of you who voted anything besides NO should turn in your fan card along with your pride.

The very REASON you're on this forum; the Washington Redskins. The team you chose to root for, or grew up rooting for, or the team your friends/family rooted for.

Now you just don't give a flying **** if they leave or not? What the hell has gotten into you people?

{ and I mean you people as fans, not any stereotype }. Does it suck going through seasons like this? Yes. Does the owner make dumb decisions? yes. But, it will change, at some point. We don't know when, but it will.

Truth is, IF the team was somehow moved to LA, whether they take the name or not, bet your house and children on it that the team, IF a team is granted here, will NOT be named Redskins. The team's history, trophies, players, everything, gone. Just because some of you selfish ****s want to win? How does moving them mandate a winning franchise would end up here? IT DOESN'T.

Besides, be careful what you wish for; it could very well happen, that if it did happen, and if a team was granted here, you could end up with Mike Shanahan as HC, Haslett most likely wouldn't go with the old team, get signed here, and end up with the same, no, worse, cluster**** of a ragtag team than before.

Suck it up, it will get better. Stop acting like a spoiled 6 yr old. The kaleidoscope will align, things will get better, but not on your or my schedule.     R  E  L  A  X

just hell no....been a fan since the early 70s and as bad as I hate what I see on the field now I will never willingly part with the past I remember just to get rid of the owner. is what it is and I just hope for the light to come on in this mans head and winning football comes back to D.C. BEFORE I DIE..........that's all I have to say about that   HTTR

Any of you who voted anything besides NO should turn in your fan card along with your pride.

The very REASON you're on this forum; the Washington Redskins. The team you chose to root for, or grew up rooting for, or the team your friends/family rooted for.

This is not the team we grew up with and it will never be that team as long as the Toxic ToddlerTM holds the reins.

But, it will change, at some point. We don't know when, but it will.

OK Linus, let me know what the Great Pumpkin looks like! :-)

It's hard to imagine this happening, and even if it did I have an even harder time believing that we come out of the end of it all rooting for an expansion team named the Redskins.

What can I say, I don't trust anyone in power to advocate for this fanbase.

All that being said, I'm still in - anything to get rid of Snyder. HTTR!

I don't know how anyone can be so sure the next owner would be any better? Maybe we would be getting someone like Bill Bidwell or William Clay Ford who were cheap and didn't try to win.. Don't get me wrong I can't stand Dan but at least he tries to win he just can't get it right.

The future is uncertain with anyone else. With Dan, the future is certain.

This is not the team we grew up with and it will never be that team as long as the Toxic ToddlerTM holds the reins.

OK Linus, let me know what the Great Pumpkin looks like! :-)

But, its the team we grew up loving.

When Snyder first took ownership, he meddled in every aspect, and it drove people bat**** crazy. Then he backed off and hired a GM, even though he sucks as GM, Snyder backed away. Does he still have involvement? Probably, but he has goten better.

He is a young owner, by age standards, and is going to make mistakes; who doesn't?

He would get rid of a coach after a short term and we gave him **** for it; now he gives them more time and we still give him **** for it. Can't win for losing.

In reality, this team is 1 friggin guy away from turning this slump around; a new GM.

A REAL GM would take reigns, tell Snyder to sit down and watch the show, and bring in the personnel and players who CAN make this happen.

Selling the team, moving the team, etc, guarantees only 1 thing; if a new team comes to DC, they will NOT be called the Redskins. No guarantee of this new team being any better than the current one, no guarantee of anything. Snyder loves this team, and will fight tooth and nail to preserve its name, and i'll take years of below average or sucking teams rather than give up the history.

Archived