Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Snyder you have one move left

Tyron Biggums

Popping in without reading the first few pages, so this could have been said ...

I am perfectly fine with firing Jay Gruden so long as it comes along with a full-on HOUSE CLEARING like the Browns did a couple years ago ....

I'm talking about Bruce Allen and everyone else in management, outside of Snyder. This is all so pathetic. If we clear house, I'm perfectly fine with it.

What I think would be a disaster is if the team fires Gruden, Haslett, etc. but retains the upper management and brings in someone else without changing the structure. WHO WOULD WANT TO COME INTO THAT SCENARIO. NO ONE.

At least if Snyder completely cleans house, he can sell the "I'm hands off, it's all in your hands" approach to a GM who can do things his own way. For all we know, Snyder has been more out of the decision-making than he was prior to Allen. But he gave control to a person that just wasn't capable or qualified, IMO ... so the natural progression is to bring in the right guy. Maybe these past 3-5 years will be looked at as a failure that needed to happen to make Snyder make the final transition from the crazy owner that took over the team and wanted part of every decision into someone that just let's someone else run his ship and sits back and enjoys the results.

if he's truly a fan, then he must be disgusted at what has become of the team under his ownership. 

Hi. You guys are wasting your time trying to tell DS what to do. The only thing I can think of is to do what the Giants fans did in the late 60's early 70's. The Giants were so bad and the owners were fighting so THE FANS GOT the NFL to step it made the Giants hire Geo. Young. He then turned the team around by hiring real good coaches like fat Bill P. Yes it is pos but it takes a lot of fans complaining to the NFL and threating to not go to games etc. The only thing the NFL and DS want is your cash so holding back and getting a mass petition going may be of some help. Cheers.

Popping in without reading the first few pages, so this could have been said ...

I am perfectly fine with firing Jay Gruden so long as it comes along with a full-on HOUSE CLEARING like the Browns did a couple years ago ....

I'm talking about Bruce Allen and everyone else in management, outside of Snyder. This is all so pathetic. If we clear house, I'm perfectly fine with it.

What I think would be a disaster is if the team fires Gruden, Haslett, etc. but retains the upper management and brings in someone else without changing the structure. WHO WOULD WANT TO COME INTO THAT SCENARIO. NO ONE.

At least if Snyder completely cleans house, he can sell the "I'm hands off, it's all in your hands" approach to a GM who can do things his own way. For all we know, Snyder has been more out of the decision-making than he was prior to Allen. But he gave control to a person that just wasn't capable or qualified, IMO ... so the natural progression is to bring in the right guy. Maybe these past 3-5 years will be looked at as a failure that needed to happen to make Snyder make the final transition from the crazy owner that took over the team and wanted part of every decision into someone that just let's someone else run his ship and sits back and enjoys the results.

if he's truly a fan, then he must be disgusted at what has become of the team under his ownership. 

I still am not convinced DS is a fan first. I think he uses the team as a cash cow. How else can he sit at games year after year and see his team mauled and embarrassed? He looks at the bottom line and as long as he is making money nothing changes. Cheers

I still am not convinced DS is a fan first. I think he uses the team as a cash cow. How else can he sit at games year after year and see his team mauled and embarrassed? He looks at the bottom line and as long as he is making money nothing changes. Cheers

This always bothers me about our fans. Saying things like this without any proof is just conjecture at this point.

Think about what you are saying.  Say you bought a McDonalds franchise and they guaranteed you a minimum of $1 million a year in profits from the parent company no matter how bad the store was and they couldn't get rid of you.  And then they told you that anything over the $1 million was your profit to keep, wouldn't you do you damnedest to increase that or would you just kick back in your office stuffing your face with cherry pies and french fries saying, "eh, I'm good.  I don't give a ****.  I get my million no matter what."

Saying things like all he cares about is money is ridiculous.  Newsflash, the more the team wins, the more money he makes.  Winning teams are more profitable than losing teams. 

I mean, I'm not siding with Dan as I've thought he's done a poor job in the 15 years he's owned the team, but I think it's idiotic to say all he cares about is money.  I'm just as pissed off and mad as any fan at the poor performance on AND off the field from this team, but I will defend the "money grubbing" thing. I just don't think it's true.

This always bothers me about our fans. Saying things like this without any proof is just conjecture at this point.

Think about what you are saying.  Say you bought a McDonalds franchise and they guaranteed you a minimum of $1 million a year in profits from the parent company no matter how bad the store was and they couldn't get rid of you.  And then they told you that anything over the $1 million was your profit to keep, wouldn't you do you damnedest to increase that or would you just kick back in your office stuffing your face with cherry pies and french fries saying, "eh, I'm good.  I don't give a ****.  I get my million no matter what."

Saying things like all he cares about is money is ridiculous.  Newsflash, the more the team wins, the more money he makes.  Winning teams are more profitable than losing teams. 

I mean, I'm not siding with Dan as I've thought he's done a poor job in the 15 years he's owned the team, but I think it's idiotic to say all he cares about is money.  I'm just as pissed off and mad as any fan at the poor performance on AND off the field from this team, but I will defend the "money grubbing" thing. I just don't think it's true.

I am just voicing my opinion and I was using what happened to the Giants in the 70's as a gauge. The Giants had all their games sold out years in advance so the owners had no reason to spend money on coaches and players hence they lost for 10 years. I feel DS has the same attitude. He makes money even if he is 3 -13 so why change. He hires MS to rebuild the team but MS is not a rebuilder. He hires flunky coaches like Zorn with no experience. He was warned about the cap penalty yet he did what he wanted anyway. He likes owning the team and hanging out with the boys and he has his croney friends involved like Vinny so who cares. He thinks he is like Jerry Jones or Geo. Steinbrenner picking players etc but he is not good at it. That is enough proof for me. There is no secret to build a solid team but yet he balks and only does what will turn out to be a big media splash to sell jerseys etc. like drafting RG3. The whole world said he was wrong yet he did it anyway. PJ ,If you think DS truly cares about building a winner first then why are we perennial losers? Even JJG couldn't turn us around but it was great press when DS hired him.

We should only have 4 topics here on this board.

1. Snyder sell the team thread

2. Hire a new GM thread

3. Hire a new Coach thread

4. Players suck thread (OL/DL, QB, Secondary, etc.)

Mods delete all other threads. All that is being discussed here is listed above and fits into those categories.

He looks at the bottom line and as long as he is making money nothing changes. Cheers

^This is what you said.

I am just voicing my opinion and I was using what happened to the Giants in the 70's as a gauge. The Giants had all their games sold out years in advance so the owners had no reason to spend money on coaches and players hence they lost for 10 years. I feel DS has the same attitude. He makes money even if he is 3 -13 so why change. He hires MS to rebuild the team but MS is not a rebuilder. He hires flunky coaches like Zorn with no experience. He was warned about the cap penalty yet he did what he wanted anyway. He likes owning the team and hanging out with the boys and he has his croney friends involved like Vinny so who cares. He thinks he is like Jerry Jones or Geo. Steinbrenner picking players etc but he is not good at it. That is enough proof for me. There is no secret to build a solid team but yet he balks and only does what will turn out to be a big media splash to sell jerseys etc. like drafting RG3. The whole world said he was wrong yet he did it anyway. PJ ,If you think DS truly cares about building a winner first then why are we perennial losers? Even JJG couldn't turn us around but it was great press when DS hired him.

Yes, I realize fans are frustrated.  Believe me, as a "38 Year" fan, I'm just as pissed.  Really pissed.  What you described to me in your response is simply bad decisions, bad management and bad choices and being stubborn. Seems that he hasn't learned from past mistakes and maybe one day he'll get it.  The Bengals in the 90s under Mike Brown were cheap as were the Bills and Ralph Wilson in the early 2000s until the NFL put a floor on spending.  The Bucs did the same thing a few years back, just to compare with your Giants example of the 70s.

This has absolutely nothing to do with him being only in it for "the bottom line and as long as he is making money," which are your words above.

I'm not really sure what he is thinking and neither do 99% of us in here as we don't hang around Redskins Park.  So, I cannot say for sure if he truly cares about building a winner.

What I do know is, that fans cannot continue to say he's in it "just for the money" when there is no proof of that. That is all I'm saying.  I agree with you on all the other points.

Wow!  Great article!  And every narrow-minded fan calling for Gruden's head needs to read this.  Because in this article they'll be looking into the future and seeing more fans calmoring for the next poor coaches head next December. You should spam that link on the Fire Gruden threads.

2. Hire a new GM thread

Mods delete all other threads. All that is being discussed here is listed above and fits into those categories.

Actually, only 1 and 2 would suffice.  EIther option is fine with me.  Only #2 is reasonable though. 

The speed at which things happen is insane.  So much so that i feel like even in our complaints we don't really realize how freaking crazy stuff really is.  Take yourself back to the end of 2012.  If I had told you that after just one more season, we would fire Shanahan, not pick up RG3s fifth year option, bench him and consider trading him for a late round pick, start Colt McCoy and be looking forward to 2015 with Jay Gruden as coach and Colt McCoy as his lead option at QB you would have laughed so hard that you farted.  I mean just think about what were looking at going forward next season.  Wow.  just........freakin wow.

2. Hire a new GM thread

1. Sell the team

2. Fine. Don't sell the team but never come anywhere near it.

Those are the ONLY two solutions. Neither is going to happen though.

If I had told you that after just one more season, we would fire Shanahan, not pick up RG3s fifth year option, bench him and consider trading him for a late round pick, start Colt McCoy and be looking forward to 2015 with Jay Gruden as coach and Colt McCoy as his lead option at QB you would have laughed so hard that you farted.  I mean just think about what were looking at going forward next season.  Wow.  just........freakin wow.

And when the only other option is to fire the 2nd coach in 2 years, keep the QB who hasn't won a game in over a year on a 6-26 team since the playoffs you know it can only be another LOL Snyder Production.

The speed at which things happen is insane.  So much so that i feel like even in our complaints we don't really realize how freaking crazy stuff really is.  Take yourself back to the end of 2012.  If I had told you that after just one more season, we would fire Shanahan, not pick up RG3s fifth year option, bench him and consider trading him for a late round pick, start Colt McCoy and be looking forward to 2015 with Jay Gruden as coach and Colt McCoy as his lead option at QB you would have laughed so hard that you farted.  I mean just think about what were looking at going forward next season.  Wow.  just........freakin wow.

Unfortunately, no I wouldn't have. I was excited in 2012 jut like everybody else but I was also guarded and skeptical. When Robert crumbled to a heap after being left in a game where he was clearly injured, my soul was split into 8 fragments much like Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter.

Unfortunately, no I wouldn't have. I was excited in 2012 jut like everybody else but I was also guarded and skeptical. When Robert crumbled to a heap after being left in a game where he was clearly injured, my soul was split into 8 fragments much like Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter.

Ha.  I doubt you seeing that injury made you think all that would happen.  I mean Colt McCoy. COLT McCOY.

Think about what you are saying. Say you bought a McDonalds franchise and they guaranteed you a minimum of $1 million a year in profits from the parent company no matter how bad the store was and they couldn't get rid of you. And then they told you that anything over the $1 million was your profit to keep, wouldn't you do you damnedest to increase that or would you just kick back in your office stuffing your face with cherry pies and french fries saying, "eh, I'm good. I don't give a ****. I get my million no matter what."

Saying things like all he cares about is money is ridiculous. Newsflash, the more the team wins, the more money he makes. Winning teams are more profitable than losing teams.

I mean, I'm not siding with Dan as I've thought he's done a poor job in the 15 years he's owned the team, but I think it's idiotic to say all he cares about is money. I'm just as pissed off and mad as any fan at the poor performance on AND off the field from this team, but I will defend the "money grubbing" thing. I just don't think it's true.

Look at Dan's business history.

He's never subscribed to the idea of building and growing a business properly. His business approach as it relates to increasing revenue and profit involves increasing prices, increasing company debt, and cutting cost while doing nothing to enhance the quality of product or service. He's never built something the right way with a long term vision; he doesn't know how.

He'll milk the crap out of this organization and bail. It's what he's done all his life.

Oops, I stumbled into this totally significant and most meaningful thread... let me go back to wasting my time in another *insert coach here* vs. RG3 thread. My bad!   

Yeah, it is sickening to see fellow Skin fans bash each other from the effect of not having a GM.

The cause is so simple and in everyone's face that I am afraid most don't understand or want to face the truth.

Until there is true seperation of GM and owner. The Redskins will continue to be a rudderless ship.

Sucks for Dan, the most exciting thing his product has produced is a multitude of people arguing about which player/coach sucks the most.

15 years of bull****. bush league ownership.

Sadly, this will probably be the last 3 games I will ever watch the Redskins play. To my knowledge there isn't a drug good enough, that can make his product worth watching.

^This is what you said.

Yes, I realize fans are frustrated.  Believe me, as a "38 Year" fan, I'm just as pissed.  Really pissed.  What you described to me in your response is simply bad decisions, bad management and bad choices and being stubborn. Seems that he hasn't learned from past mistakes and maybe one day he'll get it.  The Bengals in the 90s under Mike Brown were cheap as were the Bills and Ralph Wilson in the early 2000s until the NFL put a floor on spending.  The Bucs did the same thing a few years back, just to compare with your Giants example of the 70s.

This has absolutely nothing to do with him being only in it for "the bottom line and as long as he is making money," which are your words above.

I'm not really sure what he is thinking and neither do 99% of us in here as we don't hang around Redskins Park.  So, I cannot say for sure if he truly cares about building a winner.

What I do know is, that fans cannot continue to say he's in it "just for the money" when there is no proof of that. That is all I'm saying.  I agree with you on all the other points.

I am not saying he is in it just for the money. The money thing in my opinion is what makes sense and is a priority to him. It is the only way I can rationalize what he is doing to this team. DS likes being a owner. He likes the attention etc but if he made winning a priority then he would not make the same mistakes over and over. I will bet dollars to donuts that this team is worth a hell of a lot more money than he paid for it and I know you are going to say every NFL team is worth more but not as much as the Redskins. He also suffers from bad advise

1. Sell the team

2. Fine. Don't sell the team but never come anywhere near it.

Those are the ONLY two solutions. Neither is going to happen though.

Yep. Let's face it, we'll never be a consistently good football team ever again. By the team Snyder dies or sells the team football probably won't even be around anymore due to head injuries.

Newsflash, the more the team wins, the more money he makes.  Winning teams are more profitable than losing teams. 

I don't know if this is true in our case. I bet Snyder has been making plenty. This organization has to be the most profitable losing one. Very loyal fan base, part of the east coast media machine, rich history. Maybe he could make a little more if this team was a winner but I doubt it would make a big difference. 

Archived