Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Colt McCoy to start Sunday vs Colts

3CardMonte

Do we think his ego will allow himself to be in a QB battle over the summer.. Frankly I have no clue what we have in Colt.. He played on bad teams, or frankly what KC can do with Gruden.. It's going to be a three way battle royal if RG3 really wants to start here in 2015

None of our current QB's will start next year.

There is no QB battle.

We will have a new starter next year.

If Gruden doesn't believe Robert is going to be the QB of the future for this franchise, I understand it, that is his call, but I don't understand is making this move now, when the season is already lost.  What this says to me is that he has no confidence that Robert can learn/get better, because if he did, wouldn't a lost season be the best time to have your young QB get in there and learn with "no consequences"  ????

because he is playing so bad, you can't evaluate anyone else properly.  

If Gruden doesn't believe Robert is going to be the QB of the future for this franchise, I understand it, that is his call, but I don't understand is making this move now, when the season is already lost.  What this says to me is that he has no confidence that Robert can learn/get better, because if he did, wouldn't a lost season be the best time to have your young QB get in there and learn with "no consequences"  ????

Gruden probably told Snyder and Allen that the whole team was going to revolt if he didn't put the guy who was playing decent in the game.

We are 3-14 in games that Griffin has started correct? (Since last season) This isn't all on him at all. You still can't ignore that type of record. Has he suffered injuries? Yes.  No one put a gun to his head and said "All In for Week 1". He did that. You cannot erase last year since he did in fact play the whole season practically. He has been injured this year as well. You have to be on the field to help the team. Bad luck certainly plays a part. I am hoping he gets the rest of the season but can't be too upset with this decision. Only having 100 yards passing in a football game is atrocious on every level. Perhaps they feel like they can judge things differently if he is out? Who the hell knows. 

Now we'll win some meaningless games with McCoy actually executing the offense. Not this week, but some games. I hope we can get on a little roll going into next year, get some good feelings going around Redskins Park. I hope the team responds the way Gruden wants and he starts getting whatever culture shift he's looking for. It's clear nobody wants to play for Griffin, the WR's basically hate him from Garçon all the way down to Moss, with Desean being the only guy towing the company line for weeks now. The players just want to win and didn't want to go away from McCoy after they won two games with him at the helm. Reinserting Griffin in the lineup when he can't even read a defense or run the offense just sucked the life out of the team as a whole.

Prediction: there are two posters who will go unnamed that excused every Griffin mistake over the last month but will be all over Colt in the game day thread on Sunday.

Edit: also, I wouldn't get too excited folks. We aren't beating Indy with any of of our current QBs. I do expect the offense to be better though.

Who?  me?  LOL....I bet if he gets sacked 5 times it will be the O-Line's fault

This isn't a time-out. This is throwing in the towel. Another example of a what have you done for me lately fan mentality where instead of trying to fix the problem they just throw out their old toy and play with a new one.

I really hope RG3 latches on with another franchise and thrives and becomes the media darling again. This is also going to have an effect on drawing in FA considering how fast we turn our own treasures into trash.

Archived