Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Buccaneers (Final - Photos & Writeup)

JimmiJo

i will say, if anyone could handle the typical Redskins locker room gossip and use it as fuel to win, it'd probably be Winston

I'm just not into taking a 1st round QB next year

Only if he's there.  I'm not for trading any picks.  If he isn't there go BPA.  Hopefully that's an OL.

It was griffin who threw a pick 6. It was Griffin who threw 3 balls in the dirt. It was Griffin who took 4 sacks because he doesnt understand west coast offensive concepts about throwing the ball. We can go round and round with this. It wont change the fact the Rob is not a starting NFL caliber QB.

Oh and I didnt even mention the 2 overthrows to a WIDE OPEN Jackson.

Am I supposed to take your nonsense seriously when you completely ignore the point that refuted you?

RG3 isn't the only one out there making mistakes. He took 4 sacks because the OL is terrible. He even took the blame for them in the post-conference. Mark Sanchez looks competent now in Philly behind a good OL, Matt Ryan has bad games because his OL is awful. There's a reason successful teams actually invest in the OL. 

Is it impossible to draft a QB in the 1st, then spend the rest on OL? Maybe add a few in FA? 

Just saying 

You just will NEVER learn. You don't draft a young QB prospect and put him behind a horrible offensive line unless he's Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck or Tom Brady.

You draft Mariota or Winson they'll be ruined to the point of no return by week 15 of their rookie year. 

wtf is going on in this picture LOL

Oh you don't remember that?

That's your QB sitting on the gifts that Redskins fans bought for him off of his wedding registry.

Look how proud of himself he is.  That was during the All-In-For-Week-One or Operation-Patience... depending on who your sponsorship agreement tells you it was from.

"Where are the fat boys? we don't have any fat boys" -Fred Smoot explaining we need offensive and defensive lineman-

maybe this can explain why I've gotten back into sumo wrestling recently (watching it, not participating despite my username Taco Bell)

Basho going on right now! day 9 of the top rank starting 1 am EST, 2 am Central!

------

anyways 

------

The scary thing about our team right now is that, even a "picture perfect" offseason still wouldn't get me excited for next season. 

You just will NEVER learn. You don't draft a young QB prospect and put him behind a horrible offensive line unless he's Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck or Tom Brady.

You draft Mariota or Winson they'll be ruined to the point of no return by week 15 of their rookie year. 

I'd go out on a limb and say a high number of QBs drafted in the first round have ****ty O lines since they...ya know are going to a ****ty team? 

****ty teams have ****ty o lines.

BUT you can improve the O line in one offseason without drafting them in the first. Hell, they only have 1 first round pick. 

That's your QB sitting on the gifts that Redskins fans bought for him off of his wedding registry.

Look how proud of himself he is.  That was during the All-In-For-Week-One or Operation-Patience... depending on who your sponsorship agreement tells you it was from.

i dont really pay attention to stuff like that lol why would people buy him wedding gifts lol

Winston's offensive line is horrible.  He reads defenses better than any QB in college football and gets the ball out with ass and accuracy.

Believe me, I've watched every game rooting for him to lose.  Then at the end of last week it switched.  His team sucks early and he literally wills them to victory week in and week out.

Tom Brady wasn't even drafted to start

i dont really pay attention to stuff like that lol why would people buy him wedding gifts lol

Then you don't understand or appreciate the full spectrum of his character.

He's a selfish kid who is never wrong.  Already got one coach fired and took shots at another today.

As long as he wins games to show he cares about me.

Nah... let's stick with status quo:

I'd rather stick with a talented QB and improve the resources in front of him that will actually give him the time needed to make reads and be successful than stupidly investing more high picks on another QB, nickle and diming the resources for the trenches and try to keep chasing the high of finding that magical savior QB who can overcome all bad play around him every single game from day 1. 

Reality is that such a thing happening is incredibly rare, whereas plenty of teams find success through fielding a team that is competent all over. KC is winning with Alex Smith, Philly is winning with Mark freakin Sanchez, this team can win with RG3, just need to invest in OL for once. Heck, this team's glory years saw championships won with 3 different QBs, but what was constant was the amazing OL. 

We need to build a good overall team. Later on if QB still needs to be replaced we can do it, and the next one would come into a good situation. Better than short-sightedly just calling for a QB change, as if the other 2 didn't get sacked a ton, throw picks, and have trouble themselves. It took an amazing D effort to beat Dallas. We barely, barely beat TN. It's not the QB that ails us. You all need to expand instead of being so narrow sighted. I think too many are still expecting 2012 savior RG3 and since you aren't getting it you're assuming the worst instead and already ready to move on. That's the same impatience that Snyder used to have that killed our past teams. QB carousels don't work. They are desperation moves from desperate people.

Am I supposed to take your nonsense seriously when you completely ignore the point that refuted you?

RG3 isn't the only one out there making mistakes. He took 4 sacks because the OL is terrible. He even took the blame for them in the post-conference. Mark Sanchez looks competent now in Philly behind a good OL, Matt Ryan has bad games because his OL is awful. There's a reason successful teams actually invest in the OL. 

You might wanna go back and listen to Grudens press conference again. All of your questions will be answered. Griffin doesnt understand very basic passing concepts. Stuff he should have grasped by now. You dont find it odd that he is the most sacked Qb on the team by a wide margin? Gruden designed a gameplan that was basically ignored by Griffin. I am nothing more than a HS football coach but I know bad QB play when I see it. Is the entire loss on Griffin? No. But we are not going to be winning a lot of games in the future with him in this system. That much is painfully obvious.

And to your point. Yes. Philly has a better offensive line. But Sanchez also follows the game plan and gets rid of the ball on time.

Says a lot about a person when they start making off-the-field judgments about a player they are mad at, based off one picture where a player is happy because of tremendous fan support. 

Meanwhile you're advocating for Winston who has REAL character concerns and serious off field issues. Wow. Just. wow. 

Again same arguement made hours ago... The other QB's got the ball out quicker and threw the ball away more decisively than RG3 with less "talent"

you won't get the good QB with a 4-7 win season. 

Probably not, but losing on purpose is frowned upon, and rightly so, 99% of the time.

We have to at least try and do what SF, Cinci, or SEA has done, that is, build the team, insert the QB, and hope it works.  If we don't get the perfect Luck, get the imperfect Kaep or Dalton.  If they don't show enough development after 2 years, grab another guy.

This is one area where Gruden might add something Shanny didn't.  Gruden plucked Dalton out of the 2nd round, and for all his issues, Dalton and the team are still 6-3.  If something similar to that happened here, I wouldn't complain.

Heck, making the playoffs consistently THEN crashing and burning would be vastly preferable to crashing and burning by week 6-8.

I'd rather stick with a talented QB and improve the resources in front of him that will actually give him the time needed to make reads and be successful than stupidly investing more high picks on another QB, nickle and diming the resources for the trenches and try to keep chasing the high of finding that magical savior QB who can overcome all bad play around him every single game from day 1. 

Reality is that such a thing happening is incredibly rare, whereas plenty of teams find success through fielding a team that is competent all over. KC is winning with Alex Smith, Philly is winning with Mark freakin Sanchez, this team can win with RG3, just need to invest in OL for once. Heck, this team's glory years saw championships won with 3 different QBs, but what was constant was the amazing OL. 

We need to build a good overall team. Later on if QB still needs to be replaced we can do it, and the next one would come into a good situation. Better than short-sightedly just calling for a QB change, as if the other 2 didn't get sacked a ton, throw picks, and have trouble themselves. It took an amazing D effort to beat Dallas. We barely, barely beat TN. It's not the QB that ails us. You all need to expand instead of being so narrow sighted. I think too many are still expecting 2012 savior RG3 and since you aren't getting it you're assuming the worst instead and already ready to move on. That's the same impatience that Snyder used to have that killed our past teams. QB carousels don't work. They are desperation moves from desperate people.

Your point is very valid. Spot on.

But RG3 is missing wide open guys when he has a clean pocket...a lot. Even Gruden alluded to it. He doesn't look that talented right now.

Archived