Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Buccaneers (Final - Photos & Writeup)

JimmiJo

Investing another high pick on a QB and throwing him into the same crappy situation is a terrible idea. 

This is my feeling as well.  I'd be ok suffering through another year or so of suckage (no matter who the QB is), if we actually build the proper way and beef up the offensive line before drafting another QB. 

Investing another high pick on a QB and throwing him into the same crappy situation is a terrible idea.

It goes without saying that if we did that we ALSO would need to invest in OL.

But Winston would not suffer behind this OL the way Griffin does.

I literally see NOTHING in Jameis Winston. I don't understand the hype

Then you should watch more. He throws some picks because he forces throws, but he also is so instinctive picking apart a defense and can make every throw. And he's incredibly clutch.

I was just gonna post this, I swear.

IF Griffin still looks like this by the end of the year, trade him for whatever to get the controversy off the roster and draft Winston in the top-3. Mariota I'm less sure about, he's not forced to make many difficult NFL throws.

Doug Williams spoke out against Winston a couple of weeks ago in a piece I read.  And I hated the kid until this week.

Talk about a kid with all the pressure in the world on him and people hating on him left and right who can deliver?  He's the prototype.

No injury history, just some knuckleheadedness. 

I agree with all of this.  Just doubting that RGIII is the guy now.

That's easy to do after a game like today. I'm doubting the entire team. I do have doubts about Griffin but I did see good pocket movement from him at times and some good progression that was then ruined by bad teammate play. But he had his fair share of gaffes, especially the 2 overthrows on Desean. But IMO his talent is there and with a consistent pocket I think he could realize his potential. 2012 the OL wasn't great but the read option kept teams honest so he had a lot of clean pockets and we saw him thrive passing as well as running.

Yeah. So excellent that he got fired. Griffin faced the WORST passing defense in the league today and put up 6 points. Enough said.

Lovie's one of the guys who did a good job but people still wanted replaced.  He was 81-63 in Chicago and took the team to a Super Bowl and the D was constantly a power.  He was 10-6 the year he got fired.

I was just gonna post this, I swear.

IF Griffin still looks like this by the end of the year, trade him for whatever to get the controversy off the roster and draft Winston in the top-3. Mariota I'm less sure about, he's not forced to make many difficult NFL throws.

HELL NO!!! Winston is a drama nightmare, yes, he plays well, but off field drama is crazy. I would take Mariota over Winston without even questioning it. Winston will self destruct in 2-3 years after entering NFL.

We can win with Griffin. He still has to develop quite a bit, but no QB can be continually successful behind this atrocious OL, with inconsistent support from the D, and players constantly making drive-killing mistakes.

Or we can go back to square one and waste high resources on yet another QB, put him in the exact same ****ty situation, and then have these same complaints in 2 seasons when he also can't overcome piss poor blocking and rookie mistakes from experienced players. It's not over for RG3. Even with his lackluster game today anyone not blinded by hate over the loss can see that a good overall team can win with him at the helm. I think this fanbase because of 2012 expects RG3 to overcome any kind of crap situation on the team but it takes longer than 2.5 seasons to get oneself to that level. 

Griffin is the ONE making the drive killing plays!

Then you should watch more. He throws some picks because he forces throws, but he also is so instinctive picking apart a defense and can make every throw. And he's incredibly clutch.

No, Just no, at some point character has to count, I don't care how clutch Winston may be (against ACC competition) I could not bring myself to wish anything but ill on him, and certainly could not support him. 

It goes without saying that if we did that we ALSO would need to invest in OL.

But Winston would not suffer behind this OL the way Griffin does.

He'd be a rookie and he would need A LOT of development in pocket passing skills in a pro system. He would suffer even worse behind this OL. Only reason you're making such a silly statement is because you're upset about the loss and trying to pin blame all on one person. The failures are a team issue, they aren't exclusive to one position. QBs need quality around them to thrive, or am I the only one that saw Dallas all of a sudden become good with OL investment, Seattle go on a losing streak when starting OL were injured, Atlanta be inconsistent on offense despite great weapons because their OL is garbage, and Mark freaking Sanchez looking like a decent QB because he has a good OL?

HELL NO!!! Winston is a drama nightmare, yes, he plays well, but off field drama is crazy. I would take Mariota over Winston without even questioning it. Winston will self destruct in 2-3 years after entering NFL.

Who cares? The DC media is going to create off field drama for any QB we have here, what does it matter if the drama is real or manufactured? Winston would be entertaining as hell with these WR's if we can improve the OL a bit. But even as-is he'd take less sacks than Rg3.

No, Just no, at some point character has to count, I don't care how clutch Winston may be (against ACC competition) I could not bring myself to wish anything but ill on him, and certainly could not support him.

Good for you. I like to win, I'm not trying to worship these guys because they're nice people.

Now if you think Winston is a rapist, I get it. But I don't, personally.

im gonna say this again, I see nothing in Jameis Winston lol

im not gonna make a guarantee, i could be wrong, Ive seen the stats, ive seen the highlights, and hes no doubt a great college QB, he has the prototype size and the speed/athleticism, but something just seems, eh, idk, I just don't see him being worth a #1/2 pick especially if it belongs to DC

He'd be a rookie and he would need A LOT of development in pocket passing skills in a pro system. He would suffer even worse behind this OL. Only reason you're making such a silly statement is because you're upset about the loss and trying to pin blame all on one person. The failures are a team issue, they aren't exclusive to one position. QBs need quality around them to thrive, or am I the only one that saw Dallas all of a sudden become good with OL investment, Seattle go on a losing streak when starting OL were injured, Atlanta be inconsistent on offense despite great weapons because their OL is garbage, and Mark freaking Sanchez looking like a decent QB because he has a good OL?

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that FSU does run a pro system?

Griffin is the ONE making the drive killing plays!

Yes. It was Griffin with the illegal formation and the false start to take us out of scoring range and Griffin who missed the FGs. It was Griffin who knocked a catchable pass up in the air leading to an easy INT and giving the ball to the opponent on the 29. It was Griffin fumbling the ball after a good catch too. 

It's ALL the players making bad plays. Griffin had some too, but the loss was a team failure, not a position failure. 

And thats only counting the Jax game that he left in the first 0-0

That easily could've gotten out of hand like this one did.

Now we're just being ridiculous. He had hit DJax on a bomb and the officials blew the call. He had them on the move again when he got hurt. The d had 10 sacks that day. You are just hating.

He is really good at making off field headlines as well. No Thank You!!

See my previous response to you. Who cares? Media is going to create drama if it's not there anyways. And he wins despite the circus. If anything, THAT's the only guy who could succeed here and we should consider his ability to overcome off field bull**** a check in the positive column.

Archived