Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Buccaneers (Final - Photos & Writeup)

JimmiJo

It goes without saying that if we did that we ALSO would need to invest in OL.

But Winston would not suffer behind this OL the way Griffin does.

No. He would just do something incredibly stupid off of the field. I cant deny Winston's talent. But he has the maturity of a 6 year old.

Who cares? The DC media is going to create off field drama for any QB we have here, what does it matter if the drama is real or manufactured? Winston would be entertaining as hell with these WR's if we can improve the OL a bit. But even as-is he'd take less sacks than Rg3.

He could steal crab legs for the OL and then they'd play better because they'd know he cares about them. LOL

I haven't critically analyzed Winston or Mariota, but I will say this.

If RGIII isn't the solution, I renew my motion from 2011 to put McCoy in (man, never thought'd I'd say that...), accept 4 to 7 win seasons, and just build for 2-3 years before drafting a QB.  Get an OL.  Get a defense.  Replace guys who are aging (by then that will sadly include most of our WR corps).

THEN get the the QB.

Or else we'll be right back here, 2-3 years from now, having this same freakin' discussion, because QB X didn't develop.

Griffin is the ONE making the drive killing plays!

Sometimes yes, but not on every drive.  Drops, fumbles, poor run designs, penalties galore (usually not on Griffin).

We kill ourselves plenty outside of RGIII.

No. He would just do something incredibly stupid off of the field. I cant deny Winston's talent. But he has the maturity of a 6 year old.

So? The media will make any QB here a controversial circus. Who cares if it's real for once if he can play anyways.

Again, unless he really is a rapist. But who knows. The other stuff is just dumb college behavior.

Redskins fans want to skip drafting offensive lineman and draft a QB in the 1st round so we can ruin him again with this terrible offensive line LMFAOOOO

Geeze when will we EVER learn? Fix the trenches or we'll NEVER be good. 

Is it impossible to draft a QB in the 1st, then spend the rest on OL? Maybe add a few in FA? 

Just saying 

Yes. It was Griffin with the illegal formation and the false start to take us out of scoring range and Griffin who missed the FGs. It was Griffin who knocked a catchable pass up in the air leading to an easy INT and giving the ball to the opponent on the 29. It was Griffin fumbling the ball after a good catch too. 

It's ALL the players making bad plays. Griffin had some too, but the loss was a team failure, not a position failure. 

It was griffin who threw a pick 6. It was Griffin who threw 3 balls in the dirt. It was Griffin who took 4 sacks because he doesnt understand west coast offensive concepts about throwing the ball. We can go round and round with this. It wont change the fact the Rob is not a starting NFL caliber QB.

Oh and I didnt even mention the 2 overthrows to a WIDE OPEN Jackson.

Redskins fans want to skip drafting offensive lineman and draft a QB in the 1st round so we can ruin him again with this terrible offensive line LMFAOOOO

Geeze when will we EVER learn? Fix the trenches or we'll NEVER be good.

You can improve at OL and QB in the same off season. Happy to help you understand.

I haven't critically analyzed Winston or Mariota, but I will say this.

If RGIII isn't the solution, I renew my motion from 2011 to put McCoy in (man, never thought'd I'd say that...), accept 4 to 7 win seasons, and just build for 2-3 years before drafting a QB.  Get an OL.  Get a defense.  Replace guys who are aging (by then that will sadly include most of our WR corps).

THEN get the the QB.

Or else we'll be right back here, 2-3 years from now, having this same freakin' discussion, because QB X didn't develop.

Sometimes yes, but not on every drive.  Drops, fumbles, poor run designs, penalties galore (usually not on Griffin).

We kill ourselves plenty outside of RGIII.

you won't get the good QB with a 4-7 win season. 

Is it impossible to draft a QB in the 1st, then spend the rest on OL? Maybe add a few in FA? 

Just saying 

Josh LeRibieus, Adam Gettis, Tom Compton, Morgan Moses, Spencer Long.  If you're happy with that kind of plan that is what we have done. 

Yes. It was Griffin with the illegal formation and the false start to take us out of scoring range and Griffin who missed the FGs. It was Griffin who knocked a catchable pass up in the air leading to an easy INT and giving the ball to the opponent on the 29. It was Griffin fumbling the ball after a good catch too. 

It's ALL the players making bad plays. Griffin had some too, but the loss was a team failure, not a position failure.

Why did the team (offense and defense) look so good against Dallas ? Something is going on with this team that we don't see.

I've seen quite a few people on the forums here say things like "Colt is not the answer.  He's not the answer now and he's not the longterm answer.  He doesn't have the talent and potential that RG3 has.  Griffin is the answer.  He's the franchise.  We spent the first round picks on him to get him.  He's the longterm future.  And he's the best chance we have in the longterm."

I don't want to discuss whether those statements about RG3 are true or not.  Maybe they are.  Maybe they aren't.  And maybe these remaining games that we have left will help answer that.

I just want to understand why some people feel they know that Colt is NOT the answer.  We've seen a small sample size of him.  From the little we've seen, it's probably been more good than bad.  He showed that he's clutch in leading us down the field to win the game against Dallas.  He didn't get the TD but he helped us get the field goal which allowed us to win in OT if I remember.  And I think he even set a record for completion percentage in that game.  Also played good against Tennessee although it wasn't a full game.  Again, it's a small sample size and I know that our defense played extremely well against the Cowboys.  But, given that it's been a small sample size, I just don't see how we can be sure that he's not the answer.  Maybe he isn't but I feel like we've seen more good than bad with him.         

I've seen a lot of Browns fans say that he wasn't really given a fair chance to succeed in Cleveland and that he had far less offensive weapons in Cleveland than what the Redskins have now.  If that's true, then it seems like Colt hasn't really been given a fair chance yet with any team and that he could be better than anyone realizes.

You would think from reading some of the posts on here that Colt is 33 or 34.  But Colt just turned 28 two months ago.  That's fairly young for a QB.  It's certainly not old.  Why is it crazy to think that Colt could get better and maybe be a great QB if given the chance?  It's not unthinkable that he could play until 37 or 38 like Brady or Manning.  That means he could have 10 years left.  Again, I know we have plenty of other issues besides QB.  But I just don't see how at this point, we can be like "Colt is definitely not the answer".  He might not be "the" answer.  But could he be part of it?

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that FSU does run a pro system?

They have a good system with some spread and zone option elements but if you watch their games you can see that while Winston has arm talent he will have a long road in developing pocket skills at the NFL level especially if he was on this team and wouldn't have the quality OL blocking he gets at FSU. 

Good for you. I like to win, I'm not trying to worship these guys because they're nice people.

Now if you think Winston is a rapist, I get it. But I don't, personally.

That's where I draw the line, Winston is a rapist, the Tallahassee police covered it up, I'm not asking for a saint, hell I have no problem with guys smoking dope, or stealing in college, but rape is where I draw the line, and if Winston is the face of the franchise, then it's not the franchise for me

Why did the team (offense and defense) look so good against Dallas ? Something is going on with this team that we don't see.

Haslett called a better game against Dallas, but he also called a game very out of character for him.  Maybe he figured Colt needed more help or something?

Archived