Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Buccaneers (Final - Photos & Writeup)

JimmiJo

Yeah, and if anything, I'd be considered an RGIII lover.  That was just disgusting.

Don't get me wrong, I think that we have greater needs than at quarterback.  I just don't think that RGIII is worth the fight anymore.  I'm sick of defending him.  He just doesn't deserve it.

Honestly most are going to praise or blame the QB since he is the leader. Best to ignore most since they will always be over the top either positive or negative based on the final score. Plainly looking at the team we both can see that the biggest concern is the OL and the D playcalling (Riley on Evans? lol). 

I really just want to see 1 game where RG3 isn't consistently being flushed out of the pocket in under 2 seconds. Some idiotically chant for McCpy, and previously it was for Cousins. Yet Cousins was a pick machine because of the pressure he faced and McCoy vs. Dallas was also sacked 5 times. Gruden needs to call more bootlegs and rollouts. We only had a few called this game and they were successful. 

Full rookie contract, so probably 4.

If he looks near the end of next year like today, then 4 years (maybe less if we bench him).  If he looks better, pick up option and give him one more.

But for the love of all that is good and holy draft/sign some OL.  If not for RGIII's sake, then at least for the next guy's sake.  The interior line is an absolute, complete, and total joke.  We need OGs who can actually force people outside a bit so there's a pocket lane, instead of a glob of bodies that eventually get pushed back into RGIII.

I would agree with that, I would not agree to picking up his 5th year at this point though. I think next year needs to be a sink or swim year for Robert.

Should we root for the #1 pick now?  I don't see us winning another game this season.  Look at the remaining schedule... SF, Indy, StL, NYG, Philly, Cowgirls...where do we get a win out of that?

I talked myself into Jameis Winston last night.  Which was a LOOOOOONG road. 

But I don't think the Raiders win 3. 

I'd take Winston or Mariotta at this point.  But Winston is as clutch a QB as I've ever seen in college football.

In the same breath he said everyone needed to step up and that by hopefully him taking blame they will too.

He is a petulant child. :lol:

Look at what the **** he is wearing!  Is it snowing in there? :lol:

He is the leader. He has every right to take the blame but to also call for the team to step it up. Some of you are ridiculous. It's not enough for you to just say he had a mediocre or poor game, no, have to add in more stuff that isn't there for some silly reason.

We need OGs who can actually force people outside a bit so there's a pocket lane, instead of a glob of bodies that eventually get pushed back into RGIII.

Quoting myself, but wanted to add addendum to this that, while RGIII has a ways to go as a passer, adding good OGs who create that sort of tunnel for QBs with the tackles pushing to the outside too would probably help RGIII see better.  Instead of having usually a minimum of six 300+lb, 6'5" guys pushing and shoving and throwing hands up in front of him, having a slightly more open field of vision might make him trust his throws a little more.

It's one thing out of about 50 we need to work on, but need to work on it nonetheless.

That's not throwing Gruden under the bus, come on man. He's said the same stuff himself about the team being not far from a winning record. He was being critical of himself. Both he and Gruden are speaking based off the reality check this game was. Both realize everyone, every player and coach, needs to improve. 

He was basically quoting Gruden who had just said that we are a couple of plays from being 7-2 instead of 3-6.  Not 8-2 and 3-7, this was talking about BEFORE today's loss.  That's as clear of a shot at Gruden as you can get.  I'm really disappointed.

He is the leader. He has every right to take the blame but to also call for the team to step it up. Some of you are ridiculous. It's not enough for you to just say he had a mediocre or poor game, no, have to add in more stuff that isn't there for some silly reason.

He's not a leader.  Calling yourself a leader is different than being a leader.  No one follows that kid.  He's a pain in the ass to the coaches, too.

I would agree with that, I would not agree to picking up his 5th year at this point though. I think next year needs to be a sink or swim year for Robert.

Right, I think unless he plays much better in the last 4 games, the 5th year option is probably off the table.  If he plays really well in 2015, franchise him, but don't option him until he starts looking good, which, unfortunately, will likely be after this season ends (if ever).

I'd take Winston or Mariotta at this point.  But Winston is as clutch a QB as I've ever seen in college football.

Investing another high pick on a QB and throwing him into the same crappy situation is a terrible idea. 

Honestly most are going to praise or blame the QB since he is the leader. Best to ignore most since they will always be over the top either positive or negative based on the final score. Plainly looking at the team we both can see that the biggest concern is the OL and the D playcalling (Riley on Evans? lol). 

I really just want to see 1 game where RG3 isn't consistently being flushed out of the pocket in under 2 seconds. Some idiotically chant for McCpy, and previously it was for Cousins. Yet Cousins was a pick machine because of the pressure he faced and McCoy vs. Dallas was also sacked 5 times. Gruden needs to call more bootlegs and rollouts. We only had a few called this game and they were successful. 

I agree with all of this.  Just doubting that RGIII is the guy now.

Said when you're 3-6 and think you could be 7-2, you have to come back to Earth.  Paraphrasing roughly, but damn, are you ****ing kidding me man?

Wait what did he say?

He said we are a bad team. I know people think we could be 7-3 but we have to look at reality and see we are 3-7 and a bad team.

He is right tho. Dont see how its throwing anyone under the bus.

That was a Jay Gruden quote about being 7-3

I was just gonna post this, I swear.

IF Griffin still looks like this by the end of the year, trade him for whatever to get the controversy off the roster and draft Winston in the top-3. Mariota I'm less sure about, he's not forced to make many difficult NFL throws.

He was basically quoting Gruden who had just said that we are a couple of plays from being 7-2 instead of 3-6.  Not 8-2 and 3-7, this was talking about BEFORE today's loss.  That's as clear of a shot at Gruden as you can get.  I'm really disappointed.

No, it wasn't. RG3 himself had said before this game that the team was a few plays from 7-2 instead of 3-6 and other players said it as well. Many of us thought it too. But he is right, the reality is that this a team that plays like a 3-6 team, not a 7-2 team. He took his share of the blame. Plus, while I like Gruden and think he has good potential here, he is the head coach and does deserve his share of the blame as well. Plus, Gruden was down on everyone as well. Those 2 live across the street from each other and even carpool at times. But I'm sure others will misinterpret things as well and start calling him a coach-killer, bad person, etc. just like when they hopped on that bandwagon last season. For some it's not good enough to say they think he plays poorly.

Archived