Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Buccaneers (Final - Photos & Writeup)

JimmiJo

Yeah, that sounds a lot like the Jason Campbell arguments I used to read.

"Just give him 5 pro bowl linemen and 4 pro bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl RB and watch him thrive".

Bro... he's missing WIDE OPEN players and not seeing other WIDE OPEN players the whole game.  He doesn't deserve to have a team built around him.

BINGO! 

I'd go out on a limb and say a high number of QBs drafted in the first round have ****ty O lines since they...ya know are going to a ****ty team? 

****ty teams have ****ty o lines.

BUT you can improve the O line in one offseason without drafting them in the first. Hell, they only have 1 first round pick. 

But how many of them flame out? I'm gonna name a few 1st round QB's off the top of my head, now not all of them flamed out due to offensive lineman some flamed out just from lack of confidence or injuries or lack of talent.

Tim Couch

Pat Ramsey

Jason Campbell

RGIII

David Carr

Ryan Leaf

Akili Smith

Byron Leftwitch

Vince Young

Matt Leinertt

Heath Schuler

EJ Manuel

Brandon Weeden

Jake Locker

Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Tim Tebow

Sam Bradford

Mark Sanchez

Josh Freeman

Brady Quinn

Kyle Boller

Rex Grossman

Joey Harrington

Cade Mcnown

My point is we need to build this team to give the QB we draft in the future the best chance to win. We need to follow the Seattle Seahawks or Arizona Cardinals mold and built a team and not worry about QB and then pull the trigger on a QB once the other parts are established. 

QB is the hardest position in sports to hit lighting with so we need to build the perfect environment for when we do decide to pull the trigger on a QB. 

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 21s21 seconds ago

#Redskins RT @MichaelDavSmith: Washington has been held to 6 or 7 points in 3 of RG3's last 6 games.

But how many of them flame out? I'm gonna name a few 1st round QB's off the top of my head, now not all of them flamed out due to offensive lineman some flamed out just from lack of confidence or injuries or lack of talent.

You still need one.  You have got to have QB in the NFL if you want to win a championship.

Tim Couch

Pat Ramsey

Jason Campbell

RGIII

David Carr

Ryan Leaf

Akili Smith

Byron Leftwitch

Vince Young

Matt Leinertt

Heath Schuler

EJ Manuel

Brandon Weeden

Jake Locker

Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Tim Tebow

Sam Bradford

Mark Sanchez

Josh Freeman

Brady Quinn

Kyle Boller

Rex Grossman

Joey Harrington

Cade Mcnown

My point is we need to build this team to give the QB we draft in the future the best chance to win. We need to follow the Seattle Seahawks or Arizona Cardinals mold and built a team and not worry about QB and then pull the trigger on a QB once the other parts are established. 

QB is the hardest position in sports to hit lighting with so we need to build the perfect environment for when we do decide to pull the trigger on a QB. 

I agree dude. Trust me.

Trading 3-4 picks to take a QB leads to what we have today.

Look I'm not really on board with drafting a qb yet but I will say simply drafting a QB that's available when you pick will hurt a lot less than giving up 3-4 picks to get him

If you simply be smart and draft Tannehill and keep the picks, you can pick those OLs in the first in 2013 and 2014. 

I agree with you that trading the draft picks for RGIII was stupid but do you really trust our front office with those draft picks? We would get a bunch of Brian Orakpo/Laron Landry/Carlos Rodgers/RGIII/Ryan Kerrigan type guys which are talented good players but not elite superstars who win you ball games. 

But I agree with you you're right the RGIII trade was dumb but hindsight is 20 20. What we need to do is revamp the scouting department they have been there for like 20 years and it's been a MESS here for 20 years. lol

I agree with you that trading the draft picks for RGIII was stupid but do you really trust our front office with those draft picks? We would get a bunch of Brian Orakpo/Laron Landry/Carlos Rodgers/RGIII/Ryan Kerrigan type guys which are talented good players but not elite superstars who win you ball games. 

But I agree with you you're right the RGIII trade was dumb but hindsight is 20 20. What we need to do is revamp the scouting department they have been there for like 20 years and it's been a MESS here for 20 years. lol

and there it is.

The entire franchise (on and off field) is terrible at execution. They may end up drafting Todd Gurley in the first...

LOL, what is killing me about this fan base we are talking about drafting a quarterback. WHAT MAKES THE FANS BELIEVE THIS CURRENT FRONT OFFICE WILL GET IT RIGHT. I am sorry people, I say it now and I will say it again everybody has to go including Gruden and the new GM picks his head coach. I saw this debacle well in advance. I do not feel as though Gruden has a resume for a head starting coach. Bruce Allen is a cap guy and not that skilled in personnel and that is a recipe for disaster.

LOL, what is killing me about this fan base we are talking about drafting a quarterback. WHAT MAKES THE FANS BELIEVE THIS CURRENT FRONT OFFICE WILL GET IT RIGHT. I am sorry people, I say it now and I will say it again everybody has to go including Gruden and the new GM picks his head coach. I saw this debacle well in advance. I do not feel as though Gruden has a resume for a head starting coach. Bruce Allen is a cap guy and not that skilled in personnel and that is a recipe for disaster.

Sell 50% team interest to Joe Gibbs and watch him do what he's done in the NFL and NASCAR...GEt someone who can run an organization

Yeah, that sounds a lot like the Jason Campbell arguments I used to read.

"Just give him 5 pro bowl linemen and 4 pro bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl RB and watch him thrive".

Bro... he's missing WIDE OPEN players and not seeing other WIDE OPEN players the whole game.  He doesn't deserve to have a team built around him.

He's a lot of talk and a badge.

I didn't.  I wanted to draft Michael Floyd and Russell Wilson. :P

Check ya math ;)

Actually most with Campbell acknowledged he was a game manager type, but said we'd be better if we invested in the OL since the D was good for the most part back then. Imagine if the team had listened and invested in a good OL, we might still have a good OL today.

Instead we still have a bad OL and no QB is finding consistent success behind the OL. QB has changed, OL quality has not. Team is still losing games. How many more good teams have to invest in OL and how long do we have to continue having terrible blocking before most fans realize OL is holding us back?

All QBs miss reads, especially in game 3 of their 3rd season in a brand new offense. How well do you expect a QB's field vision to improve with no pocket? Nobody is saying RG3 doesn't have work to do to improve, but you and others focus solely on that and miss the forest for the trees. How is RG3 supposed to properly develop skills, or any QB for that matter, when the OL isn't giving him time to do it? How are you supposed to see a wide open WR when you are flushed out of the pocket on the snap and have to roll away from that side of the field? 

But let's do what you say and just invest a high pick in another QB and bring him into the same bad situation. Maybe the 30th QB you advocate as being the answer finally will be when the rest of the team improves. 

Actually most with Campbell acknowledged he was a game manager type, but said we'd be better if we invested in the OL since the D was good for the most part back then. Imagine if the team had listened and invested in a good OL, we might still have a good OL today.

Instead we still have a bad OL and no QB is finding consistent success behind the OL. QB has changed, OL quality has not. Team is still losing games. How many more good teams have to invest in OL and how long do we have to continue having terrible blocking before most fans realize OL is holding us back?

All QBs miss reads, especially in game 3 of their 3rd season in a brand new offense. How well do you expect a QB's field vision to improve with no pocket? Nobody is saying RG3 doesn't have work to do to improve, but you and others focus solely on that and miss the forest for the trees. How is RG3 supposed to properly develop skills, or any QB for that matter, when the OL isn't giving him time to do it? How are you supposed to see a wide open WR when you are flushed out of the pocket on the snap and have to roll away from that side of the field? 

But let's do what you say and just invest a high pick in another QB and bring him into the same bad situation. Maybe the 30th QB you advocate as being the answer finally will be when the rest of the team improves. 

for the 100th, a lot of those missed reads came with a clean pocket.

We know the OL sucks. There are still plays to be made. If hits just one of those overthrows to Jackson, the game is completely different. The guy has been learning this system since the summer time.

The coach of the team has acknowledged this himself

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 21s21 seconds ago

#Redskins RT @MichaelDavSmith: Washington has been held to 6 or 7 points in 3 of RG3's last 6 games.

You still need one.  You have got to have QB in the NFL if you want to win a championship.

Name that last team that won a Superbowl exclusively because of the QB. Even the teams with an elite QB won because they had other parts of the team get hot at the right time. 

Not one of them won with a crappy OL. 

Name that last team that won a Superbowl exclusively because of the QB. Even the teams with an elite QB won because they had other parts of the team get hot at the right time. 

Seahawks have a ****ty OL. Packers in 2010 did as well. It's not ideal nor an approach the Skins should adopt but it's possible

And no where in his post did he say a team could win exclusively with a QB

I agree with your o-line comments.  We need a whole new scouting department/front office.  The works.

But don't lump RG3 in the "all QBs have a bad day" crowd.  He's not won a game this year and he won 3 last year.

He's sucked since whoever the coach has been has asked him to learn an NFL offense.

You can either do it or you can't.  A good o-line gets you maybe an extra second or two.  That's not going to matter if you don't know what you are looking at. 

Steelers.

Seahawks.

Packers.

Why do we have to have the same conversations every time we need a new QB?

EDIT:  And I know we need o-linemen.

I know we need a new front office.

I know we need a new scouting department.

I know we need a new owner.

But can you catch up with the rest of us... and just for a second... at least ponder the fact that we need a new QB?

None of them made it with a QB taking 5+ sacks a game, overthrowing on every deep ball, getting picked off twice inside their own 20, or sacked out of fg range at least once a game either and then after the game tell everybody that the OL, receivers, special teams, and defense all suck just as much so they just have to deal with it.

I'd take the bet of you gave the entire offensive roster, OL and all, to Belicek and Brady, it would be a top 5 offense, and would strike fear into opponents.

The issue is our QB play is crap, and this is Grudens first year.

Tom Brady makes that team tick, dude can win games with ANYBODY.

The problem is Tom Brady doesn't come around but every 40 years. You'll be lucky to get Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan in the draft nowadays and that's just the 100% truth. 

I'd take the bet of you gave the entire offensive roster, OL and all, to Belicek and Brady, it would be a top 5 offense, and would strike fear into opponents.

The issue is our QB play is crap, and this is Grudens first year.

I agree.

for the 100th, a lot of those missed reads came with a clean pocket.

We know the OL sucks. There are still plays to be made. If hits just one of those overthrows to Jackson, the game is completely different. The guy has been learning this system since the summer time.

The coach of the team has acknowledged this himself

No this game would not be different because the defense would have given up the points

Tom Brady makes that team tick, dude can win games with ANYBODY.

The problem is Tom Brady doesn't come around but every 40 years. You'll be lucky to get Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan in the draft nowadays and that's just the 100% truth. 

I agree with that, too.

Our Redskins get dominated in offense,defense and special teams and all people wanna argue about is if RGIII is the future or not? lol

I guess we'll just ignore the offensive line being horrible in pass pro. The defense being terrible for 6 or 7 years now. The special teams being mentally challenged. The DB's playing 8 yards off the WR while all the other elite defenses play press man. 

But yea you guys are right we should be focus on the terrible play at QB and not focusing on the terrible play everywhere.........

No this game would not be different because the defense would have given up the points

Defense gave up 14 points?

Griffin gave up 10?

Griffin left 28 on the field.  Two Jackson over throws and two missings of wide open Jacksons... ness... ington... Junior.  The third.

So yeah... I'm betting Colt hits Jackson.  Just like he did against the Cowboys.  Three times.

Tell that to Aaron Rogers. The last time they won the SB their OL was garbage.

Defense gave up 14 points?

Griffin gave up 10?

Griffin left 28 on the field.  Two Jackson over throws and two missings of wide open Jacksons... ness... ington... Junior.  The third.

So yeah... I'm betting Colt hits Jackson.  Just like he did against the Cowboys.  Three times.

Colt missed plays in Dallas especially a deep pass to Jackson. So stop it already

Archived