Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

I agree with your conclusion Oraphus, but I'd say Robinson is better than average at ILB, and Culliver and Hall (he's a question mark due to health though) are "proven" corners.

But yeah, the FA additions shouldn't affect our draft at all (except that they allow us to roll with BPA without major holes on the defense).

You may well be right, but he's a better fit (on paper) then the previous guys we acquired. Played very well for a defense that ours should be similar to.

Corners are still a huge question mark to me...

Culliver is an above avg corner in SF.. but we have yet to see if he is a product of the system and how he produces on this D

Hall - is old and coming off a major injury. Not only is he likely to have lost an extra step but he was not always consistent pre inj.

Breeland - looked promising first year.. but so did Emerson. chance he might have softmore blues and growing pains.

Amerson - had a major decline last year. 50/50 chance he is a bust.

I also don't buy in to the 'Scot hasn't been here long enough' excuse if we have a poor draft.  He's the GM.  I would assume he's breaking down film on every prospect on our board.  I'm not gonna crucify anyone if we have a poor draft, it certainly can happen to anyone.  But I won't be giving Scot a pass either.

We need to have a few stellar drafts if we want to get back to where we want to be.  I think Scot will do us proud.

The problem with that is he only has so much time.  Think about all the time he had to spend breaking down film of guys who were available via free agency.  Now he has a month to break down draft footage for 200 players.  You just cant do it by yourself.  The job of a GM isnt to just do everything themself, its to delegate.  Organizations like GB, Seattle, and SF are successful because they have a whole group of guys, picked by the GM, that know what they are doing.  Its just too much for one man to do well, and so while I think Scot will be viewing film of some of the players, and probably anyone available in the first 2 rounds, I think after that hes going to have to rely on advise from the scouts.

I think Keenan Robinson is the LBer we all thought Perry Riley would become

The problem with that is he only has so much time. Think about all the time he had to spend breaking down film of guys who were available via free agency. Now he has a month to break down draft footage for 200 players. You just cant do it by yourself. The job of a GM isnt to just do everything themself, its to delegate. Organizations like GB, Seattle, and SF are successful because they have a whole group of guys, picked by the GM, that know what they are doing. Its just too much for one man to do well, and so while I think Scot will be viewing film of some of the players, and probably anyone available in the first 2 rounds, I think after that hes going to have to rely on advise from the scouts.

I think Keenan Robinson is the LBer we all thought Perry Riley would become

Agree, but he also had a year off to thoroughly scout knowing he was coming back to the NFL. It's not like he was starting a lemonade stand befoe we hired him.

I also don't buy in to the 'Scot hasn't been here long enough' excuse if we have a poor draft.  He's the GM.  I would assume he's breaking down film on every prospect on our board.  I'm not gonna crucify anyone if we have a poor draft, it certainly can happen to anyone.  But I won't be giving Scot a pass either.

Odds of a good draft improve with volume of picks and Scot's on record as willing to trade back in multiple rounds. It makes good sense and strategy given the abbreviated time-span he's working with this year.  It could be challenging to watch if it happens. And no doubt even harder to handle the avalanche of second-guessers loosing their motherloving minds for months & years to come!

I would be surprised if we came out of this draft with 10 picks or even a future draft choice...

VOR...I have already predicted Looney Tunes here on draft day. People smashing keyboards because he passed on x and took y. No doubt. I am going to be laughing my ass off at all of the part time FanGMs losing their minds.

I have blind faith in him because of his resume and also that we have nothing else to believe in at this point[/quot

Could not have said it better myself

Washington Redskins @Redskins 4m4 minutes ago

Report: RB Stevan Ridley to visit #Redskins today. READ MORE | http://redsk.in/1yRQZZa 

Ok Scot, nice start to the off-season so far. Now stop screwing around and sign Pierre Thomas already!

Would MUCH rather try and make a move for Latavius Murray, but it would have to be for a late rounder or a supporting player.

Really getting flashbacks to 2011 now.

No stability at QB. A bunch of signings to bring In vets on prove it deals and virtual unknowns. I'm just a little worried because 2011 in hindsight was a massive dumpster dive.

But Scott has my trust until he abuses it so I'll just shut up.

The draft is gonna be the true test. I'm hoping for a much better one

No doubt, but we also went without a 1st for the next 2 years after that off season, which I still think was very good.  Missing on most of our picks didn't help either.  But I do think 2011 was a good draft for depth, though I wanted Paea instead of Jenkins... but we've remedied that.

So long as we don't trade the farm again to move up next year we should be alright.  Need to hit on some picks, though.

Keenan Robinson is an average LB with above average athleticism.

The fact that he replaced the corpse of London Fletcher makes him appear better then he really is

the comparison to Fletcher's last season does make him look much better ...

you mean average starting caliber NFL ILB ... correct?

No doubt, but we also went without a 1st for the next 2 years after that off season, which I still think was very good. Missing on most of our picks didn't help either. But I do think 2011 was a good draft for depth, though I wanted Paea instead of Jenkins... but we've remedied that.

So long as we don't trade the farm again to move up next year we should be alright. Need to hit on some picks, though.

I think folks tend to overlook just how much the penalty hit and all the lost picks from the move up, how badly that affected us. We've done a great start to repairing and getting our D up to where it should be. I think the new Oline & QB coaches will make a huge difference as well, in seeing what we've got.

I think folks tend to overlook just how much the penalty hit and all the lost picks from the move up, how badly that affected us. We've done a great start to repairing and getting our D up to where it should be. I think the new Oline & QB coaches will make a huge difference as well, in seeing what we've got.

Yeah, I totally spaced on the cap penalty, too.  I've tried to block it out of my mind and it appears to be working :P

Yeah, I totally spaced on the cap penalty, too. I've tried to block it out of my mind and it appears to be working :P

ols Lucky you. If it was one or the other, we could have stayed at least respectable, but both? Crippled us for at least 5 years. Add in no definitive style, no full endorsements of our coaching staff or FO and poor drafting? 4 wins is almost impressive.

I think we will be .500 at worst this year and will consistently improve the next few years. We've finally got the right pieces to play a 3-4, so that'll happen, but when you can't afford or have no picks, to address the positional changes and a DC who doesn't know how to adjust or put players in a position to succeed, while watching captains, like OMG walk, there is no way to be competitive.

ols Lucky you. If it was one or the other, we could have stayed at least respectable, but both? Crippled us for at least 5 years. Add in no definitive style, no full endorsements of our coaching staff or FO and poor drafting? 4 wins is almost impressive.

I think we will be .500 at worst this year and will consistently improve the next few years. We've finally got the right pieces to play a 3-4, so that'll happen, but when you can't afford or have no picks, to address the positional changes and a DC who doesn't know how to adjust or put players in a position to succeed, while watching captains, like OMG walk, there is no way to be competitive.

One or two more years at or below .500 for me and we'll be ready to roll. 

But like I say, NO ONE will want to play the Redskins.  Our teams are going to beat you up, win or lose.  But eventually we will be beating guys up and winning.

But like I say, NO ONE will want to play the Redskins. Our teams are going to beat you up, win or lose. But eventually we will be beating guys up and winning.

I kind of feel like we've been doing that at least in the East. But yeah, we are going to be a nasty team to play against, soon enough.

But like I say, NO ONE will want to play the Redskins.  Our teams are going to beat you up, win or lose.  But eventually we will be beating guys up and winning.

Love your attitude, amigo. I'm a little jaded and not feeling any real excitement yet, but I can coast with some of your guys' positive outlooks until I get up to speed.  :P

I am putting expectations on the draft, and perusing all our excellent draftniks' analyses, to increase my positivist side.

I'm expecting several things from this draft. Mostly getting a lot more players than picks we have. I'm expecting Williams, Anthony, La'el Collins, Greyson, Parker, Rowe, Harold and that's all before the 5th round, where we will address RB, OG, OT and especially TE.

Actually, if all we did was draft players on defense to play teams and back up our starters, I'd be ecstatic. Elated even. (and a QB of course)

Love your attitude, amigo. I'm a little jaded and not feeling any real excitement yet, but I can coast with some of your guys' positive outlooks until I get up to speed.  :P

I am putting expectations on the draft, and perusing all our excellent draftniks' analyses, to increase my positivist side.

Winning games is one thing, but the way we'll play is another.

I think we'll see a lot of 20-10 type losses this year, which won't be bad, imo.  I'm totally jaded, too.  This might be the first year where I genuinely am not expected more than 5 or 6 wins and it will not upset me.  What will upset me is if the team looks lost.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

I'm expecting several things from this draft. Mostly getting a lot more players than picks we have. I'm expecting Williams, Anthony, La'el Collins, Greyson, Parker, Rowe, Harold and that's all before the 5th round, where we will address RB, OG, OT and especially TE.

Actually, if all we did was draft players on defense to play teams and back up our starters, I'd be ecstatic. Elated even. (and a QB of course)

I'd pass out if we pulled a draft like that out.

Keenan Robinson is an average LB with above average athleticism.

The fact that he replaced the corpse of London Fletcher makes him appear better then he really is

You could argue in many ways that last year was technically Keenan's rookie season (or at least 'Redshirt Freshman' season) and considering his supporting cast & defensive coordinator, I give the kid a solid B+

(The same grade I would probably give Breeland... with Kerrigan earning the only A in my opinion.)

You would like to see more big plays (1.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FR) but those will come as Robinson begins to get more comfortable with formations/play-calling.  The speed of the game is obviously not an issue as the dude just FLIES around like a wild banshee. 

I agree with Alvin... "border-line stud" and I'm predicting right now that it will be a close call between Keenan Robinson + Mychal Kendricks for Pro Bowl ILB.

I'm pretty much the second most optimistic person on this board, behind Dan T.

I'd pass out if we pulled a draft like that out.

If you're talking about the one I listed players from, so would I. You'd have to believe in unicorns to think that'll happen. ols

Archived