Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sky is Falling Thread

MusicCitySkin

But... I thought Desean Jackson was the missing piece?

Wasn't he supposed to be so good that the Redskins would win double digit games after losing 13, and Philadelphia's offense would completely fall apart without him moving the safeties back 20 yards? What happened there?

Really eagles fan? Go troll the. 9ers board.

Beat it

How many of Eli's drives were on short fields because of our Starting QB throwing a pic?

Giants Drive Chart

15:00 - 1:38 - NYG 20 - 4 - 30 Punt

10:42 - 3:07 - WAS 24 - 6 - 24 Touchdown

06:00 - 2:32 - NYG 20 - 3 - 7 Punt

01:59 - 2:45 - NYG 25 - 6 - 75 Touchdown

08:50 - 6:34 - NYG 33 - 12 - 67 Touchdown

01:16 - 1:16 - NYG 18 - 8 - 71 Field Goal

12:57 - 3:08 - NYG 20 - 6 - 29 Punt

07:50 - 1:26 - WAS 21 - 5 - 15 Interception

05:38 - 1:19 - WAS 35 - 4 - 35 Touchdown

03:33 - 2:15 - NYG 7 - 4 - 26 Punt

00:29 - 1:22 - WAS 22 - 5 - 22 Touchdown

11:30 - 5:25 - WAS 46 - 9 - 46 Touchdown

04:45 - 4:30 - NYG 29 - 7 - 15 Punt

That's 28 points they got mainly because of starting field position. I'm not saying that we would have stopped their drives had we not turned it over, but they only drove down the field three times with 2 TDs and a FG on those three rives.

Doesn't mean you HAVE to give up easy TDs.  Whatever happened to rising up and getting a stop once or twice and hold to a FG?  That's what good defenses do.

I could write a 20 page dissertation or at least a very long post on what I perceive is wrong with this team and all the events that brought them here but quite frankly, after their effort last night, they are not worth the effort.

I won't throw in the towel and I certainly never entertain the thought of changing allegiance but the only way I can describe being a Redskins fan since Dan Snyder acquired the team...it's an absolute chore.

The fact is that we don't have many great players. Our pass rush is non-existant. Zero shut down corners. Offensive line atrocious. Shaky QB play. I don't even think our defensive schemes are good. Team is a long way away.

And we spent two #1 picks and a high #2 on pass rushers too.  

With exception of this game Cousins performed well for a backup.  I NEVER got my hopes too high, even with all the "next Brady"  hype.  Cousins **** the bed, plain and simple.  The offense outside of him was alright.  The D was hung out to dry by the offense.  Our defense looks good when our offense has an advantage with time of possession. 

Agreed. Who knows what the defense would look like if the Giants started drives in their own territory? Even though it was sometimes due to drops, the D did get off the field reasonably well on non turnover drives. I'd even say well enough to win games if Kirk can be less friendly to the other team and put up some points.

I would just like to say that my fandom was in serious threat after the Kansas City game last year, which I attended.  After this game I'm really just getting sick of all of this.  I don't even want to analyze the reasons for the suck.  I just don't want to waste any energy on it.... that is all.

I could write a 20 page dissertation or at least a very long post on what I perceive is wrong with this team and all the events that brought them here but quite frankly, after their effort last night, they are not worth the effort.

I won't throw in the towel and I certainly never entertain the thought of changing allegiance but the only way I can describe being a Redskins fan since Dan Snyder acquired the team...it's an absolute chore.

20 pages is a short dissertation.

As I posted in the gameday thread, this team just did everyone a huge favor.  By letting us know early that this is going to be another 10+ loss season, we get our Sundays back.  Two of my kids play travel soccer on Sundays, and at the beginning of the season I was worried about having to record the 'skins games while I was taking the kids to soccer and avoiding following the game on my phone, but now I'm wondering, why bother?  Why hurry home to watch another train wreck like last night?  We can now start making other plans for Sundays - catch a movie, do some yard work, take a nap, etc.  No drama about making the playoffs, etc., for this team.  Time of focus on the offseason again, and how we'll spend that top 5 pick. 

the sky is not falling. i strongly believe that this team will be 4-3 after 3 straight wins. if i am wrong, i will admit that i was wrong. i will honestly, 100% come back here after week 7 if i was wrong, and post my apologies. in my opinion this team is just too talented to keep losing. we showed fight last week and gave philly a great game. then lost 4 days later. it was a short week. Hail to the redskins and just burn this game tape and start preparing for Seattle.

Appreciate your confidence in the team, but about the 4 days.  Why is it that we constantly use exuses around here?  Is that why we lost, or is it because we just suck ass?  I mean, the Giants had no problem with the 4 days and short week.  Why did we? Because we are a horrible, horrible franchise. We are the scum of the NFC. We have taken over for the Lions as the worst team in the NFC. Tired of excuses.  The 4 days effected us, but somehow the Giants and other teams just glide right through it. So when we ge our doors blown off by the Seahawks, will the excuse be that we had TOO MUCH time off?  Face Redskin fans, WE SUCK! No excuses.

Appreciate your confidence in the team, but about the 4 days.  Why is it that we constantly use exuses around here?  Is that why we lost, or is it because we just suck ass?  I mean, the Giants had no problem with the 4 days and short week.  Why did we? Because we are a horrible, horrible franchise. We are the scum of the NFC. We have taken over for the Lions as the worst team in the NFC. Tired of excuses.  The 4 days effected us, but somehow the Giants and other teams just glide right through it. So when we ge our doors blown off by the Seahawks, will the excuse be that we had TOO MUCH time off?  Face Redskin fans, WE SUCK! No excuses.

That's the easy response, but the truth is that we've got a first year coach who's going up against a 2 time super bowl winning coach in Coughlin. Its not a trivial comparison.

I'm not here to make excuses, as in the first three weeks I was saying I didn't want moral victories. This loss hurts less than the other two because at least it wasn't one of those "we're good but..." type losses. I don't want anybody smiling like "but my guy played a god game yesterday". We are a young team with a young coach. Hopefully as Gruden grows we'll see him establish a grip on this team and develop his core guys.

I will say that I like his style and his focus on fundamentals. I don't know if the starters we have - being already probably set in their ways - could be the best guys for this as it probably involves changing a lot about them. I'd almost rather just start a lot of younger players who are more willing to learn. And with the injuries (which are somewhat of a blessing) we're getting just that.

We have to see how he handles Haslett as well though.

Always fun to read people throwing our team to jettison quickly.

If they go out and beat the Pukes twice, everyone will be fine with it.

Sure, it looks nasty at first, but that doesn't mean it will be like this every week in and out. After all, despise the loss, last week was promising, even is heartbreakfull.

You know you labeled QB, TE, RB and WR as talented, as well as LB? Plus our LT, obivously.

That's 5 groups out of 9. Not that bad.

And I wouldn't label Amerson and Breeland as old yet.

Sure it isn't perfect, but no team is. So taking into account what you just posted, we're a middle of the pack team, talent wise, with a first year head coach at the helm (who need to learn also). Not the Raiders or Jags...

Beat the Pukes twice?  Nobody gives a **** about that.  Hell, we just want to win ONE game.  Never understood Redskin fans mentality that somehow beating Dallass twice gives the season a mulligan.  Bull****.  I'd rather go 14-2 AND LOSE to Dallass twice and then to go 2-14 and beat them twice.  Priorities.  Who cares about Dallass.  We need to right our own ship.

You said "all pro talent". Do they not have all pro talent?

All pros are the best at their position. While they are talented, I don't think anyone would be able to argue that any of them are the best at the position. Garçon is the closest but I don't think you can quite put him on that top shelf level

At least we have our first round pick next year. I hope RG3 returns and is all we hope, but it will take years to recoup the fundamental talent we did not get with the picks we gave up. I like Robert, but we mortgaged the team for the next 5 years counting on him. It is exactly like we all should have expected. Add all the other injuries and we are a 3 win team. We'll get better but it will take time. HTTR.

Archived