Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sky is Falling Thread

MusicCitySkin

the sky is not falling. i strongly believe that this team will be 4-3 after 3 straight wins. if i am wrong, i will admit that i was wrong. i will honestly, 100% come back here after week 7 if i was wrong, and post my apologies. in my opinion this team is just too talented to keep losing. we showed fight last week and gave philly a great game. then lost 4 days later. it was a short week. Hail to the redskins and just burn this game tape and start preparing for Seattle.

You think we're a talented team? We have a talented WR corps. We have a good RB. We might have a talented if frustrating young QB.

Thing is that we barely had injuries last season

Exactly. People forget that. It's just the odds evening out. Harshly.

With exception of this game Cousins performed well for a backup.  I NEVER got my hopes too high, even with all the "next Brady"  hype.  Cousins **** the bed, plain and simple.  The offense outside of him was alright.  The D was hung out to dry by the offense.  Our defense looks good when our offense has an advantage with time of possession. 

We gave up, what, 24 points on turnovers? Considering 5 of them were Cousins' fault, I think a competent QB would have helped.

The OL looked 1000% better with Cousins, once that barely adequate LG and then TW went down if RG3 had been starting he'd have been sacked 15 times but yeah at least he wouldn't have thrown the 4INTs either.

in my opinion this team is just too talented to keep losing.

That's what people said all during the second half of the 2013 season.

Fact is that we have to now play two teams with nasty defenses back to back.  I honestly don't think we're looking at a 4-12 catastrophe, but 8-8 looks like an absolute best case scenario at this point.  Two of the three losses so far were games a good number of folks had pegged as wins prior to the season.

yes. i think we are a talented team, in my opinion. we just had a short week. 11 days to prepare, and i think we'll win 3 straight. i am crazy, i know, but i am a homer. so, HTTR

Where's the talent?

One great OL, 4 bad ones.

Old DL, no promising depth.

Good, if overrated LB corps.

Bad, old, shallow, limited secondary.

Bad ST's despite apparently devoting most of an entire draft and FA period to that area of the team.

Messy QB situation, but there's talent there.

Great WR corps but no real redzone target.

Injured but talented TE corps.

Good RB group.

So where all this talent hiding?

Talked to Trent Williams. .MRI tomorrow. .says doctors said no ligament damage ..possible dislocated knee. Says pretty bad pain. #Redskins

**** it, I'm cirrhosising the **** out of my liver tonight

Where's the talent?

Bad ST's despite apparently devoting most of an entire draft and FA period to that area of the team.

Good RB group.

We are a valuable franchise? That's impressive? Um...yeah.

Um...yeah...um...we're 14-2 this season in my Madden franchise??

Where's the talent?

Good RB group.

You know, I've wanted to believe in the hype with our DL/LB corp.  But it seems that in consecutive weeks now, they've failed to generate pressure against beat up or mediocre offensive lines.  Not sure if that's on the scheme, or the players themselves.....but it's disheartening nonetheless.

Anybody familiar with the movie Silver Streak? 

It's one of those films that has a soft spot in my heart and a prominent status as part of my collection. I watch it often.

Anyway, when Gene Wilder's character is thrown from, or otherwise repeatedly dislodged from the train, he hilariously exclaims each time, "son-uva-*****!"

That's kind-of how I feel right now with the Skins. 

Archived