Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sky is Falling Thread

MusicCitySkin

The sky is not falling.  We are 1-3. That is almost par for the course, for us. 

Good thing we aren't the players, otherwise they would never be able to overcome any adversity at all.

Im not being paid to be a fan.

If I was this would be a helluva lot easier muwahaha.

I've pretty much given up on the Stadium but when I saw this post, I had to respond.

You actually understand sarcasm? Lol

yeah, i do :) i know that he doesnt actually think global warming is the reason for the sky to be falling.

as for my post, i seriously believe that mara is the problem. he should be banned from this league.

yeah, i do :) i know that he doesnt actually think global warming is the reason for the sky to be falling.

as for my post, i seriously believe that mara is the problem. he should be banned from this league.

:ph34r:

I've believed it since the great turtle crawled out of the ocean with the earth on its back.

If you can figure out what movie or year, one might call you witty. ;)

What I never saw coming this year was the Cowboys and Giants playing well. I thought the Redskins were the second best team after Philly but they're not. They are the 4th best in the division. The Cowboys have been lucky so far to avoid injuries on offense and Murray unfortunitly is the best RB in the NFL right now. They have spent three #1's on o linemen and have built a very good line like successful teams do. The Giants have A good group of receivers, Jennings is a very underrated RB and Eli has caught on to the new get rid of the ball quick offense. The Eagles don't look as good as I thought they would but they are still the best team in the division. Everybody seemed to improve except the Redskins.

The strange thing about ES -- if the Skins somehow happen to beat Seattle and Arizona -- many would flip back to burgundy & gold euphoria, proclaiming the 3-3 team as playoff material.

While I'd love to observe that kind of reaction after a two-game winning streak ... I tend to doubt it'll happen. The Skins secondary is just too depleted now; and unless the front 7 can mount an effective pash rush, the DBs are going to get worked over.

That said, I'm really hoping for a win; this board is too dismal and fatalistic after a loss.

And I really hope OsamaBin Obama turns into a good President these next few weeks too.But it aint gonna happen

seriously? why bring politics into a thread that is about football? also, was there really any need for that comment? i mean, i was just trying to bring some optimism into this thread. i wasnt saying that the team will make the fans eat their words. i was saying I HOPE. there is no need to say **** about the president in response.

it amazes me that people STILL hate on snyder. in the 2nd year of zorn, people wanted snyder to fire cerrato and hire a GM and hire a new coach. he did EXACTLY THAT. he fired cerrato, hired bruce allen, and then fired zorn and hired shanahan. people wanted snyder to back off and let the coach and general manager handle things. he did exactly that. he backed off. during this recent coaching search, people wanted snyder to not be involved in the process, and just let bruce be in charge of picking the head coach. and what did he do? he did exactly that. jay gruden was bruces hire. it was mentioned back in january that dan wasnt involved in the interviews and meetings. it seems like whatever dan does, nobody is going to like, no matter what.

when it comes to the owner of an NFL franchise, there's a few things that are upper most on the list when grading them.

1.  Who do they hire

2.  What is their day to day involvment with the team

3.  ultimately, what's the team's record under that owner.

Answers for Snyder:

1.  He's owned the team for a decade and a half now.  His days of being a "new owner" are LONG GONE.  I think personally he gets a little bit of a pass, actually, because he is so young compared to many of the old billionare codgers out there like skeletor in Dallas.  Look at the men HE has hired.  And then evaluate the performance of the people HE has hired.   The people he hired.....for the most part...have failed him MISERABLY.  At the end of the day, THATS HIS FAULT.  You hire a piece of flaming garbage ...its not the flaming garbage's fault....its the guy who hired him.   And listen......that job's not easy.  No one is saying the job of an NFL owner that impacts the product on the field is easy.  It's not.  Still, it's his and all the other 31 team owners' cross to bear.  An organization starts with them.  Hes the only guy here in any prominent role since 1999.  Its a hard job, but thats what billionaires are there for ....to make the right choice at the most important football decisions of GM and Coach (if the owner is making the coaching hire).  And hes failed miserably in HIS responsibility as the steward of this franchise to hire the right ones.

2.  His meddling ways are legendary across the league.  And there is strong rumors an innuendo that he was committing the worst of owner fouls as recently as this past season with all the stories of him creating a rift between the star QB and the coach.  Some have said its true, even Shanahan has intimated.  Some say its not true (ironically, only those currently under the Redskins payroll).   He's probably not as bad as he once was, but if you believe in some of the reports, he completed meddled in 2012 with getting RG3 drafted and again last year.  To think he's some sort of innocent babe in the woods at this point is not safe thinking.  One of the hardest things in life is for a person to simply change.  Change habits, change who they are.   Become a different , better person.  If it was easy, we'd all do it.  He might not be as HORRIBLE as he once was (and he was THEE downfall of this proud organization, single handedly killed it); I do not believe he's little miss innocent now either.  I dont trust him at all and I have no reason to.

3. self explanatory.   Black and white numbers.  Awful.

• 1 month later...

Archived