Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sky is Falling Thread

MusicCitySkin

Is this rock bottom? Has the sky fallen?

No. The sky will complete the fall when the Cowturd and Fecals fans take over FedEx in December and beat down our hapless Redskins by 30+ points.

That's going to be rough.

Honestly by then, I doubt there will be any Skins fans in the stadium or watching the game on TV or listening on the radio.  It will not shock me to see Snyder fire,fire, fire and then go after yet the next big name.

In honor or dishonor of this thread; can listen to "The Sky is Falling" by Hall and Oates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z50pWkoJ3eU

Until Synder is lone gone, this team will never be a consistant winner  Most of us will be long dead by then. :(

What's hilarious is always how we are missing a component. During the Sean Taylor days, we had a great defense, but couldn't score points and I always begged for a better offense. Then RG III's first year, we had an amazing offense and our defense was atrocious. And all along we never had a reliable Kicker or Punter, and now we have and it doesn't matter lol

So what the hell is the problems then and how to solve them?

I say scrap the Oline and rebuild that piece of junk!!!!

Not sure what to say about the ST/Defense though...

got dayum!!!

Pretty easy for me to spot. During this entire run of suck, one thing has remained constant, the owner.

This franchise sucks at the top, and that will always trickle down. Unfortunately, outside of an untimely demise (which I am in NO WAY hoping for) Snyder will own this team, continue to suck, and count all the money that Redskins' faithful fans dole out. The Redskins are a cash cow, and until, and unless, the fans begin staying away in droves, and not buying any merchandise, Snyder will never have to change his ways because he's making boatloads of $$ each year.

Does anyone remember 1981?  Didn't we go 0-5 and then finish 8-8?  To me there is hope................................  HTTR!!!

Does anybody remember 2001...or 2002? or whatever.

Skins started 0-5. We finished 8-8, getting rid of Snyder fantasy trash like Jeff George in the process.

Snyder fired Schottenheimer and brought in Steve Spurrier.

So there's no hope. JKC isn't in charge anymore and we are doomed because we have the worst owner in the NFL.

Defeatism feeds upon itself.  Depression is a blackhole with an amazing gravitational force.  I would suggest some of you go play catch with your kids, go to museum, fix the car, and escape from ES for a few days.  You need to heal and you are souring yourselves to an unhealthy degree.

No hope for this team until it improves the front office with a GM. Bruce Allen isn't a football GM since he doesn't have a football mind and no one in the NFL will say otherwise.

I hate this comment. What is a "football GM"? The guy was a GM before, over teams that went to the playoffs. Even when he was fired, his teams were lingering around at 9-7 records. Does he not know football? He was executive of the year with the Raiders in 2002 when the Raiders were actually a good team (went to the SB that year).

What did Ozzie Newsome do prior to being a GM?

- played TE for 13 years

- Front office exec for the Browns from 1991-1995

- Front office exec for the Ravens from 1996-2002

- Named General Manager in 2002.

Does he have a football mind?

People here were asking for a real GM for the 10 years prior to hiring Allen, then we hire Allen and suddenly he's not enough. I have no problem grading Allen on his record and if you want to say the results since he's been here aren't up to par, then I think that's a valid, quantifiable argument. But wanting him fired because he's not a "football GM" is like saying you want a new starting QB because he doesn't have "it".

I'm usually pretty level-headed and optimistic, but can you blame the fan base? With very few exceptions, these threads have been proven to be spot-on by the time the season ends. Other than 2012, 2007, and 2005....the seasons were essentially over when the fans called it early on. 

I know you know the facts and are a knowledgeable fan, but let that sink in...in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, and 2000 we had nothing to play for by the time December rolled around. That's 11 times in the past 14 years where we barely got to Thanksgiving with any kind of hope of having a season. 

Even in the 3 "successful" seasons during that stretch, it took winning streaks of 7, 4, and 5 games just to make the playoffs. 

This team is broken.

Thats one way to take it, but I keep bringing up the Gibbs example, or the Marty example with the Skins. Tony Dungy started his coaching career (in Tampa) 0-5 before finishing 6-10. We know how he changed the direction of that organization. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year. Mike McCarthy started off 1-4 before finishing 8-8. There are a number of examples of teams looking bad.

Just because we were good under Gibbs doesn't mean we're immune to it here in DC. This is our stretch. I just hope we (meaning Snyder/Allen) have the patience to go through the growing pains that are necessary to build a winning team.

I think Haslett has made our defensive deficiencies worse than they already are. I'm not sure what he sees out there, but this is not a team that gets enough pressure with a 4 man front to play straight up defense with no smoke and mirrors. No stunts, almost no blitzes, never made Manning guess where the pressure was coming from.  Not sure if any of you saw Manning's interview, but he basically said the Redskins played a vanilla defense that made his job easy. It was almost like Haslett was scared stiff of NY's wideouts (not sure why), because we certainly didn't give Riley any help covering the TE.  Why play nickel backs doing nothing when you can at least send a guy after the QB.  I remember one play when Riley looked like he might rush and then kind of stopped and watched Jennings break free into the flat, in other words neither rushed nor covered the back.  Fortunately Manning overthrew a wide open receiver.  But it was clear to me that Haslett was BADLY out-coached last night; it wasn't all about personnel or injuries.

Hopefully this is a part of the video review. I was happy hearing Gruden speak to this on the Locker Room when he spoke about needing to play bump and run coverage and actually get a bump. I hope Gruden and Haslett have a talks about this defense, and I hope Gruden realizes that his job (ans possibly coaching future) is tied to how Haslett performs.

Pretty easy for me to spot. During this entire run of suck, one thing has remained constant, the owner.

This franchise sucks at the top, and that will always trickle down. Unfortunately, outside of an untimely demise (which I am in NO WAY hoping for) Snyder will own this team, continue to suck, and count all the money that Redskins' faithful fans dole out. The Redskins are a cash cow, and until, and unless, the fans begin staying away in droves, and not buying any merchandise, Snyder will never have to change his ways because he's making boatloads of $$ each year.

Not true, we also sucked in the post-Gibbs, but still owned by Jack Kent Cooke, coached by Turner and previously Pettibone.

Defeatism feeds upon itself.  Depression is a blackhole with an amazing gravitational force.  I would suggest some of you go play catch with your kids, go to museum, fix the car, and escape from ES for a few days.  You need to heal and you are souring yourselves to an unhealthy degree.

Yeah, I went on a bike ride, and listened to a nationals victory. Today I'm going to catch the UMD / Indiana game. Gotta focus on the positive. And the basketball season is almost here. The Wizards are going to be a hot team this year!

What's hilarious is always how we are missing a component. During the Sean Taylor days, we had a great defense, but couldn't score points and I always begged for a better offense. Then RG III's first year, we had an amazing offense and our defense was atrocious. And all along we never had a reliable Kicker or Punter, and now we have and it doesn't matter lol

That's a misconception too. We DID NOT always have a great defense when Sean Taylor was on the team. I remember us struggling on defense many times when he was on the field.

There have been lots of teams that sucked that weren't owned by Dan Snyder. That doesn't change the fact that he's a terrible owner.

it amazes me that people STILL hate on snyder. in the 2nd year of zorn, people wanted snyder to fire cerrato and hire a GM and hire a new coach. he did EXACTLY THAT. he fired cerrato, hired bruce allen, and then fired zorn and hired shanahan. people wanted snyder to back off and let the coach and general manager handle things. he did exactly that. he backed off. during this recent coaching search, people wanted snyder to not be involved in the process, and just let bruce be in charge of picking the head coach. and what did he do? he did exactly that. jay gruden was bruces hire. it was mentioned back in january that dan wasnt involved in the interviews and meetings. it seems like whatever dan does, nobody is going to like, no matter what.

That's a misconception too. We DID NOT always have a great defense when Sean Taylor was on the team. I remember us struggling on defense many times when he was on the field.

I remember our offense not scoring many points but our defense keeping us in games, especially the playoff game against Tampa

"it seems like whatever dan does, nobody is going to like, no matter what."

He should try competent ownership. That would probably change a lot of opinions. And as far as people disliking him "no matter what", I've said this before... Say there is a group of people that think Dan is a good owner and a group of people who think he's bad. One group has made their decisions based on what has actually occured over the last 15 years. One group feels the way they feel "no matter what". Which one is which.

P.S. Sorry for the format but the quote feature isn't working for me at work.

Does anyone remember 1981? Didn't we go 0-5 and then finish 8-8? To me there is hope................................ HTTR!

I like your optimism but,

Grudes does not equal Gibbs

Allen does not equal Bethard

Snyder does not equal Cooke

And the "81" defense was not as horrid as the defense we have seen of late, we had number 28 on the D.

Bunch of Negative Nancy's on here I swear!  Everybody is acting like we go 1-15 this year.  We've had 4 games so far and in two of those our offense played great and defense played good/solid.  With the potential of our offense we are going to be better than a 1 to 3 win season.  We may not win the division and may not make the playoffs but we are not as bad as everybody here is making us out to be.  We will have some good wins this year and move on to next season headed in the right direction.  7 win season at minimum this year, which would make me happy because I want to see improvement and progress...not a fan who wants to suffer all year to get a top 3 pick and then suck again after we draft that player.

And the "81" defense was not as horrid as the defense we have seen of late, we had number 28 on the D.

Darrell Green was not on the 81 or 82 SB roster. He was drafted before the 83 season, the season we were obliterated by the Raiders. Our starting CBs on the 81 team were Vernon Dean and Jeris White.

Darrell Green was not on the 81 or 82 SB roster. He was drafted before the 83 season, the season we were obliterated by the Raiders. Our starting CBs on the 81 team were Vernon Dean and Jeris White.

Yeah I didn't type that. Not sure how my post ended up there.

Oh well

Archived