Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sky is Falling Thread

MusicCitySkin

The sky isn't falling now....

Right now too many have this feeling RG3 is coming back; which he is. The last few weeks of the season, the sky still won't be falling because "he'll be nursing the injury".

The few weeks after that the sky won't be failing because Gruden, "isn't calling good plays for Robert"

Then we'll start next season and the sky won't be falling because Robert is "still learning" to be a pocket passer".

Then, he'll be hurt (which will either be a "fluke" or someone else's fault, and Colt McCoy or some other journeyman back up will take over early in the year,

Then the sky will be falling. (although I'm sure you'll have some 2012 hold outs saying 2016 is RG3's year!)

We gave up, what, 24 points on turnovers? Considering 5 of them were Cousins' fault, I think a competent QB would have helped.

Thank you for posting this.  There have been many times I've been able to say a Redskins QB didn't help win a game for us.  I can't remember being able to put almost the entire loss on the QB.  Until last night that is.  What an amazingly terrible game.

Even if RG comes back strong, this is terrible environment to develop a young QB.  There are so many holes, that when one gets patched, another opens up.  It's like the front office is playing wack-a-mole.

We're gonna get a high first round pick this year.  I say that if there is no Trent Williams caliber stud available, we just trade back and stock pile picks.  We have so many need areas and we need to get younger as well.

It's only insanity if you're a Redskins fan (and thus, nothing will ever go right for your team). 

2012 Philadelphia Eagles - 4-12

Hires Chip Kelly, rookie NFL head coach

2013 - 10-6, wins division

2005 New Orleans Saints - 3-13

Hires Sean Payton, rookie NFL head coach

2006 - 10-6, wins division, wins divisional playoff game,

To be fair, the 2006 Saints had ALL the momentum returning home after Katrina. Emotion got them to the NFC Championship ala our run to the playoffs after # 21's sad passing. The following two seasons they dropped back to 7-9, 8-8 and no postseason.

The Eagles had only had 1 losing season the previous 7, and only 2 in the 2000's, so there's little to no comparison in what Kelly inherited to what Gruden did.

Hail.

^See he's not even back and there are excuses lol

I'm not sure if that's in response to my last comment, but I don't mean it to be an excuse for RG.  If he's great, good, mediocre, or s**ts the bed in 2015, this team will still be bad long term.  They can't get out of their own way.

To be fair, the 2006 Saints had ALL the momentum returning home after Katrina. Emotion got them to the NFC Championship ala our run to the playoffs after # 21's sad passing. The following two seasons they dropped back to 7-9, 8-8 and no postseason.

The Eagles had only had 1 losing season the previous 7, and only 2 in the 2000's, so there's little to no comparison in what Kelly inherited to what Gruden did.

Hail.

Also, in Chip's case he was joining a first class org with a real good owner. 

But we can make excuses all day, look at Smith in ATL and Harbaugh in Bmore. amazing first years. 

Hell, if Sparano in Miami started off hot. 

Sure Harbaugh had loads of talent in San Fran, but c'mon? Three straight NFC Champ games, he is so damn good. 

I like your optimism, but that Defense was lights out.  Ours is not even CFL caliber.

I hear you, but they went 12-4, at this point I would take 7-9 you know? we don't have go on a tear like that, hell we are probably guaranteed to start off 1-5, but maybe we go 6-4 after that start, I would take that. 

Bottom line is the skins have been failing to build a complete team for years..we got a few all pros here and there ..but front office lacks getting complete talent for the team..majority on here knew what are weaknesses where before the season started. .and they show. .horrific o-line. .horrific secondary. .horrific on special teams..guess what the problems are still there..if a bunch of average Joes on a message board can see our major flaws..then what the hell is wrong with our front office !!@...

the sky is not falling. i strongly believe that this team will be 4-3 after 3 straight wins. if i am wrong, i will admit that i was wrong. i will honestly, 100% come back here after week 7 if i was wrong, and post my apologies. in my opinion this team is just too talented to keep losing. we showed fight last week and gave philly a great game. then lost 4 days later. it was a short week. Hail to the redskins and just burn this game tape and start preparing for Seattle.

We had that bad game that every team has and that is all that happened. Our offense will get back on track but our Defense will still suck because Jim Asslett sucks! 0 pressure in the last 2 games and they gave up over 70 points because of it. 

You can't stop any offense if you don't get in the QB's face and you can't win if your Defense sucks. Every year it's the same damn thing, get the clown out of Washington so this team can start winning.

Any one will be better then Haslett!

Thank you for posting this.  There have been many times I've been able to say a Redskins QB didn't help win a game for us.  I can't remember being able to put almost the entire loss on the QB.  Until last night that is.  What an amazingly terrible game.

Yeah that was bad. I'm going to try to make an excuse for Kirk so here it goes. He started out the game okay. Hell that first drive in the second half was good. Then he realized "oh s*** we have to score on every possession to have a chance because our defense couldn't stop Mount Union right now". Then he started to force the issue instead of just staying calm and taking care of the ball first and foremost. He basically was trying too hard which I think RGIII has done in the past as well. The QBs on our team know they have to play perfect, great, hall of fame caliber football for us to have a chance. Okay what do you think about this excuse for his performance??

If you expected a winning season from a first time pro HC, inheriting a complete mess of a team coming off a 3 win season; then colour me 'ridiculous' for thinking you're that far past ridiculous insanity just said hello.

Hail.

Nice run-on sentence. At least make an attempt to be coherent. An attempt to read what you're actually responding to would also be welcome.

I didn't - and NEVER - "expect" a winning season. I haven't since the early 1990s. But HOPE is not a foreign concept to me, either. This is, after all, a game meant to be ENJOYED above all else, not pored over and diagrammed robotically like some sort of emotionless piece of A.I.

What I definitely did not expect was another epic, humiliating, bed-crapping performance for the ages like we witnessed last night. But maybe I should have. History has provided very few reasons not to.

But to reiterate my point, to cast any "blame" whatsoever at this long-suffering fan base, or to arrogantly posture in some cyber-corner as if to say, "Look at the rabble, complaining earlier than ever this year. How foolish of them. My advanced football analytics prepared me for this exact scenario years ago, so I gaze upon it with emotionless eyes,"  is just ... silly and supremely annoying. It also reeks of tomfoolery and shenanigans.  

I witnessed the best years this franchise has ever had, and my soul still hurts from these last two losses. I can't imagine how the younger ones feel who've ONLY seen this kind of play. They are INDEED justified in expecting to watch a team that does not humiliate them year after year. They do indeed deserve better. There's a difference between a project that still needs much work and one that's simply rotten at its core.

The sky is not falling, my fellow heartbroken.................. it fell.

What we are watching is a team that is very similar to the one we saw last year. What it is that I've grown tired of seemingly is the mediots and team somehow telling me that what I see isn't the truth. Allow me to explain.........

For YEARS I could see that Tyler Poluseless was a world class turnstyle at Right Tackle. But, every time fans would express this we were told that he somehow graded out much better than our eyes told us he was. That he was a better Right Tackle than the fans gave him credit for. Yet game after game we have to watch this human pylon get abused. HE SUCKS!! TYLER POLUSELESS SUCKS!! The fans are right and the mediots/scouts/coaches are WRONG! Enough of this guy. Accountability needs to happen here. I don't care if Morgan Moses is not as good right now in practice. I don't care if he's a project. Time to give the project a chance. How much worse could he really be?

Brian Nosacko is a fraud! a stone cold fraud. I'm tired of being told he's a difference maker by the mediots/scouts/coaches. I can see with me 2 eyes that he's not. He is total failure at applying anything resembling QB pressure against even some of the worst LT in the NFL. I will not be upset in the least when he leaves and gets overpaid (as he is right now) this coming offseason. That money we're wasting on him sure would look much better being spent on one of the safeties that were free agents this past offseason.

Haslett........... we should be able to sue him for malpractice. This goes far and wide but a simple example will illustrate how incompetent he is. So Jordan Mathews (twice) and Jeremy Maclin (once) burn your defense for TD's in the red zone each running the SAME EXACT PATTERN. The seam pass right up the middle basically kills you against The Eagles. To come in the next week and not only not have a solution for this but to get burned THREE MORE TIMES WITH SAME EXACT PATTERN is pure defensive coordinator malpractice. Just putrid. I could write a novella on Haslett's failings but I let that example make my point. IT WAS NOT SHANAHAN WHO HELD HIM BACK!!! HE STINKS!!

So many failings to go around but I think the mediots/scouts/coaches can officially shove it when they tell the fans that we're wrong.

To end on a positive......... I like Gruden's candor and our Punter is great!

Does anyone else think this team just doesn't have the heart that it has had in the recent past?  Even in our bad years with Gibbs, Zorn, and Shanahan guys would keep fighting until the end of the game.  This year guys have their heads down and look like they are ready to pack it in after 1 turnover or if they are down by a few points and things aren't going their way when there is still plenty of time left.  Just seems like over the past 9 years or so our guys would "fight their guts out" until the end but this team looks sad when the going gets tough.  I still have faith in this team but it was just an observation.

When I look at the poor play of our offensive line, it grates my nerves that Chad Rinehart and King Dunlap are starting for the Chargers and they just beat the Seahawks.  Dunlap was constantly compared to a turnstile when he played for Phily and we spent a 3rd rounder on Rinehart.  Are the issues with how we are developing or not developing players?

Part of me will be happy to see Compton get some reps.  Throw Moses in the fire too.  Maybe, just maybe if we get them some live fire they might develop before we give up and let them go.  Now is the time.  If Cousins is going to throw it quick and to the other team, he may not get rocked.  I would not suggest doing this with RGIII back there.

What's with all the hamstring injuries?  Do our players not stretch correctly?  I know I am going off on a tangent here but trying to think of other areas this team needs to address beside the lack of depth.

Does anyone else think this team just doesn't have the heart that it has had in the recent past?  Even in our bad years with Gibbs, Zorn, and Shanahan guys would keep fighting until the end of the game.  This year guys have their heads down and look like they are ready to pack it in after 1 turnover or if they are down by a few points and things aren't going their way when there is still plenty of time left.  Just seems like over the past 9 years or so our guys would "fight their guts out" until the end but this team looks sad when the going gets tough.  I still have faith in this team but it was just an observation.

I felt like I saw that in the second half, even when they were down 17, still in the game, well sort of.  The shots of Cousins sitting on the bench by himself were telling.  Should somebody be over there showing him pics or coaching him up?  Tough if Trent is out for some time because we will have lost our defensive captain and then our offensive captain. 

Archived