Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The RG3 trade really really hurt...

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

4 picks for RG3

3 firsts and a 2nd

That should be 2 quality players after a 50% bust rate

Given RG3 comes back healthy week 11?...we have gotten about 1 years worth of healthy play in 3 years

And that's not counting the other non-bust we have lost for 3 years so far

That's 5 years worth of a #1 draft pick we have lost....and the cost continues to grow

"When it counts". Just look at the box score from last week. Djax, Garcon, Roberts and Paul all dominated. This game was horrible in every possible way. Let's no overreact. Wait till the seasons over to start talking about the future.

just watch.  last week was one start with Kirk.  RG3 makes players around him better. Kirk doesn't.  Teams have the book on him and it was evident today.  Our receivers were jammed on the line and Kirk can't make the throws that he basically needs to stay in the NFL.  

just watch. last week was one start with Kirk. RG3 makes players around him better. Kirk doesn't. Teams have the book on him and it was evident today. Our receivers were jammed on the line and Kirk can't make the throws that he basically needs to stay in the NFL.

He had a bad day. It happens. Seeing if he rebounds from it will determine if he's worth anything going forward.

They made a move for Griffin because you need a franchise QB to be a real contender int eh NFL. Whther he is or not, I'm not even getting into that again.

But if you're going to blame the lack of talent on the trade, let's look at it. The front 7 and skill positions are fine. The problems are on the OLine, Dbs, and special teams.

Special teams doesn't take high draft picks or high priced players. The RG3 trade has nothing to do with the problems there.

On the OLine, we have an elite LT and have two high priced FA in Chester and Lauvao, and a lower priced one in Polumbus. We have spent three 3rds, a 5th, a 6 and a 7th round draft choice in the past several years on the line.

In the D-backfield, we are spending somewhere in the area of 10 mil on Hall, Clark, Meriweather and Porter and have spent a 2nd, two 4s and a 6 in the last couple of years on the spot.

In addition to to all that, we should have cut Bowen and made several mil more in cap space we could spend.

The team has had plenty of resources to spend on these spots. And they have spent them. They just don't spend them well.

Why do you feel the need to pull Robert into this dumpster fire of a Thursday night. Don't involve his name in this morass. He has never been a party to failure of tonight's magnitude from the QB position. i wouldn't be surprised if he called Snyder tonight to let him know he want';s out after this season. This is Kirk's team now and we are a 1-3 dumpster fire.

Getting rid of Danny Smith was the worst move we ever made as a franchise.

But really I don't think we are going to have enough draft picks to fix this team for next year.

Also what has Bruce done how has he been any different that Vinny. Vinny spent money like crazy and sucked. Bruce doesn't do that but he sucks also.

Fire Jim for gods sake

Someone really should start a draft position thread. I like Landon Collins a lot but he isnt #1 worthy. Best case is we get the #1 pick and Jameis and Mariota ball out and we can trade the pick

LOL Danny Smith...Please don't.

Why do you feel the need to pull Robert into this dumpster fire of a Thursday night. Don't involve his name in this morass. He has never been a party to failure of tonight's magnitude from the QB position. i wouldn't be surprised if he called Snyder tonight to let him know he want';s out after this season. This is Kirk's team now and we are a 1-3 dumpster fire.

Some people still don't understand that the OP isn't blaming anything on RG3. He's saying the trade itself was too costly. RG3 was not the one to negotiate the trade or to decide it was going to happen. Nobody is saying tonight's game was RG3's fault. People are just saying the price that was paid for him may be at least part of the reason why the team as a whole is so terrible. 

We have no talent on this football team. 2012 was masked by a top 5 NFL player in RG3.

I know that was a pathetic showing for our team, but I disagree with your first line - we have some good talent. Jackson, Garçon, Morris, Williams, Young, Hatcher, Cofield, Kerrigan, Orakpo (contract aside), K. Robinson, Reed, Roberts, Baker... and that's discounting guys like Paul, Amerson, Grant.

IMO, the problem personnel-wise lays with the outliers - Polumbus, Biggers, our guards, and maybe (probably) a couple others. Unfortunately, those outliers really kill the team (again, personnel-wise). Porous secondary means our pass rush can't get home. Porous oline means running/passing issues and turnovers.

The good news, as you well know, is that we have some developing talent at those positions - (G/RT/S/corner) in Moses, Long, Breeland, and even Davis, Thomas, T. Robinson, LeRibeus and Compton. The bad news is that even if a few of those guys work out, they're seemingly a long way from being solid starters.

Sort of hope more of these get some PT so we (maybe) better know what we need come the offseason.

comments like this are why this board has gone completely to ****.

Dw I mostly stay in the Tailgate away from the people who don't add any football related comments and just "Oh no more comments like this omg"

The players are never in the right spots ever. Thats on the coaches. DBs play inside when they need to be outside and vice versa or

they are in cover 2 when its obvious they need to protect the sidelines

its just bad coaching on defense that or they are putting the players in the wrong spots, which is worse

Oh please.  Not having a GM who builds a team is what hurts.

Exactly. we drafted high round O line men that don't even play WTF?  If you check evry single one of my post It was mainly about "not building the Oline". I hate to say it ,but I told fans that it will only take the failure of Kirk Cousins for people to realize that we need a Oline. It's in my post history. The unfair hatred for Griffin has let this slip passed us. Just think we are game 3 into the 2014 SEASON and we are just REALIZING that we need a better O line? Smh

The Snyder regime has proved time and again, they have not a clue when it comes to talent evaluation...hence, the RG3 trade was meaningless, we would not know what to do with those picks if the trade was never made....Case & point; this past draft was one of the deepest, most talented draft's maybe in history, now, maybe it was, and maybe not, but if all the draft guru's got it right, it was almost impossible to screw this draft up, and yet......we did! Yes we needed to rebuild the line from the center to RG, and RT, potential stud lineman were available, and we ignored them for depth at OLB...we drafted a tall tackle in Moses who was dropping down draft boards because he was highly overrated because of his size, not us though, we just had to trade down and draft T. Polumbus replacement...whoops, I mean potential replacement....someday!

Our O-line has been getting pushed into our backfield for years, even if the QB doesn't get hit, he has players in his face constantly, and it is much harder to see over linemen the closer they get to you, it forces the ball to sail, there is no real security, no trust, just the hope that maybe we will hold off the rush long enough to get to a 2nd read. Now if we had big bad guy's up front knocking defenses backwards, how much better would our running game be, and how much better would that make our passing game?

Yes many of us were scratching our heads after the last draft, let's face it what do we know, we are not professionals, but just perhaps the people in charge who are supposed to know football...actually don't, and just maybe there are some fans out there who do!

There has been 1 common denominator for the last 12 years or so...Daniel Snyder!

I know the guy has a true desire to win, and loves the Skins, but he knows nothing about football, or hiring of people that do! No matter who the coach may be, you can't run an offense without a real good O-line, as Jay G. is finding out! Yes it is 1 bad game, but an all to familiar factor continues to arise, to much pressure on the QB...no matter who's trying to play QB!

Exactly. we drafted high round O line men that don't even play WTF?  If you check evry single one of my post It was mainly about "not building the Oline". I hate to say it ,but I told fans that it will only take the failure of Kirk Cousins for people to realize that we need a Oline. It's in my post history. The unfair hatred for Griffin has let this slip passed us. Just think we are game 3 into the 2014 SEASON and we are just REALIZING that we need a better O line? Smh

Are you talking about Long and Moses?  They were drafted in the middle rounds and needed developing.  If they were ready to start in week 1, they likely would have been drafted much earlier.

As much as I hate to admit it, with hindsight being what it is, I think the Cows have done it right over the last few years taking OL with their early picks (Fredrick, and Martin to be more specific).  They took a lot of crap for it, but it will end up paying dividends in the long run.

That's the one thing that has me the most worried. Neither quarterbacks could workout?

So instead of 3 firsts and a 2nd we can add a wasted 4th as well.

Well at least Cousins looks good when nobody gets close to him. He'd do great as a replacement for Brady as long as they never have to play the Giants in the Super Bowl again.

Actually the McNabb trade set the team back, in addition to the RG3 trade, the Skins gave up 6 picks to find a starting QB. The true problem with the Defense is lack of creativity and not using the talent properly. For the record since installing the 3-4 five years ago the defense has been ranked in the bottom every single year. The QB's can read our Defense pre-snap with ease and pick us apart, do you know Sam Bradford had a career game against us two years ago, the Giant tight end from Grambling has a career day, Josh Mcown last year had career game. The defensive scheme is poor and has been every since Jim Haslett put on the burgundy and gold. We could have Dexter Manly and Charles Mann out there and it wouldn't make one difference with Haslett calling the plays.....

This is not a bash Griffin thread. The trade though is killing the team because you're basically talking about 4 potential starters with those picks. I bash the front office for being stupid and giving up too much to move up a couple spots. But this has been the motto under Snyder. Overpay for everything. We won 3 games last year and didn't have a first round draft pick. Awful.

This is not a bash Griffin thread. The trade though is killing the team because you're basically talking about 4 potential starters with those picks. I bash the front office for being stupid and giving up too much to move up a couple spots. But this has been the motto under Snyder. Overpay for everything. We won 3 games last year and didn't have a first round draft pick. Awful.

The QB flat out sucked and you have said nothing about it all night. It was all sunshine and rainbows a few days ago. Your silence on this is deafening, Alexa. 

Archived