Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The RG3 trade really really hurt...

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Actually the McNabb trade set the team back, in addition to the RG3 trade, the Skins gave up 6 picks to find a starting QB. The true problem with the Defense is lack of creativity and not using the talent properly. For the record since installing the 3-4 five years ago the defense has been ranked in the bottom every single year. The QB's can read our Defense pre-snap with ease and pick us apart, do you know Sam Bradford had a career game against us two years ago, the Giant tight end from Grambling has a career day, Josh Mcown last year had career game. The defensive scheme is poor and has been every since Jim Haslett put on the burgundy and gold. We could have Dexter Manly and Charles Mann out there and it wouldn't make one difference with Haslett calling the plays.....

All good points.

This is not a bash Griffin thread. The trade though is killing the team because you're basically talking about 4 potential starters with those picks. I bash the front office for being stupid and giving up too much to move up a couple spots. But this has been the motto under Snyder. Overpay for everything. We won 3 games last year and didn't have a first round draft pick. Awful.

The trade is not killing the team, was it killing the team before RG3 showed up?  The only consistent issue this team has had over past 5 seasons is Haslett and his scheme....point blank period. There is a reason why Haslett was coaching in the arena league or XFL........

The QB flat out sucked and you have said nothing about it all night. It was all sunshine and rainbows a few days ago. Your silence on this is deafening, Alexa.

He wet the bed. Every QB has had a game like this. Are you going to stick your chest out and call for RG3 to put his cape on, heal up and save the day? Lol.

He wet the bed. Every QB has had a game like this. Are you going to stick your chest out and call for RG3 to put his cape on, heal up and save the day? Lol.

I can't every remember Robert choking like this. He has never wet the bed to the tune of 5 turnovers in a single game. If I didn't know better I'd think Stevie Wonder was out there slinging the ball around for us. One hit and he was clearly shaken. Robert took 14 hits vs the Texans and wasn't this bad. This was a new level of failure.Fourteen QB  hits and Kirk might disappear in a puff of smoke. Rumplekirkskin.

The trade is not killing the team, was it killing the team before RG3 showed up?  The only consistent issue this team has had over past 5 seasons is Haslett and his scheme....point blank period. There is a reason why Haslett was coaching in the arena league or XFL........

How? You have 4 high picks invested in one guy and he's not on the field. When he's on the field last year he was average coming off an injury, and average in his only start this year. It doesn't matter what happened before the trade. We're 3 years in and the future looks pretty dim.

How? You have 4 high picks invested in one guy and he's not on the field. When he's on the field last year he was average coming off an injury, and average in his only start this year. It doesn't matter what happened before the trade. We're 3 years in and the future looks pretty dim.

It certainly looks dim for the turnover machine. If I were Robert I would request a trade. This is Kirk's team now.

I can't every remember Robert choking like this. He has never wet the bed to the tune of 5 turnovers in a single game. If I didn't know better I'd think Stevie Wonder was out there slinging the ball around for us. One hit and he was clearly shaken. Robert took 14 hits vs the Texans and wasn't this bad. This was a new level of failure.Fourteen QB  hits and Kirk might disappear in a puff of smoke. Rumplekirkskin.

Well one of the picks was not pn him, and the fumble was a blondside hit. But the rest of them were bad. He had a real bad game. But this thread is about the trade and it's obvious it was a bad idea mortgaging part of the future because we're short on players.

It certainly looks dim for the turnover machine. If I were Robert I would request a trade. This is Kirk's team now.

Look, it's obvious you want to turn this into a Griffin vs. Kirk thread. Kirk's the 4th rounder. He wasn't drafted to start. Griffin was drafted to start and become a great QB. He's not doing that right now and it's killing this team. Is it too early to give up on him? Of course not. But it's time for him to keep his butt on the field and prove he can stay injury free. Since college that's 3 major injuries to his legs and he's 24? Not good.

The trade when it happened wasnt costly. You make that trade as someone else said 100 times out of 100. You know what was costly though... Leaving that player you mortgaged the future for in a game where for 2 quarters before he blows out his knee everyone could easily see he was crippled and gutting it out at about 20%. That is what was costly and will haunt us for a long time.

Well one of the picks was not pn him, and the fumble was a blondside hit. But the rest of them were bad. He had a real bad game. But this thread is about the trade and it's obvious it was a bad idea mortgaging part of the future because we're short on players.

Look, it's obvious you want to turn this into a Griffin vs. Kirk thread. Kirk's the 4th rounder. He wasn't drafted to start. Griffin was drafted to start and become a great QB. He's not doing that right now and it's killing this team. Is it too early to give up on him? Of course not. But it's time for him to keep his butt on the field and prove he can stay injury free. Since college that's 3 major injuries to his legs and he's 24? Not good.

The better player is current at the QB position right? No excuses.

Career 1-5 in games he has started, 15I NTs  14 TDs, Career 58 percent passer. The better player is at the QB position now, right?

The excitement and buzz his Rookie Year and the fact that we won the Division (first time since 99) was well worth those picks that you think would do us some kind of justice with our current defensive coordinator. Haslett is terrible and until he is removed or by some miracle wakes up and puts together a stout game plan around the STRENGTHS of his players...the team will continue to disappoint. All pro sports is about matchups.....what is the best matchup and how can I expose/exploit my opponents weakness.  

The better player is current at the QB position right? No excuses.

Career 1-5 in games he has started, 15I NTs  14 TDs, Career 58 percent passer. The better player is at the QB position now, right?

Until he can get on the field and stay there, he's useless. RG3 is glass. The better player is an available one. Good night.

Why do you feel the need to pull Robert into this dumpster fire of a Thursday night. Don't involve his name in this morass. He has never been a party to failure of tonight's magnitude from the QB position. i wouldn't be surprised if he called Snyder tonight to let him know he want';s out after this season. This is Kirk's team now and we are a 1-3 dumpster fire.

Time to start McCoy at QB

The excitement and buzz his Rookie Year and the fact that we won the Division (first time since 99) was well worth those picks that you think would do us some kind of justice with our current defensive coordinator. Haslett is terrible and until he is removed or by some miracle wakes up and puts together a stout game plan around the STRENGTHS of his players...the team will continue to disappoint. All pro sports is about matchups.....what is the best matchup and how can I expose/exploit my opponents weakness.

So winning ONE division title is worth it? I completely disagree with that. At one time that was the norm around here. Also during that playoff run while Griffin was hobbling around on a bad leg, Haslett had his BEST stuff. He was blitzing, mixing things up. He looked like a real NFL DC.

I'm not a fan of Haz, but what strengths are you talking about? It's obvious no one can consistently rush the passer on this team and that hurts the pass coverage. Breeland is a rookie and struggled, the safeties are awful in coverage, Riley can't cover a turtle, to me it's a lack of talent and some questionable coaching. You being Greg Williams in here, it's still a bad defense.

Dw I mostly stay in the Tailgate away from the people who don't add any football related comments and just "Oh no more comments like this omg"

The players are never in the right spots ever. Thats on the coaches. DBs play inside when they need to be outside and vice versa or

they are in cover 2 when its obvious they need to protect the sidelines

its just bad coaching on defense that or they are putting the players in the wrong spots, which is worse

This thread sucks. Hey who that in your sig?

Excuses... excuses.

They had 16 million dollars to rebuild the roster this year and every draft pick but one. Injuries are killing this team. Play calling is killing this team and more than anything else... STUPID is killing this team.

Have to excise the stupid.

Correction: they had 30 mil and blew a third of it on an OLB whose main ability thus far has been the disappearing act he pulls every game.

I like Orakpo, but tagging him was yet another short-term "fix" that has neither short nor longterm value.

LOL I was waiting for someone to try to blame this on RG3. This fanbase has hit rock bottom. Now all of the sudden we have no depth because if RG3 which is why we sucked last night but when RG is running for his life and being forced to be perfect to cover the ass of a defense that has not really stopped anyone from putting up career numbers against us, it is clearly because RG3 is such a bust.

Sorry but this is the definition of moronic.

RGIII trade didn't hurt. What hurt is this teams inability to draft players. We can't even hit on players in the second round. I mean look at what we have drafted over the years in the second round. Are any of them actual contributors to the team? 

Its a joke, main reason i hate when we trade back...b/c the further we get away from 1.01 the less chance we have of hitting on a player. I mean our second overall pick last year isn't even good enough to beat out Polumbus? Really? WTF?

Look at the Seahawks they have guys starting this year for them on the line that they drafted much later than when we got Moses. 

The issues with this team started WAY before the RG3 trade. 

I'm not on the side that's burying RG3 right now,....jury is still out on him IMO.  But that trade could turn out to be just another (huge) misstep by an organization that has made almost mastered the misstep at this point.

Archived