Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas dies in car accident

SkinsFanRob

RIP Rob. It's weird that he was cut after he had a pretty good year last year and the past couple years too. His replacement certainly didn't have a good game today. It's not important now, RIP to a great kicker. It's got to be so tough to lose a spouse only months after getting married.

hard to play the what if game but it makes you wonder had he not been cut this past off season would he still be alive? I guess this is where the fate debate comes in. If its your time its your time.

So apparently Rob Bironis tried to run a woman off the road right before he crashed. Text of the 911 call in the link below.

http://deadspin.com/report-rob-bironas-tried-running-someone-off-the-road-1637956350

"He is dangerous, he is drunk or something. He tried to start a fight with us,'' the woman said. "My husband ran down there to see what is going on. I just want to tell the police there is something wrong with him. He is dangerous, he is drunk or he is on drugs. There is something wrong with him. He gave us a mean look. We don't even know him, and he tried to run us off the road."

More from eye witnesses:

"The couple told police they were traveling southbound in the right lane on Franklin Pike between Woodmont and Battery Lane when an SUV in the left lane, driven by Bironas, attempted to merge into their lane."

"They said the driver swerved back, gave them a dirty look and got behind them and was behind them at the intersection on Franklin and Battery,'' Aaron said. "At the stoplight of Franklin and Battery, they said the white SUV was revving its engine behind them."

The couple then turned right on Battery Lane and partially pulled over to let the SUV go by them. According to Aaron, the SUV driver stared at them, and the woman's husband, a passenger in the vehicle, got out of the car.

"Then the white SUV accelerated away at a high rate of speed,'' Aaron said. "They paused a few moments, continued traveling on Battery Lane and came upon the crash."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2014/09/22/rob-bironas-tennessee-titans-911-call/16078295/

Yeah. Roid and road rage converge. Idle speculation, but maybe he started juicing to get himself one last shot in the league.

That sounds plausible.  I just watched the news story.  In short, Bironas and his wife were watching TV with a friend, when he said goodnight, then left the home.  She says he has a beer earlier in the night but wasn't drunk.  There was no mention of those other cars doing anything to provoke Bironas.  No one will ever know what really sparked Bironas to do what he did.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-rob-bironas-dead-20140923-story.html

Here's more, Brionas allegedly threatened to kill another motorist:

The Tennessean has obtained 911 calls and statements from witnesses that suggest that Bironas was involved in some kind of road-rage incident with multiple other cars.

A student named Connor Fraley says he was a passenger in a truck that Bironas nearly hit. Fraley says he and the others in the truck smelled something burning coming from Bironas’s SUV and pulled up next to him to alert him to it, and that Bironas replied with an angry threat.

“His window was down, and we pulled up and I said, ‘Hey man, just a heads up, something’s burning from your exhaust. Your exhaust smells horrible, just wanted to let you know,”’ Fraley told the Tennessean. “He looked over at me and said ‘I’m going to kill everybody in your [expletive] vehicle. It was so random, so bizarre I was like, ‘What?’ And he said the exact same thing again.”

In a separate incident, a woman told a 911 dispatcher that another driver — later identified as Bironas — tried to run the vehicle in which she and her and her husband were traveling off the road. That woman thought Bironas might have been drunk, although police say there is no evidence that alcohol played a role in the crash.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/09/23/students-say-rob-bironas-chased-threatened/16096649/

Archived