Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas dies in car accident

SkinsFanRob

I wonder what the deal was with the exhaust?  Presumably his car is new enough that he's not driving a 1995 Ford SUX.  Did that have something to do with his behavior?  Was he suicidal?  This doesn't even sound like someone who is just a jackass and wants to threaten people who annoy him, it sounds like he's unhinged and out of control.  I'm not going to retract a RIP and we don't know for sure that he actually tried to run people off the road.

I still remember this time a woman was driving like 10 mph slower on this totally deserted but mostly straight road with absolutely zero police enforcement.  In the middle of the two lanes was a continuous middle turn lane.  I used it to go around her.  Then this broad guns it to catch up to me, then lecture me at the stop sign about how much I had frightened her, etc. Even saying she hoped I never had kids since what I did was so terrible (in her deluded mind). One might think that gunning it from behind and not trying to pass someone and then pulling up next to them is far more threatening a behavior.  But I can just imagine this woman hysterically reporting that I tried to kill her simply because I went around her and she took offense to it.  As if a middle lane (with no actual places to turn off to) isn't a legitimate improvised pass lane.

I'm thinking maybe the team knew something was up with this dude. He had one of his best seasons last year. The guy they replaced him with isn't even close to as good a kicker and nobody signed him? He was 86% last year and usually hits 50+ yarders.

I have a feeling we'll be hearing more on this story. It really doesn't sound like a Junior Seau suicide type thing anyway.

I heard that his wife slept with one of their bridesmaid's husbands. She is also a country singer, or an aspiring one.

And you gotta think maybe this guy couldn't cope with no longer being in the show. Not to mention his wife's father is a 4-time SB-winning QB. And I would bet him getting a tryout and not getting the Lions job probably was his last real shot.

I'm not saying he was suicidal or anything. Just that I doubt he was in the right frame of mind. That would probably explain the road rage stuff.

Maybe he was but I think it'll be interesting when we finally hear the rest of this one.

Something has to be going on here. This is just way too nuts to just be a one time event where this dude just lost his mind and decided to go out and terrorize the neighborhood then suicide out on some trees.

I heard that his wife slept with one of their bridesmaid's husbands. She is also a country singer, or an aspiring one.

And you gotta think maybe this guy couldn't cope with no longer being in the show. Not to mention his wife's father is a 4-time SB-winning QB. And I would bet him getting a tryout and not getting the Lions job probably was his last real shot.

I'm not saying he was suicidal or anything. Just that I doubt he was in the right frame of mind. That would probably explain the road rage stuff.

Where did you "hear" that?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/10/03/rob-bironas-tennessee-titans-toxicology-report/16664189/

Rob Bironas had .218 blood alcohol, report says

The toxicology report on late Titans kicker Rob Bironas revealed he had a blood alcohol level of .218%, well over the legal limit (.08), when he died.
 A low level of Diazepam (Valium) was also detected, according to the toxicology report. The medical examiner reported that the level of Diazepam, 9 ng/mL, however, would have had a negligible effect on Bironas' body.

Archived