Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

T ‏@TMM75  14m14 minutes ago

@HTTR24_7 And don't let the people calling the shots on alumni/marketing events influence personnel decisions

I can't believe this is true. I refuse to believe it until I get more sources. I expect Allen to be doing more to legitimize this franchize and front office. If this is not the case, I will do a U turn and just....I just hope this isn't true.

The venom coming from fans is building to an all time froth....

If the @Redskins ruin RGlll and Jay Gruden's careers...I'm done. I've never said those words in 40 years but this organization is poison...

If this is true, we are done as a franchise.

I can't believe this is true. I refuse to believe it until I get more sources. I expect Allen to be doing more to legitimize this franchize and front office. If this is not the case, I will do a U turn and just....I just hope this isn't true.

SMH if this is true.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was......

Of course its true. You can't tell from what's been going on? Our GM is making the decisions on challenges.

Don't know if true or not....but this guy seems always to be credible....   T @TMM75 FOLLOWS YOU

Formerly Programming, Analytics & Biz Strategy @espn Helped launch @espn3& WatchESPN. Now @gannett &@usatodayhss. Tweet mostly about the Redskins

Maybe he's an easy scapegoat, but how does Scott Campbell in the Skins FO last this long? I don't get it

It really was 3rd hand info.  I mean, "a former colleague that knows Jay really well" would normally be highly dubious and dismissed.  I mean, we rip guys that get it directly from the source, rather than a guy that used to know a guy that knows a guy.

My question is, what moves could Gruden be trying to make? The only one I can think of would be firing Haz.

Does anyone really think starting Colt McCoy would make a difference at this point? We're 1-5 and at best going into the bye, we'll probably be 3-6. I don't see another 7-game winning streak in this group.

I don't see any personnel decisions right now for this team that would help. So I wonder what Gruden would be referring to?

Don't know if true or not....but this guy seems always to be credible....   T @TMM75 FOLLOWS YOU

Formerly Programming, Analytics & Biz Strategy @espn Helped launch @espn3& WatchESPN. Now @gannett &@usatodayhss. Tweet mostly about the Redskins

Maybe its a misunderstanding that he heard wrong?

My question is, what moves could Gruden be trying to make? The only one I can think of would be firing Haz.

Does anyone really think starting Colt McCoy would make a difference at this point? We're 1-5 and at best going into the bye, we'll probably be 3-6. I don't see another 7-game winning streak in this group.

I don't see any personnel decisions right now for this team that would help. So I wonder what Gruden would be referring to?

Well this could go a number of ways. Could it be Has (or a lower coach)? Could it be trying to play younger guys and getting overruled? Could it be trying to cut a guy to send a message? Could it be something like scraping the system to something more basic? There are a lot of possibilities.

Hopefully its nothing too drastic, maybe something like wanting to give them a two-a-day and Allen saying "you're not allowed to do that via the CBA"

Maybe its a misunderstanding that he heard wrong?

Well this could go a number of ways. Could it be Has (or a lower coach)? Could it be trying to play younger guys and getting overruled? Could it be trying to cut a guy to send a message? Could it be something like scraping the system to something more basic? There are a lot of possibilities.

Hopefully its nothing too drastic, maybe something like wanting to give them a two-a-day and Allen saying "you're not allowed to do that via the CBA"

I don't think there's any younger guys that could come in and do anything though. This team has no young talent on it right now. Maybe he's thought about benching Orakpo?

This team is just a mess and there aren't really any signs of it getting any better anytime soon. Hell, the Browns are looking decent now. This team is a disaster.

I don't think there's any younger guys that could come in and do anything though. This team has no young talent on it right now. Maybe he's thought about benching Orakpo?

This team is just a mess and there aren't really any signs of it getting any better anytime soon. Hell, the Browns are looking decent now. This team is a disaster.

Well, I'm thinking about

- putting in Long/LeRib and Moses/Compton on the OL,

- starting Robinson at FS/SS

- starting Compton at JLB

- Playing Murphy/Jeffcoat more and Orakpo less

- getting one of the new guys ?Duche? to return kicks/punts

Those are moves that I see being made before the end of the year. We have some talented youth on the roster (at least they had high draft grades) and we should start seeing what they can do on the field. Not saying this is what the argument was about, but I can understand if this led to an argument. Particularly between Haslett and he because all of these except the first and last involve him and Haslett's defense.

Now that I think about it though, I think it could be about the bump and run coverage. He called this out and we're still doing the off coverage. Then he talked in the coaching talk about 10 guys doing their jobs but one guy not doing it right. Teams have us figured out - to beat us all they need to do is switch to a quick passing game and we're giving that to our WRs. Maybe this is a lingering battle between Has and Gruden.

Well if there are no younger guys on this team with talent (and I don't believe thats the case) then the entire scouting department should be fired.  

I actually do think we have young talent - Amerson, Breeland, Grant and Reed (injuries set aside for a second) for example. The problem is not lack of talent generally, its lack of talent - and especially young talent - in specific areas. Notably both lines.

Football is still a game won and lost in the trenches and thats exactly where we lack young talent. Maybe Long and Moses work out on the O'line but right now they cant beat out Polumbus and Chester ... 

Yeah, I would tend to agree, not sure what young guys he could want to start.  I guess maybe he wanted to start Compton over Riley all along. Or maybe he wants to roll with Helu instead of Morris. I dont know, very confusing comment with out more details.

Well, I'm thinking about

- putting in Long/LeRib and Moses/Compton on the OL,

- starting Robinson at FS/SS

- starting Compton at JLB

- Playing Murphy/Jeffcoat more and Orakpo less

- getting one of the new guys ?Duche? to return kicks/punts

Those are moves that I see being made before the end of the year. We have some talented youth on the roster (at least they had high draft grades) and we should start seeing what they can do on the field. Not saying this is what the argument was about, but I can understand if this led to an argument. Particularly between Haslett and he because all of these except the first and last involve him and Haslett's defense.

Now that I think about it though, I think it could be about the bump and run coverage. He called this out and we're still doing the off coverage. Then he talked in the coaching talk about 10 guys doing their jobs but one guy not doing it right. Teams have us figured out - to beat us all they need to do is switch to a quick passing game and we're giving that to our WRs. Maybe this is a lingering battle between Has and Gruden.

Well we saw Moses against Seattle and he doesn't look anywhere near being ready to play for this team. Which is saying something because Polumbus is nothing special.

I really think it may be about coaching changes. Agree on all the Haz stuff. There is no logical reason for bringing him back next season. None at all. What has he shown during his time here that says he deserves another season? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after the mess last season. But he's just not a good DC, plain and simple.

Well if there are no younger guys on this team with talent (and I don't believe thats the case) then the entire scouting department should be fired.  

I actually do think we have young talent - Amerson, Breeland, Grant and Reed (injuries set aside for a second) for example. The problem is not lack of talent generally, its lack of talent - and especially young talent - in specific areas. Notably both lines.

Football is still a game won and lost in the trenches and thats exactly where we lack young talent. Maybe Long and Moses work out on the O'line but right now they cant beat out Polumbus and Chester ... 

We do have some young talent, but those guys are already playing. That's the problem. We need young talent along the OL BADLY, but I don't see it. Moses looked awful against the Seahawks for those few plays and maybe that's because he wasn't prepared for that game. But either way, if we have guys that can't replace Chester and Polumbus through these 6 games, then I don't know what that means for Long and Moses. 

Well we saw Moses against Seattle and he doesn't look anywhere near being ready to play for this team. Which is saying something because Polumbus is nothing special.

I disagree. He played (I think) 6 snaps and had one bad one, where he wasn't beat, he just probably didn't know the snap count and didn't want a penalty. But I thought he held his own on the 5 other plays.

OK, word is we're going after Rashard Ross from preseason. That's good for our special teams and can give us some changes in field position. Its cool that Robers is back there but he's not dynamic enough and I want somebody that scares the opposition. I want them to kick it out of bounds instead of giving it to him.

is this what you are referencing in regards to Ross?

I can't wait to get back to Washington DC !! #Redskins @DeSeanJackson11 what's good Bru!!

hmm. kinda looks like he's saying he's coming back to the redskins. unless the bears are playing us this season at FedEx or unless rashad ross joined the titans, or unless he's just visiting over a BYE Week.

Yeah, they reported it on WJFK, not that he was coming back but trying out.

Rashad Ross also posted an instagram picture of him wearing white on gold redskins uniform and the caption said "dont ask me how or why !! Just know I'm back #HTTR #LETSGETIT #BLESSED #REDSKINS"

soo that could be a pretty clear way of saying he's back with the team. or im reading too much into it.

@HTTR24_7 Former colleague that knows Jay realllly well told me yesterday he "feels moves he wants to make are overruled, frustrated"

Honestly, while this has always been speculated, and if true, which it probably is, it's probably time to find a new team to root for or quit watching football until something miraculous happens like Snyder selling the team.  This team isn't the same team we grew up with.  They are the Redskins in name only.  The true Redskins played at RFK and had men with guts and heart, with great leadership from top to bottom.  

Honestly, while this has always been speculated, and if true, which it probably is, it's probably time to find a new team to root for or quit watching football until something miraculous happens like Snyder selling the team.  This team isn't the same team we grew up with.  They are the Redskins in name only.  The true Redskins played at RFK and had men with guts and heart, with great leadership from top to bottom.

Is it bad to watch like its a high speed chase, where we're waiting for the crash? We try and tell ourselves that all we want is for everybody to get home safely, and even wind up talking to the TV saying things like "watch out for that turn", but we're secretly knowing the crash is inevitable and so we stay glued to see just what causes this crash.

I'm confused. I thought the role of a true GM was to make final calls and at times that would mean overruling a HC, or is everyone now in favor of a GM catering to the every want and desire of the HC, basically giving him full control?

I guess it's easy to point to a HC being overruled as dysfunction when the team isn't doing well, but I was under the impression that a good GM will, at times, overrule the HC. Didn't Casserly and Gibbs used to go to Cooke when they disagreed?

GM-HC relationship is tough, and that's a reason why some go with people they have worked with in some capacity before or have trusted colleagues who have. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3387219  Good article, old one, on GM-HC relationships across the league.

Now if the quote were more specific, and Gruden was having good decisions overruled for very dumb ones, that would be disturbing. I don't doubt the source of that quote, but I doubt the implication that it is an automatic sign of dysfunction when in fact most GMs at times overrule what their HCs want and it causes frustration.

Archived