Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At first blush, I was wrong about...

Burgold

Unfortunately, I am wrong all the time. I wear rose-colored glasses and drink the kool-aid, and totally accept what is stated to us about our team. Yes, our team will be better with the Ol' Ball Coach. Definitely, we can use a change and refreshing that we got to stay medium and we got Jim Zorn. Mike Shannahan, oh yes, he can turn this around!

Like I said, I have been wrong so many times that Weather Reporters are shaking their heads.

Not sure if I'm playing this game correctly, don't care though I just wanted to say this because I'm not seeing anyone else say it:

At first I wasn't so sure Keenan Robinson would be much of a replacement for Fletcher.

But so far he is looking like a badass!

I thought devin Thomas would turn out to be good. I thought colt Brennan might turn out if given a chance.

When we first were hearing rumors of the trade for rg3 I remember thinking he's got too many running highlights so we should stay away. Then 2012 happened and wow did it seem like I was way off base. Now after last year and so far this year I am really hoping to be wrong again.

Not sure if I'm playing this game correctly, don't care though I just wanted to say this because I'm not seeing anyone else say it:

At first I wasn't so sure Keenan Robinson would be much of a replacement for Fletcher.

But so far he is looking like a badass!

Post #29 by me bro.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong yet, but I want to go on record that Akeem Davis will be a top flight safety in this league for the better part of the next decade.

I don't usually have a "man crush" on players and continuously mock people who do, but SS is my favorite positon to watch, he has the tools and the intangibles and we have a gaping hole at SS right now, until BM is back and most don't think he is the solution anyway.

I was wrong about pretty much everything last offseason. I truly believed we had finally arrived as an organization. Franchise QB, young and fast WRs, aggressive D that causes turnovers consistently, beast RB, building through the draft mainly, FO with a great sense of direction, etc... 

Can't believe how quickly and badly it all fell apart. It's still depressing to think about, lol. God willing, a lot of those things remain true and 2013 was just a crazy bump in the road.  

I like this thread, now will someone start the 2015 draft thread already!

I wasn't thrilled with the Amerson pick from last year.

I was totally on board with the Ryan Grant pick

I thought A.Rob was done as a skin, when we signed Roberts and DJax

I wanted them to draft a MLB to play alongside Riley.

I thought Rambo was done, but wanted him to have a second chance.

I'd like to blush about a bunch more :). I never agreed with keeping Haslett. I hope to blush about this move, because if we have a good year defensively it will be the biggest blush of all.

Going back a little, I was SOOOOO!!! Wrong about Malcolm Kelly knees. I thought he would be able to stay healthy after getting his injuries at Oklahoma. I was dead wrong. At least Sam Bradford was able to play some games in the league, how many did Kelly play? 1 or 2? smh...

I just looked. He played in 21 games lol It only felt like 1 or 2 though :(

I'm enjoying this thread, thanks Burgold! Who knows, maybe now we'll see a bit less 'snap' judgements about players... ah, who am I kidding.

I was wrong about the offense and defense last year, thought they'd sort of pick up where they left off in '12. Thought Shanahan could turn this franchise around (I was wrong, though I think he did a lot of good for the roster in general).

Going back a little, I was SOOOOO!!! Wrong about Malcolm Kelly knees. I thought he would be able to stay healthy after getting his injuries at Oklahoma. I was dead wrong. At least Sam Bradford was able to play some games in the league, how many did Kelly play? 1 or 2? smh...

I just looked. He played in 21 games lol It only felt like 1 or 2 though :(

I understand the context of this thread, and that it is tempting to bring up Players who Should Never Be Mentioned from the Draft That Should Never be Mentioned.  But as a public service, I ask everybody to refrain.  Just brings back too many bad memories.

EDIT: I posted a while ago about a lot of things I was wrong about from history.  I think one more modern one:

I was convinced Ribs would not be able to redeem himself after last year, and would be a sure-fire cut.  I still don't think he's a world beater, and I think he lost his chance at starting for the 'Skins when they drafted Long, but he's hung around longer than I expected.

I was very hard on the kid because coming into last year he had a fantastic opportunity to steal the RG job from Chester, and ate himself out of the opportunity.  And that made me mad because Chester ... is not very good.  

But I'll give him a kudos for at least making it this far.  

I thought Landry would take over in ST's place and make multiple Pro Bowls as our new FS. Played pretty well in '08 IIRC. Then '09 happened.

I thought Al Morris was just a guy back in the 2012 offseason.

Lol, you can probably find posts from me where I was talking about him being a fullback and kicking out DY lol

Then that Bears game happened.

In 2011 I thought Grossman might've finally mitigated his "bad Rex" side to the point where he could be a long-term starter.

I noted that our 2010 D did well in terms of points allowed during the stretch where Landry was healthy (our ppg allowed was good in the early part of the year despite giving up a lot of yards), and that he was the answer for us. Whoops.

Other things have already been mentioned.

I will stay recent:

Our coach. Honestly didn't think much of him and I thought he had this chance because of his last name. Now we seem so together as a team, haven't really seen that since Joe Gibbs 1.

Alfred Morris: Its not that he has had two great first seasons, is what he is also. A hard working kid humble kid. It is refreshing to have someone so grounded and good, here is hoping for a great 3rd season to put the final nail on the coffin of "well he did well because of Shannies system".

This year's draft: it has the potential to be truly incredible, considering we didn't have a number one pick.

I love the way we got DJ and I love it that we finally are learning to mind our cap space and don't overspend on big names that don't produce. We seem to try and develop now players we drafted.

And to go back a little, I am actually glad we spend a lonely 4th on Cousins. Was upset about the decision at the time but I feel at the very least we have a solution if God forbid something happens to RGIII. Considering how cheap he is on our cap and considering that he seems to have thrived in under Gruden its a plus plus for our team.

The season hasn't started yet! We all know the 'Skins are preseason warriors who wilt when the games count.

Expect quality NFL defenses to blow up our O line preventing Skins offense from reaching its potential.

"I might have been wrong" about some of our defensive woes but it's too early for any conclusions.

You know u "might have been wrong" if u suggested the Skins should accept a 4th round pick for Cousins.

Archived