Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NewsNerd.com: Allen Iverson Seen Begging for Change Outside Atlanta’s Lenox Mall

Big Weirdo

Just messin', lol. I cannot deny that I was looking at my watch, counting down the minutes before you would respond to that, though.

And standup is sooooo totally not my thing. I 'd prefer to keep my humorous side as a hobby.  :D

He going to sit you on his shoulders while  on the sidelines of Hornets games this year?

Hell no, I want box seats with catered food.

JMS, easy. Constantly led the league in turnovers and was a horrible shooter.

Iverson's career Turnovers were 3.6 TO per game... Magic Johnson's career TO per game were 3.9..

John wall for example has a carreer average 3.6 TO per game too. 3.3 Last year, his best year.. Jordan had a career 2.7 TO per game and wasn't even a point guard. Iverson's turn overs were not the defining factor of this NBA MVP's career. To propose they were out of the ordinary for a point guard who handled the ball so much, played so many minutes, on mostly bad teams is absurd.

As for his "horrible shooter"... you are just insane... He lead the league 4 times in scoring and was in the top 5 for pretty much all of his career... you can't be the 22 all time scoring leader in league history with "Horralbe shooting" skills. Granted, he wasn't a pure shooter.. so what.. there aren't all that many pure shooters in the NBA who have ever played point guard.He wasn't Trevor Ariza, or Dirk Nowitzki. Jordan wasn't a pure shooter either.. didn't even have a reliable mid range jump shot until late in his career, didn't need one.. and he was winning scoring titles too..

And he took a team to the Finals in a VERY weak East. Big deal. He lost.

He was drafted by the worst team in the league #1 overall. and he took them to the NBA finals... Nuff said. Here in washington how many #1 overalls have run through our franchise who never reached the NBA finals as the man... Was Alan Iverson the GoAT? No.. Was he the most over rated. absolutely not. He was a great player, who dominated in the NBA for a time, who was trademarked by hard play and over achieving.. He had a great career.

Nope. Newnerd,The Onion,Empire,ect.  Some pretty well known satirical news sites. I've turned the corner on the titles sourced to sites like those. Let it stand and folks can find out for themselves. Cheap entertainment too. ;) 

The Onion is actually funny. The article about Joe Flacco's contract was awesome. The rest are wannabes.

The rest make Andy Borowitz look like The Onion in comparison, and that guy is terrible.

Oh and good lord the Iverson bashing is so tired and I'm so not surprised at the ones who are leading that charge.

Don't mean to interrupt your hero worship but Iverson refused to play in games in Philly and Memphis because he didn’t get the start.  How is this not selfish?  How does this make you a good teammate? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h00oBDCODs

Hold up...you mean in 2004, when he was averaging 30ppg, he should ACCEPT coming off the bench?  Who in the NBA would be cool with that?  LOLOLOLOL.  You do understand why he was pissed, right?  Probably not...but carry on. 

If you're going to post a clip, PLEASE give context.

Told he wasn't starting, Iverson refuses to play

Now, I will say this regarding Memphis.  Everyone (except Iverson) could see the writing on the wall towards the end of his career.  I strongly feel as though he could still be earning a NBA paycheck if he would have accepted being a 6th/7th man off the bench as he reached his mid-to-late 30's. 

That is a Dallas Mavericks cheerleader. I hear great things about Texas women.

As a white blonde male who grew up surrounded by white blonde sisters and cousins, I gotta say the classic Texas blonde cheerleader type and any regional variant does nothing for me. Especially with those bolt-ons. I did date a Peruvian girl who grew up in Texas for a little while though, and yes she was great.

1.  Allen Iverson is a HOFer.

2.  He could have absolutely worked on his game and gotten better.  Even at his peak, he was known for not being able to finish with his left.

3.  Iverson played SG for most of his career.   During the peak run of the Sixers Eric Snow was the PG.

4.  Talking about TO in isolation is meaningless, and Iverson as a TO machine as compared to great ball handlers.  You need to look at something like assists/TO ratios.

Magic had an assists/TO ratio of 2.89, while Iverson's was 1.72.  Jordan is at 2.02

As a white blonde male who grew up surrounded by white blonde sisters and cousins, I gotta say the classic Texas blonde cheerleader type and any regional variant does nothing for me. Especially with those bolt-ons. I did date a Peruvian girl who grew up in Texas for a little while though, and yes she was great.

I got tired of that too.

I married a Peruvian.

Considering Iverson never wanted to be a basketball player and wanted to be a run first NFL QB, he had a great career. He never had a team around him. He also constantly called out the NBA players for being pussies and not tough. He fought through so many injuries in his career, that would have benched most BBall players.

*yawn*

I swear the man's career is SO disrespected.  SMH. 

I was living in Vegas during that Finals. The Lakers crushed everyone in the post season. Nobody even got close. Even the Spurs laid down. Everyone in Vegas is a huge Lakers fan and I knew AI was never going out like that. Dude was tough as nails. I bet everyone I could find that the Sixers were winning that first game, but I wouldn't bet again. I made bank.

I keep waiting for the highlight reel where he passes the ball.  Once. 

To who?

Oh, and for the record, Iverson was a great player who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, yet is also overrated by many people.   Just like Pete Maravich, Dominique WIlkins and many others have been.

I don't think HoF and over-rated can be applied to the same individual. You could say he sucked and doesn't belong in the HoF. You can say he sucked, will get into the HoF on hype, but doesn't belong there. But how do you say he deserves to be in the HoF and was oveer rated?

I mean HoF means you were a great player, who had a great career, and belong in the elite of those who have ever played the game..

Or is your criteria if you weren't in serious contention for being the Greatest of All time, nobody can respect your accomplishments and you essentially were over rated?

I think Iversoon played for a time on par with the greatest of all time. Especially on offense. I think the only reason we can't seriously consider him in that company is longevity, and he never won a championship. He still overcame a lot in his career, had a great run, as you say had HoF accomplishiments. Not an over rated, under achiever or slacker in anyway.

Archived