Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict the Redskins' WR and RB Corps in 2014/2015

RawBBQSauce

Predict the Redskins' WR and RB Corps in 2014/2015  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Which WRs Will Make the Final 53?

2. 2. Which RBs Will Make the Final 53?

Except he is a body catcher, and doesn't run good routes. That, along with with his height, lack of ST ability make him a liability when he is not simply running a 9 route..

I think Grant pushes him out at 5-6

Your analysis is outdated and wrong and reminds me of all of the people who say that he drops to many passes. The truth about all of this is that last year he went from a drop percentage of 6.9% to a 4.3% rate where as Moss was one of the worst in the league with his 8.9% with his drops. Anyway I know that I'm not able to convince many of you to review your thinking on LH but most of the "status quo" thinking around here about LH is not right

I agree with you Hank fan. It's surprising to me that most people on the board have written him off. Just look at the votes at the top. Just because we've heard some positive tweets from the beat writers and a positive endorsement from the first-year head coach about a 5th round draft pick.

Hank has one less vote than Cody Hoffman for crying out loud. Cody Hoffman will not make this roster. Take your Anthony Mix/Marko Mitchell goggles off people.

RBs 

Heavy Duty:  #1 - Morris, #2 Royster

Change of Pace:  Helu or Seastrunk

Can't see both Helu and Seastrunk unless we keep 4 RBs and 1 FB.  Both are feast of famine runners (check their yds/carry distribution) ... Helu is too frequently few or negative yards and doesn't have the "all the way" potential of Seastrunk.  Oddly the "popular" conversation tends to be Helu or Royster.  Big mistake.  Royster has a much better likelihood of a 2yd or better gain per carry and his pass protection is at least as good as Helu's, and when given the starter's nod he's delivered the highest yds/carry average on the team (granted only a few samples).  Royster also has a respectable resume as a pass catcher at PSU.  None of these guys should be playing FB.

WRs

Garcon, Jackson and Roberts are gimmies.  I love Moss but I have to admit he has had his hands on too many incompletes the past 2 seasons ... so I could see him being released.  Hankerson hasn't impressed me since college except for 2 games before he hurt his hip ... don't know if he can unwrite his NFL resume enough in 1 preseason.  Leaves the door open for Hoffman at #4.  After that I think #5 will go to the best special teams player who can demonstrate the ability to run the best routes, get seperation and catch anything in a large radius.  That may be Grant (I haven't seen him play yet).  With Jackson and Roberts I don't think there will be a premium on speed vs reliably open/good hands which probably means Robinson is a very long shot unless he becomes a ST star or our return guy.

Your analysis is outdated and wrong and reminds me of all of the people who say that he drops to many passes. The truth about all of this is that last year he went from a drop percentage of 6.9% to a 4.3% rate where as Moss was one of the worst in the league with his 8.9% with his drops. Anyway I know that I'm not able to convince many of you to review your thinking on LH but most of the "status quo" thinking around here about LH is not right

In your daily rush to defend the honor of everything Leonard Hankerson (you're honestly barking up the wrong tree, because I love Hank to death, being a Canes fan, and hope that he sticks around.... But he probably won't) and save the world, you clearly did not read all of what I posted, nor what I was responding to, because what I posted does not describe Leonard Hankerson, the way I worded it does not make it sound like I was responding to the Hankerson blurb, and the last line of the post I quoted was talking about Aldrick Robinson.

I went with Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Moss, Grant, Hoffman. I really just don't see a spot on the roster for Hankerson. He hasn't done enough to make anyone say "Wow we just gotta have him on the roster." Let the 2 rooks make it and play special teams. Only way i see Hankerson on the roster is if he gets PuP and one of the rookies just doesn't look good during the first part of the season or someone gets hurt. Moss just brings more to the table with Vet Leadership, His work ethic and if we are in a tight spot he can return punts.

Except he wasn't talking about LH, he is talking about Robinson lol. Speaking of Robinson, I don't see what Robinson brings to the table that we don't already have. I think if he makes it, Moss wont and honestly I'd rather have Moss. I like Moss a lot in that 4th WR spot. He will have garbage covering him and will be able to make plays.

I have Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Moss, Grant.  I don't trust Hankerson's health to allow him to showcase himself properly and Robinson and Williams are as good as cut already, IMO.  I think the X-factor at WR on the 53 will be Hoffman.  If he can be that big body we've been looking for, Moss or Grant could be in trouble.  

At RB, I have Morris, Helu, Seastrunk, Thompson.  Pretty straightforward, Royster and Redd are probably out.  

I went with what I felt were mostly safe picks:

- Garcon

- DJax (only 2 years tho)

- Roberts

- Grant

- Cody Hoffman (signed a multi-year, above the min. deal right out of the gate, but he's still cheap, so likely kept)

Hankerson, I think he's got issues beyond his rookie deal.  He makes it this year, but he's got to get to that next level to be here beyond 2014.  Same with Robinson.  Williams is a long shot to stick, and Moss, if he makes it this year, will almost certainly retire next year.

Then for RBs:

- Morris

- Seastrunk

Helu has problems for many of the same reasons as Hank.  He needs to become THE 3rd down receiving back for this team, or he's gone.  Seastrunk was a mid-round (if not earlier) talent who could be had in the 6th.  RBs are undervalued, and in later years we could spend a 4th and get a great RB.  He needs to be better than Seastrunk and moreover good in his own right.  Same thing with Thompson.

Royster, with his rookie deal done after this year, I can't see past 2014, and Redd would have to be the 2nd coming of Arian Foster to make the roster in either year.

For WR, I chose Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Hoffman, Grant, and, if a 6th WR is retained, Moss.

I just don't see Robinson or Hankerson making the team. We picked up at least two receivers in FA (Jackson and Roberts; we also got someone named Gettis, but cut him as soon as we signed Hoffman), one in the draft (Grant), and one as a UDFA (Hoffman), which basically means to me that we weren't too happy with last year's group, understanding, of course, that some people arw just training camp bodies.

In other roster moves today, the team signed free agent WR Rashad Ross and waived WR Kofi Hughes.

There goes my sleeper pick hughes!

Ross may be fodder, but he's fodder with speed.  One of the 10 fastest receivers in last years draft.  Ran a 4.36 at his Pro Day.  HTTR

Im going with Garcon,Jackson,roberts,grant,hoffman,hughes...

My rb's will be Morris,helu,seastrunk and Thompson

Since my sleeper hughes was cut, im going with his replacement rashad ross to get in over Robinson, hank and moss...

I would love to be able to keep Hoffman, Grant, Moss, & Williams...but that is probably impossible. I think AR15 is a long shot & it depends on if he learned how to catch with his hands vs his chest, & if he has significantly improved his route running.

I really like Nick Williams, & his potential. Alas...If we are going to keep guys based on potential. ..I'd wager that Hank/Grant/& Hoffman are higher up the totem pole than Moss/Williams/AR15..

We have more talent at WR then we've had for awhile.

I bet whomever we cut is gonna be a Brown.

Probably Moss. I don't think he makes the roster unless he catches absolutely everything and tears it up in camp/preseason. If he does, then I think the last spot is between him  and Robinson.

If Hank isn't healthy enough t participate I think they'l IR/pup him so he doesn't count against the roster. I think Hoffman gets ps'd unless he balls out.

Probably Moss. I don't think he makes the roster unless he catches absolutely everything and tears it up in camp/preseason. If he does, then I think the last spot is between him and Robinson.

If Hank isn't healthy enough t participate I think they'l IR/pup him so he doesn't count against the roster. I think Hoffman gets ps'd unless he balls out.

The wild card for me regarding Moss is his veteran leadership, & ability (if it's valid) to mentor/help DJax get acclimated with the guys. Kind of be there to help him be involved socially with the team, & be inclusive with his teammates rather than allow him to remain socially aloof.

Wild card for Moss is can they make him their primary punt returner, and this keep him active on game days even if he's burried as the 5th WR.

And would he agree to do that.

The real battle is going to be for that #4 spot. And I'm betting that guy is going to have to contribute on teams.

Wild card for Moss is can they make him their primary punt returner, and this keep him active on game days even if he's burried as the 5th WR.

And would he agree to do that.

The real battle is going to be for that #4 spot. And I'm betting that guy is going to have to contribute on teams.

Moss has been great and a true leader.  But IMO, the won't keep him just to be the primary punt returner.

Name the last full time 35 year old punt returner in the NFL?

Moss has been great and a true leader.  But IMO, the won't keep him just to be the primary punt returner.

Name the last full time 35 year old punt returner in the NFL?

I don't know what we will do, but here's what I think:

I HOPE Moss does not win the #4 WR job. I really would like Robinson/Hank, or one of the young guys to step up and win that #4 job behind Garcon, D. Jackson and Roberts.

So, with that said, the #5 WR HAS to contribute on Teams.  If Moss is not going to contribute on teams, then he can't be active on gameday, even if he makes the roster.

So, the questions are, is Moss still explosive and elusive enough to be a punt returner, and would be he be willing to do it?  If the answer is no, then it's hard to imagine him being on the team, unless it really is just as a security blanket. 

While I really respect what Moss has done here over the years, and he's been a Pro's pro, and been responsible for probably 2 of the 3 biggest highlight -real plays of this century (the 2 bombs against Dallas are his, and the RGIII run against the Vikings in 2012 is my other), I think it would be best for everybody if the 'Skins could find a way not to keep him.  That means that there are younger, better, faster, more explosive guys, and they don't have to retain him.  

His name should go up in the ring of fame 2 days after his release though. 

Archived