Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict the Redskins' WR and RB Corps in 2014/2015

RawBBQSauce

Predict the Redskins' WR and RB Corps in 2014/2015  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Which WRs Will Make the Final 53?

2. 2. Which RBs Will Make the Final 53?

To be honest, if we're looking at it from the perspective of overall best five receivers including only skills: hands, clutch, routes, football IQ, playmaking ability, I'd keep these guys:

Pierre Garcon

Desean Jackson

Andre Roberts

Santana Moss

Leonard Hankerson

But since age and health factor into these decisions as well, I'd say it'll be more like this:

Garcon

Jackson

Roberts

Grant

Hoffman

Hankerson (could also be cut and Santana kept if Gruden feels Hankerson won't progress. I feel Moss is the better receiver of the two when factoring in everything... Even at his age. But I don't think Hank is bad. I like him a lot. His health makes me nervous for his chances, given such a deep position)

IMHO opinion, it's time for some new blood.  With all due respect to the three of them, I don't want to see Hankerson, Robinson, or Moss make the team.  I've seen what they can do, and all three are limited whether it be untimely drops (mostly Moss), injury (Hankerson), or inability to run routes (Robinson).  All three are (or have become in Moss' case) marginal NFL-caliber WRs.  My sincere apologies to those who love them and want to see them make the team.

I think health and contribution on ST is really going to shape the battle for WR's 4,5 and possibly 6.

Apparently Grant was selected partially because he's good on teams. Robinson apparently is trying to contribute on teams as both a returner and a gunner. Looks like he got the message he's got to do that to make the team.

Hank has availability issues and Moss doesn't contribute on teams. Unless he wants to be a punt returner.

If Robinson can be a contributor on teams, I think he's a lock for the the #4 job initially.

Grant probably makes it on teams.

If they carry 6, Moss and Hank are fighting for a spot unless Hank goes on pup to start the season.

I think we only keep 5 WR (Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Grant, Hoffman) with Hankerson on PUP.

We keep Morris, Helu, Lache and Thompson at RB. That's one more than normal, but we're not keeping a 6th WR. 

I really think (hope) Thompson is going to be too dynamic for Gruden to cut, and I think he'll get opportunities on ST even if he doesn't get a ton at RB.

• 2 months later...

WRs
Garçon
Jackson
Roberts
Grant
Moss

Robinson
IR/PUP: Hankerson

RB:
Morris
Helu
Seastrunk
Redd

I made my choices based on who I would NOT want to see lined up against us.  ER and CT don't scare me as much as Redd and Seastrunk do.

Moss is a tough call, but I think they would have let him go get on a team sooner if he wasn't staying out of respect for his service, so I think he stays.

Except he is a body catcher, and doesn't run good routes. That, along with with his height, lack of ST ability make him a liability when he is not simply running a 9 route..

I think Grant pushes him out at 5-6

I think Aldrick gets the Most Improved Redskin award of the spring/summer. Guy has been ballin'. He finally realized he had hands and not silver hooks.

Route running has improved as well. I think he and Grant are the 4-5. Moss is in too if we keep 6

I think Aldrick gets the Most Improved Redskin award of the spring/summer. Guy has been ballin'. He finally realized he had hands and not silver hooks.

Route running has improved as well. I think he and Grant are the 4-5. Moss is in too if we keep 6

he really Taylor Jacobed the **** out of training camp.

RB is gonna be a tough call.

I can't see keeping 5 backs.

Lead Runner-Morris

Full Back-D. Young

3rd down back-Helu

Change of Pace back-Seastrunk

Back-up Lead Runner-Silas Redd Practice Squad

Evan Royster a phone call away.

I think they'll keep one more. Probably Royster, though I'd prefer Redd. But I think they could get Redd to the PS, and he'd be there if the needed him.

Archived