Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I wish we had gotten that guy!" thread - 2014 Recap at end of thread.

Voice_of_Reason

I'm not high on Lache Seastrunk, he has bad vision. If you watch his film he runs kind of soft and he's always trying to bounce it to the sideline (Which won't work in the NFL) instead of just running north and taking the 1-2 yard gain. 

I wish we would have got Ka'Deem Carey over Lache Seastrunk.

Ka'Deem runs physical despite his smaller stature and never tries to run to the sideline like Lache Seastrunk. 

I'm not high on Lache Seastrunk, he has bad vision. If you watch his film he runs kind of soft and he's always trying to bounce it to the sideline (Which won't work in the NFL) instead of just running north and taking the 1-2 yard gain. 

I'm not low on seastrunk but I think talk of him taking helu's spot is extremely premature.

And I wanted the massive guard that Houston took at 33.

Jimmie Ward or Bradley Roby - Both went right before the Redskins original pick 34, before they traded.

Jeff Janis - One of the more underrated guys in the draft. He played DII, but I know he can play at the NFL level. Would have been great on Special Teams too.

Any one of the top four safeties in the draft, of course they made the right choice in not trading up for one of them. Terrance Brooks would have been nice, but I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on Moses or Long.

I'm not low on seastrunk but I think talk of him taking helu's spot is extremely premature.

And I wanted the massive guard that Houston took at 33.

I agree, people are salivating over Seastrunk because of his speed and he was a top recruit in highschool. His running style just doesn't translate to the NFL in my opinion. He needs to run with more physicality and stop trying to bounce it to the outside on every run. lol

I agree, people are salivating over Seastrunk because of his speed and he was a top recruit in highschool. His running style just doesn't translate to the NFL in my opinion. He needs to run with more physicality and stop trying to bounce it to the outside on every run. lol

I think they are gonna use him more in the passing game.

I fell hard for Desir, Bucannon, & Bitonio.

I think all 3 will be studs. ..AZ is especially stoked with Bucannon on that defense. There were others, but these were the guys I really believed we had a legitimate shot to grab before the Draft who I absolutely man-crushed.

In FA...I really wanted Byrd, or Verrener then was okay after they signed those exorbitant contracts. Then when we didn't Draft a S, took a DB late, & picked a luxury OLB who is the heir apparent to Orakpo, who we F tenured for what Byrd, or Verrener would have cost. So yeah...I am still a little raw from all that.

Still...I cannot say enough that I'm slightly better than ok with our offseason haul. I just hope this theory sorts itself out much quicker than Strings or M's.

Also was really vocal in going after DJax, so I was happy with that get.

My draft:

If we selected at 34: Marqise Lee (its too hard to pretend I don't know what happens) Jordan Matthews

Selecting from 47: Timmy Jernigan

66: Morgan Moses (armed with full knowledge Dez Southward or Christian Kirksey)

79: Terrence Brooks (Gabe Jackson if Dez Southward was selected above)

102: Martavis Bryant

142: Avery Williamson

186: Lache Seastrunk

217: Seantrel Henderson/ Yamin Smallwood

Draft wants:

LB Ryan Shazier - not realistic with how his stock rose over the last month.

S Deone Buccanon - taken earlier than I thought

WR Jordan Matthews - probably not an option after adding DJack

G - Gabe Jackson - I guess they know something we don't?

WR Michael Campanaro - I think this guy is a huge sleeper, better than Grant

Nix in the 3rd.  John Urschel in the 5th...I know we already drafted Spencer Long, and Penn State bias aside, I think it would have been neat to have a player on the team who has been published for writing papers on things like celestial mechanics.  He would have made everyone smarter if nothing else.

Finally, Michael Sam in the 7th.  Maybe more from an ownership standpoint, but for all the jersey sales and revenue he'd bring in, not to mention being a potential special teams contributor...I'd have taken that in a heartbeat over a 3rd string TE and a kicker.

I thought about Sam, and then I thought about  the fact that the media would never let the "how can someone like you who suffered social persecution b/c of who you were...yada yada play for a team with a racist identity?"   No thanks to that conversation for a special teams player.

I have seen this about Micheal Campanaro before how people think he is going to be a stud, but I went back and watched some games and there is one major knock I have against him and that is well he does not catch the ball well. Numerous times I saw him catch with his body and some times saw the ball flat up bounce off his hands.. especially troubling when you see it on screen passes.

You add into that his height, playing size and injury history then not that impressed.

I think he gets a lot of love because Ozzie Newsome drafted him and Newsome can do no wrong ... fact of the matter is Newsome stumbled on Campenaro by accident as they went to scout another WR who was unavailable and Campanaro was the guy there at the time.

Skov I was disapointed with, but I am guessing since we took Murphy in the 2nd we did some advanced scouting on him and his team mates and I have heard he has knee issues but I also think that is something we hear a lot.  

I liked the draft ... free agency I was - unaccustomed too. We had a price for everyone and did not go beyond that and did not get locked on to specific players. Overall the approach did seem a little laboured but turned out to be very effective but you wonder how much that was by luck rather than judgement. (in the case of DeSeasn)

There are guys I am glad we didn't get - Spenser being one and Penn being the other

Had a "man crush" on three players:

CB-Kyle Fuller

S-Jimmie Ward

CB/S-Lamarcus Joyner

Was very interested in (but not in love):

LB-Shazier

S-DBuc

Later round guys I liked:

WR-Devin Street

WR-Cody Hoffman

CB/S-Bennett Jackson

Developmental QBs (If Cousins was traded):

QB-Aaron Murray

QB-Tajh Boyd

QB-Connor Shaw

I see Seastrunk as a replacement/competition for Thompson, with the loser of the battle going to the PS. If another team tries to sign whoever we put on the PS, it's decision time. Activate and remove someone else from the 53 or allow them to go.

Skov hands down.  I really thought they were going to grab him with one of their 7th rounders.  I was crestfallen!

I must be missing something but I don't know why people were impressed with Shayne Skov, he is  slow and just okay. He was overrated by some fans IMO.

I know we signed Cody Hoffman as a UDFA, but why not draft him instead of drafting TE Ted Bolser or Zach Hocker in the 7th round?

I see Seastrunk as a replacement/competition for Thompson, with the loser of the battle going to the PS. If another team tries to sign whoever we put on the PS, it's decision time. Activate and remove someone else from the 53 or allow them to go.

At least right now.  Helu is still important because the other two guys are not full time backs and Helu has at least proven he can carry the load.  Guys like Seastrunk and Thompson are change-of-pace/3rd down backs.  Personally, I'm a bit higher on Seastrunk because he looks like he'll be the more durable of the two.

I have seen this about Micheal Campanaro before how people think he is going to be a stud, but I went back and watched some games and there is one major knock I have against him and that is well he does not catch the ball well. Numerous times I saw him catch with his body and some times saw the ball flat up bounce off his hands.. especially troubling when you see it on screen passes.

You add into that his height, playing size and injury history then not that impressed.

I think he gets a lot of love because Ozzie Newsome drafted him and Newsome can do no wrong ... fact of the matter is Newsome stumbled on Campenaro by accident as they went to scout another WR who was unavailable and Campanaro was the guy there at the time.

Skov I was disapointed with, but I am guessing since we took Murphy in the 2nd we did some advanced scouting on him and his team mates and I have heard he has knee issues but I also think that is something we hear a lot.  

I liked the draft ... free agency I was - unaccustomed too. We had a price for everyone and did not go beyond that and did not get locked on to specific players. Overall the approach did seem a little laboured but turned out to be very effective but you wonder how much that was by luck rather than judgement. (in the case of DeSeasn)

There are guys I am glad we didn't get - Spenser being one and Penn being the other

Speaking purely for myself I liked Campanaro before the draft, and having a guy like Newsome then sort of validate that interest doesn't hurt.  For his size - he had 20 bench reps at the combine and ran 4.4 that's an A physically for a speed WR.  His injury history is a concern but none of them were the types of injuries that limit his explosion (he avoid muscle tears).

The guy is basically Wes Welker, if Welker were a little more jacked. He may not catch on in a low volume Baltimore offense, but as a late round pick he surely seems to have worlds of potential over most guys taken there - especially our own choice.

Archived