Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Dis-liked Current or Former Non Redskin Player

I disagree with the Joe Buck/Troy Aikman (as a broadcaster) hate. 

Every single fan of the NFL thinks that these guys hate their favorite team. But they are the best. Compare these guys to other announcers, and they are so much more professional and overall better. 

How often have we heard "Brian OraPKO needs to get after the QB for the Redskins today" ? or "Reed Doughty" mispronounced? Or just statements that are flat out wrong. 

Very rare to hear mistakes from Fox's A team. They are the best. 

Troy Aikmen, his commentating on Redskins games pisses me off to no end.

I hate Steve Young on the MNF panel.

Also

Ben Rapelesberger

Ray Lewis (Same MNF panel)

Hellody Nagda

Bernard Pollard

Cortyard Finnesomething, plus the entire Rams D

Jason Witten

It's a tough choice, but if I had to narrow it down to one player, it would have to be Deion Sanders.. He was a great playmaker, but a "poor winner" imo.. i'm not big on trash talk and I couldn't stand the way he would gloat after successful plays.. and then the way he came to the Skinz and stunk it up.. then "retired" only to come back and play for Baltimore a few years later. 

Michael Irvin comes to mind. Pisses me off still that he got away with stabbing a teammate and that didnt hurt him in the eyes of the public. It also pisses me off that he was the reason Art Monk didnt get into the Hall as soon as he was eligible. Irvin was a coke head and bad role model. While he was a great player was never as good as advertised to me. He just had really really good handlers.

Years ago, my wife [ ex wife now ] told me of a time when her and some friends were at a bar somewhere and Tony Dorsett, 2 Tall Jones  and a couple other players were there. Tony had ordered a drink, and when the waitress brought the drinks to the table, she had also brought a few glasses of water. Tony, the bonehead he is, grabbed the water by mistake, took a sip, slung the glass and yelled out 'this ain't my drink, I'm Tony Dorsett'.

Then 2 Tall had to calm him down and explain that he grabbed the wrong glass. A-hole didn't bother to apologize either. Good thing was, my wife [ then ] was a big Cowboys fan, so those years were absolutely orgasmic, being the Redskins were winning and the Pukes were falling apart at the seams.

So I can add him to the list. :D

Troy Aikman.

I never thought he was a good QB, so it wasn't enough that he would beat us, but then

- his success led to Norv Turner becoming our coach

- he was considered the best QB in the NFL at one time which I thought was BS. Every year there was a Young vs Aikman game and comparison and I hated it because Young always had better numbers but Aikman had the better team. Then it became Favre vs Aikman and same story.

- Then he retires and goes to the broadcast booth (because of his supposed greatness) and just inherits the throne as Madden's successor

- then he uses that throne to spew his love for his former team and hatred/bias against us.

When will it ever end?

Jamie Dukes- He never has anything good to say about the Skins probably hasn't gotten over the 2 butt whippings the 91 Skins gave the Atlanta Falcons in 1991.

Most of the 1991 Philadelpha Eagles- They still insist the best team in the NFL didn't win the SB in 1991..

Dukes picked us to win the division this year.

I disagree with the Joe Buck/Troy Aikman (as a broadcaster) hate. 

Every single fan of the NFL thinks that these guys hate their favorite team. But they are the best. Compare these guys to other announcers, and they are so much more professional and overall better. 

How often have we heard "Brian OraPKO needs to get after the QB for the Redskins today" ? or "Reed Doughty" mispronounced? Or just statements that are flat out wrong. 

Very rare to hear mistakes from Fox's A team. They are the best. 

Joe Buck is a great play by play guy.  Even better at baseball.  Yeah, we know he's not Jack Buck, get over it.  And everyone says Troy calling Redskins Cowboys games is biased, but honestly, I've always thought he's been really fair in his assessment.  If the cowboys are sucking he says so, if the Redskins are doing well, he says so.  It's just that when the cowboys do well or the Redskins are sucking, he also says so....which makes fans just go "SEE told you he's a cowboy homer!"  Confirmation bias at its best.

P.S. I'm sorry but Dick Stockton is the most CARELESS mistake ridden aloof announcer of all time.

Joe Buck is a great play by play guy.  Even better at baseball.  Yeah, we know he's not Jack Buck, get over it.  And everyone says Troy calling Redskins Cowboys games is biased, but honestly, I've always thought he's been really fair in his assessment.  If the cowboys are sucking he says so, if the Redskins are doing well, he says so.  It's just that when the cowboys do well or the Redskins are sucking, he also says so....which makes fans just go "SEE told you he's a cowboy homer!"  Confirmation bias at its best.

Its one of the most annoying things about fans. Every fanbase thinks Troy Aikman is some Homerific Homer McHomer. Dude is about as unbiased and fair as it gets. When you aren't good, no one is going to say good things about you.

I've seen a lot of different answers and combinations of answers in this thread, so....

My list of current players:                       My list of current coaches:

Sherman                                                Carroll

Rapellsburger                                        Harbaugh

Vick                                                        Harbaugh

McCoy                                                    Coughlin

Eli                                                           Kelly

Pierre Paul                                             Mike Smith

Dez

Romo

Witten

Kap

Finnegan

Flacco

Rice

Cam

Luck

My list of former players:                  My list of former coaches:

Ray Lewis                                         Parcells

Emmitt Smith                                     Buddy Ryan

Irvin                                                   Shell

Dan Marino                                       Fassel

Haynesworth                                     Switzer    

Tiki                                                    Johnson

Shockey                                            Spurrier

TO                                                     Turner

Marcus Allen

Aikman

Staubach

Cunningham

McNabb

Dion

Phil Simms

For the record, I think Aikman is non-biased in his commentating, and one of the best NFL commentators of today.  Joe Buck is annoying, and loves the sound of his own voice.  I truly cannot stand him and his ego.

I can't stand the Giants. All of them. There very little opportunity for redemption once wearing their jersey. Even if you just try one on in Sports Authority, it's a stench that clings.

Really, if i was on the only boat afloat for a thousand miles in all directions, and i saw the New York giants clinging to the wreckage of their sunken cruise ship, I'd throw rocks at them.

AND, be it known that IF i had a boat that I would take far enough out into the ocean to witness such a thing as a cruise ship sinking, I would bring rocks every time I went out on the off chance that I MIGHT see the Giants in the water. 

I hate the Giants. All of them.

Dammit Bang, after reading this, which I will say was a bit humorous, now that song is stuck in my head

" rock the boat - don't rock th' boat baby rock the boat - don't tip the boat oh no".

I hope it gets stuck in your head to now. :P

Conrad Dobler

And pretty much everyone to play in Dallas

You beat me to it. There was also a player that played for the Raiders that I can't think of that was out of football for a while and came back. Just can't think of his name. He was also a douch.

You beat me to it. There was also a player that played for the Raiders that I can't think of that was out of football for a while and came back. Just can't think of his name. He was also a douch.

I hated Howie Long. Ted Hendricks was scrappy. There DBs were dirty as hell. Its hard to keep all our hatred for the opposition sorted out with so many to choose from!

• 1 month later...

This Johnny Manzel idiot in Cleveland is quickly becoming my least favorite NFL player and he hasn't even played an NFL game yet. The smug look, the rubbing his fingers together, his arrogance and so on makes him an easy target for me to root against. I really wish the Cowboys would have drafted him because he seems like a perfect fit for that team. I hope he is a bust, he looks way to small to be an NFL quarterback.

Archived