Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris gets his mazda back!

KrnZippo

They actually had his car on display at the DC Auto Show last month. Kinda neat to see.  Just a humble car.  It looked and smelled like an old car that someone kept in good shape...

There was another Redskin from the past who drove a beater to keep himself grounded.  I think it might have been George Starke and his old Datsun 240Z.  I'm probably wrong on both the player and the car. Anybody else recall that?

There was another Redskin from the past who drove a beater to keep himself grounded. I think it might have been George Starke and his old Datsun 240Z. I'm probably wrong on both the player and the car. Anybody else recall that?

I think d green had an old vw for years.

They actually had his car on display at the DC Auto Show last month. Kinda neat to see.  Just a humble car.  It looked and smelled like an old car that someone kept in good shape...

There was another Redskin from the past who drove a beater to keep himself grounded.  I think it might have been George Starke and his old Datsun 240Z.  I'm probably wrong on both the player and the car. Anybody else recall that?

I think d green had an old vw for years.

I thought I heard Joe Theismann say during the America's Game 1982 SB series that he and Mark Mosely used to carpool with Dave Butz who had the VW Bug and he used to try and run over animals on the way to work.

Do you think Alfred is a virgin??

I mean seriously.. he kept the car the same??  Did you hear the applause when they unvield the remodeled car?  it was like that hesitative unenthusiastic clap... LOL

But ney in all seriousness though , Alfred is really cool. Takes alot of daring to be different.  HTTR

Do you think Alfred is a virgin??

I mean seriously.. he kept the car the same??  Did you hear the applause when they unvield the remodeled car?  it was like that hesitative unenthusiastic clap... LOL

But ney im all seriousness though , Alfred is really cool. Takes alot of daring to be different.  HTTR

Dr. Dre would call him an Astronaut ... 

Al is the real deal, so happy he's one of us. 

I thought I heard Joe Theismann say during the America's Game 1982 SB series that he and Mark Mosely used to carpool with Dave Butz who had the VW Bug and he used to try and run over animals on the way to work.

That's partially true.   Moseley and Joey T. were in the carpool. Butz accidentally ran into a pair of pigeons on his way to the NFC Championship Game against Minnesota.  He had two sacks and a tipped pass that was intercepted that day.  So it grew into a tradition that on the drive to RFK on game days, it was considered good luck if they ran over a dead animal on the way in.  They would often leave early and drive around just so they could find road kill to run over.

One of Butz's friends, knowing of this superstition, had kept a dead squirrel in his freezer, saving it for Dallas week.  Early on game day morning, he planted the dead squirrel on their route along with a "Squirrel Crossing" sign.

Where I'm betting you're wrong is the type of car.  Dave Butz was 6 feet 7 inches tall and weighed 300 sumpin sumpin.  I don't think Butz could fit into a VW Beetle unless the driver's seat was removed and he was driving from the back seat.

That's awesome!! Alfred is without a doubt my current favorite Redskin. One of the most humble professional athlete and just a very respectable guy. I'm glad he is with our organization and he is somebody we need to keep here. Also let's not forget he has one of the best touchdown celebrations...HOMERUN!!

That's partially true.   Moseley and Joey T. were in the carpool. Butz accidentally ran into a pair of pigeons on his way to the NFC Championship Game against Minnesota.  He had two sacks and a tipped pass that was intercepted that day.  So it grew into a tradition that on the drive to RFK on game days, it was considered good luck if they ran over a dead animal on the way in.  They would often leave early and drive around just so they could find road kill to run over.

One of Butz's friends, knowing of this superstition, had kept a dead squirrel in his freezer, saving it for Dallas week.  Early on game day morning, he planted the dead squirrel on their route along with a "Squirrel Crossing" sign.

Where I'm betting you're wrong is the type of car.  Dave Butz was 6 feet 7 inches tall and weighed 300 sumpin sumpin.  I don't think Butz could fit into a VW Beetle unless the driver's seat was removed and he was driving from the back seat.

Butz had a van. Looked a little like some state sponsored car-pool thing.

What a pure and decent human being. Just before the dallast game that put us in the playoffs in 2012, he was the only player to stop and sign autographs at the tunnel. I got a chance to shake his hand. You could tell he was just so glad to be there he was taking nothing for granted. We need 60 mored just like him….

In a different lifetime I was actually selling Mazdas in 1991, those exact 626s. They were actually pretty nice cars and especially when comparing prices compared very well to the Honda Accords of the time. 

Archived