Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT: Alfred Morris added to Probowl roster!

Alaskins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/17/alfred-morris-added-to-pro-bowl-roster/

Alfred Morris is headed to the Pro Bowl for the first time.

The Redskins announced Friday on Twitter that Morris, their starting tailback, had been added to the Pro Bowl roster. The club also included an Instagram video message from the second-year pro from Florida Atlantic in which he thanked fans for their support.

The 25-year-old Morris rushed for 1,275 yards and seven touchdowns on 276 carries for Washington this season. The 2012 sixth-round pick has started all 32 regular-season games for the Redskins since entering the NFL.

According to Zac Boyer of the Washington Times, Morris will take the Pro Bowl roster spot of either San Francisco’s Frank Gore or Seattle’s Marshawn Lynch. The 49ers and Seahawks square off in Sunday’s NFC’s title game, which means either Gore or Lynch will miss the NFL’s all-star game.

The Pro Bowl will be played Sunday, January 26 in Honolulu and will air on NBC. Kickoff time is 7:30 p.m. Eastern.

-----

Didin't see a thread on this, if so, please excuse me...

Congrats to him, The Butler deserves it.

Seriously, for all the problems we had this year, he was the 4th leading rusher in the NFL, and was 2nd last year.  In terms of play, I give Lynch the edge because he had 5 TDs more than Morris, but Gore and Morris should be even, if not having Morris in the lead.

Either way, Congrats to him, hopefully he runs up and down the field and gets everyone to notice what they missed.

Congrats to Alfred, though him being in the Pro Bowl should've happened last year. Better late than never I suppose.

Right ?

Dude is a straight up animal !!! Who really cares that he isn't a "home run threat" not many are and most of them aren't as durable as Alfred. He has however, consistently taken it the distance from 30 yards out which is a lot better than we have had around here since CP's first two seasons.  

Hands down my favorite guy on the team right now and really my favorite skins back since Byner

Something should be done about getting rid of the PB. The game is worthless and with so much money invested in these players, the risk of injury outweighs the benefit to the game. Name the all-pro team but get rid of the game and instead have the all-pros meet every year in Canton for one day and sign autographs for 3 hrs.

Pro Bowl is a joke. Alfred ran for nearly 3,000 yards in two years and he gets in as an alternate in his second year? Is why I refuse to watch the Pro Bowl. Popularity contest. Nothing more

Well, when we're 3-13....I mean nobody goes out of their way to vote for a RB on a 3-13 team. They want a RB that's on a 10 or more win team.

How the hell does Frank Gore keep making the pro bowl?

It is name recognition. Plus he is on a good team. When people vote, after they vote for the top stars or the guys on their team, they fill out the ballot with names they know.

Morris should have made it last year. I'm glad he will be going this year.

Archived