Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

I know it is a completly different situation in Indianapolis because it is the OC and not the HC and the Colts were coming off of a winning season but I wonder if there was this much disagreement when the Colts hired Pep Hamilton to be Luck's OC. I still want David Shaw as head coach but if a honest to God real GM is hired first and he thinks Briles is the right choice I would be all for it. I hope AJ Smith stays in the scouting department behind the scenes and Bruce Allen gets another title in the front office and the Redskins hire a GM before they rush into hiring a coach.  

I know it is a completly different situation in Indianapolis because it is the OC and not the HC and the Colts were coming off of a winning season but I wonder if there was this much disagreement when the Colts hired Pep Hamilton to be Luck's OC. I still want David Shaw as head coach but if a honest to God real GM is hired first and he thinks Briles is the right choice I would be all for it. I hope AJ Smith stays in the scouting department behind the scenes and Bruce Allen gets another title in the front office and the Redskins hire a GM before they rush into hiring a coach.  

I honestly don't get the 'perception' thing. 

You hire the best man for the job. Not the best man that will keep the press quiet. 

If they decide Art is that man, **** what outsiders think. They'll turn soon enough when the W's start. 

Hail. 

You hire the best man for the job. Not the best man that will keep the press quiet. 

If they decide Art is that man, **** what outsiders think. They'll turn soon enough when the W's start. 

Hail. 

Very true, winning cures everything

Hail.

I agree with you and I honestly believe the mediots would back off once they saw the staff he put together.

Briles has no playbook and draws plays up on the sideline and says, hey go try this one.......Yeah, we need that!

That is not true at all.

I agree with you and I honestly believe the mediots would back off once they saw the staff he put together.

That is not true at all.

Its absolutely true.  Research it, I'm not going to do it for you.  

Are you a troll? You keep saying this when it is decidedly not true. Do some research before spilling lies.

Troll?  No.  Just an angry fan that to save my life, cannot comprehend why anyone on here would want Art Briles as our head coach.

You do the research.  I have.  Multiple sources/articles are out there and former players stating they did not have a playbook.  

Plus, list 3 reasons why you think he should be our head coach.  A guy that coaches a team in a weak conference against inferior teams.

ESPN article from their website - http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9833069/baylor-coach-art-briles-builds-offense-quarterback

Article from Nationalfootballpost.com website - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Titans-Wright-says-Baylor-had-no-playbook.html  

Washington Post website article - http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/art-briles-baylor-football-coach-is-a-rising-star-who-loves-his-native-texas/2013/12/04/35e70d88-5cfc-11e3-8d24-31c016b976b2_story.html

Shall I go on?  Of course he doesn't take a stick and draw a play in the grass/dirt on the sideline, that was an obvious exaggeration.  In the Wright article, he states that at times, he would draw a play up on the sideline and they would go out and run it.  

Its absolutely true. Research it, I'm not going to do it for you.

You do the research. I have. Multiple sources/articles are out there and former players stating they did not have a playbook.

You telling other people to "research it" is completely laughable. They don't have a book. That does not mean they don't have plays. That's just stupid.

Edit- here you go, I "researched it" for you.

"When I was at Houston, the first thing everybody wanted was the playbook," said Briles, who coached the Cougars from 2003 to '07. "A guy's not going to read or study it. Kids play video games, so we show them the plays on video. Everything is on an iPad, and we label it and number them. A playbook is something we don't do.

"I'm a visual learner, and people learn differently. If you can see something, you remember it. If you read it and try to interpret it, it's a little different. We do a lot of repetition on the field so guys can learn it."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9833069/baylor-coach-art-briles-builds-offense-quarterback

Hot damn, what a breakdown!!!

My only concern with him is that he's an older fella, but I guess we can get 5-7 years from him.

Not an issue. Mike Shanahan was almost the same age when we hired him. Briles is 3 years younger than Mike.

EDIT: Actually, Briles is almost 3.5 years younger than Mike.

I wouldn't even bother skins.

Ignorance is bliss. Sadly for that ignorance, Briles is a very real proposition and right in the mix. 

Hail. 

Calling me ignorant is not acceptable.  They don't have a traditional playbook.  I went ahead and posted links to players stating this along with him drawing up plays they didn't work on in practice and trying to implement them into the game real time.  I don't think his style will work at the NFL level, thus, I don't think he would be a good head coach in the NFL.

Not to mention the fact that if hired, what player besides RGIII is going to respect him?  Knowing RGIII's parents have already pushed for him and tossed his name out to Synder.  

And to the other guy, they show them plays on the I-pad, thats great, they don't get anything to study after practices.  They show them plays, number them, then call it out during practice.  Then make up additional plays on the fly and put them into the game when they see fit.  This is the opposite of how every NFL team prepares for a game.  

I just don't think it will work at this level and I don't want our team to be the test mice for it.  Especially when we have so many holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

Troll?  No.  Just an angry fan that to save my life, cannot comprehend why anyone on here would want Art Briles as our head coach.

You do the research.  I have.  Multiple sources/articles are out there and former players stating they did not have a playbook.  

Plus, list 3 reasons why you think he should be our head coach.  A guy that coaches a team in a weak conference against inferior teams.

ESPN article from their website - http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9833069/baylor-coach-art-briles-builds-offense-quarterback

Article from Nationalfootballpost.com website - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Titans-Wright-says-Baylor-had-no-playbook.html  

Washington Post website article - http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/art-briles-baylor-football-coach-is-a-rising-star-who-loves-his-native-texas/2013/12/04/35e70d88-5cfc-11e3-8d24-31c016b976b2_story.html

Shall I go on?  Of course he doesn't take a stick and draw a play in the grass/dirt on the sideline, that was an obvious exaggeration.  In the Wright article, he states that at times, he would draw a play up on the sideline and they would go out and run it.

It's on iPad. It's not in a book formation, but they have plays. Btw, how did that 700 page play book work for Al Saunders.

Clear to who? Any moron making the lazy assumption just because he happened to coach the guy in college?

If Briles get's a shot here or anywhere else in the pro's it will be for the remarkable job he's done to date through his career. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Hail.

It's clear to any moron that it's "clear to whom".

Agree with you.  I can't understand why anyone views Briles as a NFL HC.  Nevermind the fact that you're immediately creating dissension in the locker room by giving the appearance that RG3 and his family are the ones choosing the HC.  Doesn't matter if it's true or not, the perception would be very real.

Briles is the last man on the potential HC list for me.  Dead last.  And it's not even close.

Lets see if he tries semantics, in that Briles really doesn't have a playbook in a literal sense.

Why do you guys have act jerkish to everyone that doesn't share your opinion?  Because my post count is low in comparison?  Because I don't agree with every view/opinion you share on a public forum board?  

I don't think his unconventional approach in preparing for games will translate well at all at the NFL level.  Players are creatures of habit.  Thus, I don't understand all the desire for a college coach that hasn't really done anything at the college level that I consider impressive.

We all have opinions, we dont have to agree.  

Why do you guys have act jerkish to everyone that doesn't share your opinion?  Because my post count is low in comparison?  Because I don't agree with every view/opinion you share on a public forum board?  

I don't think his unconventional approach in preparing for games will translate well at all at the NFL level.  Thus, I don't understand all the desire for a college coach that hasn't really done anything at the college level that I consider impressive.

We all have opinions, we dont have to agree.

If it makes you feel better i am catching a similar amount of flack

Saying "coach without a playbook" to me is simply a timesaver. I don't feel like typing a paragraph about unconventional approaches to the pro game taken from the college level

This is just overwhelming...

2008 Baylor 4–8 2–6 T–5th (South)

2009 Baylor 4–8 1–7 6th (South)

2010 Baylor 7–6 4–4 4th (South) L Texas

2011 Baylor 10–3 6–3 T–3rd W Alamo 12 13

2012 Baylor 8–5 4–5 T–5th W Holiday

2013 Baylor 11–1 8–1 1st TBD Fiesta† 5 6

Baylor: 44–31 25–26

Archived