Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

The 'Briles is Spurrier' comparisons remind me of the 'RGIII is Vick' comparisons

As far as on the field play you could compare Griffin and Vick. Briles has never even seen an NFL field ever. We have already been down the road with the college coach. Besides, what the hell does that say to everyone else on the team? I'm going to cater to my spoiled ass QB?

As far as on the field play you could compare Griffin and Vick. Briles has never even seen an NFL field ever. We have already been down the road with the college coach. Besides, what the hell does that say to everyone else on the team? I'm going to cater to my spoiled ass QB?

See I'm not in for Briles, but you're going to eliminate all college coaches just because they're college coaches?  Might want to check over the past five years and see how many new winning coaches have come from college.

We have already been down the road with the college coach. Besides, what the hell does that say to everyone else on the team? I'm going to cater to my spoiled ass QB?

Good thing the Colts didn't draft Peyton Manning after that bust Heath Shuler came from Tennessee. Because, you know, all people are the exact same if they come from a similar background.

See I'm not in for Briles, but you're going to eliminate all college coaches just because they're college coaches?  Might want to check over the past five years and see how many new winning coaches have come from college.

True but for this job we need a professional that has everyone's respect when he walks in the room.

If Art Briles were to be hired, RGIII might have to re-win over the lockerroom again...

I think people are putting way too much stock in what players are saying in regards to a coaching staff on their way out, that they don't have to worry about anymore. It's not like anyone is going to publicly badmouth them.

If Briles were hired, I'd expect that no player would be stupid enough to think that a "Player hired the coach," or that they should be comfortable enough in their position to be worthy of anything being won back other than their jobs, with new staff coming in.

RG3 Morgan and Davis don't want him back.

That 99% number falls apart fast. .....

They have THREE wins in year four, and a historic number of loses over 4 years. 

Regardless of what B/S % is mentioned, the irony that their endorsing such failure is a detriment to EVERY player coming out with that B/S. Fletcher. Williams. Whomever. 

Just say NOTHING. 

Hail. 

It's said the backlash...namely from here...kept Snyder from hiring Fassel. It be a shame...if possibly the best thing for the organization...and Dr the franchise qb....doesn't occur because of this fan base and media. To me...it's about maximizing the investment. Briles potentially could do that. He might not....but so might any other coach hired....especially cowher or lovie.  

They have THREE wins in year four, and a historic number of loses over 4 years. 

Regardless of what B/S % is mentioned, the irony that their endorsing such failure is a detriment to EVERY player coming out with that B/S. Fletcher. Williams. Whomever. 

Just say NOTHING. 

Hail. 

There is an interesting dynamic happening. Keeping it simple, It seems it's RG3 vs Mike.

But the players named RG3 captain early on as a rookie.  Clearly they liked and respected him.   Random but respected vets say most everyone loves Mike. 

Something doesn't seem to add up. 

Maybe they like him just for being a disciplinarian, trying to run a tight ship. Like him as a person. Or maybe they are brown nosing because they are still his players just in case he sticks around. Maybe they like him because he didnt go to rookies late in the year.

I would figure many players do not like the presumed favoritism his son gets, for instance. Its not just RG3 that could be getting presumed favoritism (from Dan).

I am not sure the locker room is divided, it may just be everything is being over thought and over magnified.

As we wait for him to get **** canned to have a chance at the truth.

Only one way to find out, Samurai Jack.... Have Briles demand a drop of blood from every player. Thats a start.

Team unity

A blood oath to put losing to be viewed with as much hatred as death especially with what they are being paid to do?  That would be nice.  I also think he needs to demand a week-long team trip into a place like the Amazon, where they have to rely on each other and are away from modern society and distractions.

I really like Art Briles. My only issue would be with our fan base. The negativity would swarm on this.

Funny thing. I've always liked Briles concepts but don't think he is leaving college football.

He wasn't high on my list because I think the perception surrounding his hire would cause an uphill battle with the fans/media.

But you know the more I think about: passing on a qualified candidate (if Briles is actually interested) because of fan/media perception seems like a poor reason to make a decision.

I always try to look at football decisions from a purely football perspective.

I think Briles is a leader of men, I think his concepts are forward thinking and his scheme and teaching methods are sound.

Passing on that because of fan/media perception seems like cowardice in that regard and that ain't my style.

He's still not at the top of my list because he will have real obstacles to overcome but I could certainly envision a scenario where it could work.

There is an interesting dynamic happening. Keeping it simple, It seems it's RG3 vs Mike.

But the players named RG3 captain early on as a rookie.  Clearly they liked and respected him.   Random but respected vets say most everyone loves Mike. 

Something doesn't seem to add up.

I agree.  I personally think RGIII was given the captain title by Snyder as a marketing ploy...

Archived