Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

The general feeling is IF, I stress IF, he's removed, it may stretch out through the week due to a few factors. But again, no one really knows.

Yeah, I keep hearing that we could well be looking at a week of meetings and pointless pontification then a canning ala Marty rather than a Zorn-esq boot straight off the plane back from Newark. 

All ridiculously asinine to me as keeping him thus far in a game of 'who blinks first' was never gona' work as he was never gona' walk from his bounty. All it's done is at the least kept us from doing our due diligence and interviewing O'Brien who seems nailed on to land in Houston Monday. 

Hail. 

I'm sure there are plenty of offensive minds in the NFL & college ranks whose scheme you can cutely diagram in a post to a bunch of fans who don't really know what they're looking at.

If Snyder hires a competent & well qualified person to run the football operations, and then that candidate does his due diligence and finally decides to go with Briles, then I'm ok with it. Any other situation, especially considering who our QB is, will end up with off-the-field drama like there ALWAYS is.

I like Art Briles - he should absolutely be on the short list.

But forgive me if I temper my excitment. I have been sold this hype before. Whoever is hired will have to show me results before I believe they had the ability to save this POS franchise.

First of all - tl;dr

I'm sure Briles is a fine, fine coach.  But under the current circumstances for this team hiring him would more than likely be a disaster,.....potentially beyond even our imaginations as Skins fans. 

Just don't do it.

See, the only real qualm I'd have about any Robert/ Briles link would be if it caused any problems within the locker room. If, say, most of the players would be isolated and think the move was specifically for Robert etc, then obviously it would be a no-go. 

How anyone with half a brain couldn't see that this move would be specifically for Robert is beyond me -- it absolutely would be.  The ONLY reason this idea is even out there is because of the RG3 connection. 

I can't believe this is seriously being discussed.  If Snyder hires Briles I've lost hope completely that he has learned anything.

He needs to hire a GM for F SAKE!!!!! 

The general feeling is IF, I stress IF, he's removed, it may stretch out through the week due to a few factors. But again, no one really knows.

I've heard he's out as soon as right after the game to as late as tomorrow night, but they want it to be quick.

I've heard there is zero chance Briles is coming here.

I've heard the coaching search is still very much alive because we really don't know which direction we want to go (which is a good thing for those of us rooting for a GM to be hired).

Talked to guys last night. They're on the same page I am. Shanahan is the head coach until he's not. And then no one really knows. Keep on mind Baylor's bowl game is Thursday, so we couldn't talk to him until late Thurs/Friday at the earliest.

And isn't this the way it should be. The decision should not be made in the media room but in the boardroom. 

BTW, still GHH, great thread but change the name to the Briles Files. 

Just saw on ESPN crawler that the Texans are working on a deal for Bill O'Brien.  That might have a huge implication on what will happen with Shanny after today. 

Regardless, I'm on board with Art Briles - maybe as O-Coordinator if MIke is retained and Kyle is let go?

And isn't this the way it should be. The decision should not be made in the media room but in the boardroom.

BTW, still GHH, great thread but change the name to the Briles Files.

I think that's exactly how it should be.

I've heard he's out as soon as right after the game to as late as tomorrow night, but they want it to be quick.

I've heard there is zero chance Briles is coming here.

I've heard the coaching search is still very much alive because we really don't know which direction we want to go (which is a good thing for those of us rooting for a GM to be hired).

There has been no contact with anyone in any official capacity.

A bit off topic, but I don't see Bill OBrien signing with anyone until after Monday. Just would not be a smart move for him, even if he wants to coach in Houston. Why not let the market get you a few extra bucks, won't cost you anything to wait a few days.

So, I've been giving this insane idea to hire Briles some thought, and I think there is a way to make it work.

First off -- cut every player on the team except RG3.

Then -- Danny contracts out the top scientist in the world that do cloning.  Clone RG3 52 times in varying heights and weights.  For example a 6'5", 325lb LT,....a 6'3" 255lb LB,...a 6'4" 225 WR with amazing hands that can run a 4.4 40,...etc.  Just stock the entire team with RG3's at every position.

Next -- since the name Redskins is so offensive now, just change the name of the team to the Washington RG3s. 

Hire Briles and hello Lombardi trophy for the foreseeable future.  

Yup,.....I think it just might work. 

So, I've been giving this insane idea to hire Briles some thought, and I think there is a way to make it work.

Then -- Danny contracts out the top scientist in the world that do cloning.  Clone RG3 52 times in varying heights and weights.  For example a 6'5", 325lb LT,....a 6'3" 255lb LB,...a 6'4" 225 WR with amazing hands that can run a 4.4 40,...etc.  Just stock the entire team with RG3's at every position.

Next -- since the name Redskins is so offensive now, just change the name of the team to the Washington RG3s. 

Wow Probos - don't know if this is an indictment of Briles or RG3... but why don't you tell us how you really feel either way ;)

FWIW, and you might want to check in with him, Russell has it 99% certain from everyone he speaks to he's gone and their already looking at coaches not under contract. 

The fact he's mentioning Cowher does not fill me with any great hope. 

Hail. 

PALOFFS!!!

Since we are playing "What If", here's a what if.

What if Briles is hired and he comes into the team meetings and talks about his philosophy and the team gets behind him?

Like everyplace he's every coached where he's not only turned around losing programs into winning ones, but revolutionised the leagues he's coached in?

Hail. 

If the man is such a revolutionary coach, and so successful, why hasn't he been coveted in the league until now?  Seems like teams would be chomping at the bit to hire him, but it appears that the Redskins are the only team "interested" in him, and even that is partly because of RG3.  

Here's an idea.  Let's hire THIS guy!!  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/scorecasting/09/15/kelley.pulaski/

His methods are REVOLUTIONARY, and he's been successful, and he has ZERO NFL experience!!  YYYEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!

Like everyplace he's every coached where he's not only turned around losing programs into winning ones, but revolutionised the leagues he's coached in?

Hail. 

Love you brother, but Houston and Baylor are not the Washington Redskins.

And defense is a rumor in both conferences, including on all of his teams.

A bit off topic, but I don't see Bill OBrien signing with anyone until after Monday. Just would not be a smart move for him, even if he wants to coach in Houston. Why not let the market get you a few extra bucks, won't cost you anything to wait a few days.

Yeah the report I saw just said they were in "discussions".  That was from last night though.

O'Brien is a fantastic manager of crisis to go along with X's and O's.  Would've been a fair hire for us.

Archived