Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

I have seen enough stills by Atlanta Skins Fan on a different board to know that Griffin holds on to the ball too long.  

Did the stills come along with a spreadsheet showing why based on completion percentages from Junior High we would have been better signing Greg McElroy off the Bengals practice squad?

Cooley thinks Mike and Kyle think RG3 will never develop into the guy they thought, that they don't have confidence they can ever win with them, and this whole thing is about that. Basically they think they bet on the wrong horse and want to make it seem like they were forced into it somehow. According to Cooley, look for Shanny to soon leak BS that he didn't want to draft Robert.

What an unaccountable rat Shanny is.

They won with him last year. His rookie season. The baseline for his future performance not the benchmark - with proper development.

And it cracks me up how these stories push the convo further and futher away from the special teams or the defense?

That bit has me scratching my head as well. I understand the QB is a huge deal but offense is the least of our worries and the least of the reasons for our record this year.  Which is not to say there are not issues on offense.

Not much left to do but laugh at this point. I am out of popcorn.

I am ready to give Mike the Oscar

For his betrayal of a former NFL coach, undermined by everyone and everything around him, but stoically standing strong to cash that one last paycheck, in the highly acclaimed drama drama box office hit, "Your 2013 Washington Redskins"

Heat this baby up and we can make it more tHeismannesque

side_oscar.jpg

I feel even worse for RG3. Mike S. was his dream coach growing up. That would be like one of us growing up watching Joe Gibbs and dreaming of playing for him, then years later your dream comes true. Joe Jackson Gibbs drafts you to play QB! You help your team and Gibbs win its first division title your rookie year. The next year Joe Gibbs uses you as a pawn to gain $7 million. Dam that sucks for RG3 he/we deserve so much better than that.

HTTR

The word leaking out via Twitter is that Cousins will be named the starter for Sunday but thats not been confirmed.

Team source confirms NFL AM report that Kirk Cousins will start for the #Redskins against Atlanta Sunday.

11/12/2013 14:06

ay Glazer of FOX Sports is reporting that Mike Shanahan is leaning towards having Kirk Cousins start at quarterback against the Falcons on Sunday but that Robert Griffin III still has a chance to make his case. Thinking inside Redskins building today is that Shanahan is going w Cousins unless RG3 is able to convince him otherwise— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) December 11, 2013

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/report-shanahan-leaning-towards-cousins?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

That bit has me scratching my head as well. I understand the QB is a huge deal but offense is the least of our worries and the least of the reasons for our record this year.  Which is not to say there are not issues on offense.

Mike Shanahan is putting on a master class of blameshifting. No one even mentions the special teams or the defense. Mike's already won. Snyder's not even in the game. Bruce needs to leak to the media about how bad the special teams, defense and personnel are.

And there's this, pushing Mike's failures even further or the back burner:

@JayGlazer: Thinking inside Redskins building today is that Shanahan is going w Cousins unless RG3 is able to convince him otherwise         

The fug? He wants RGIII to beg for his job?

Mike Shanahan is a prick.

Welp looks like it's all but official at this point. What a complete mess.

If he was so worried about Griffin's health, why did he let him start the season? Why did he let him play last week in the snow after we were officially eliminated from the playoffs? This is dumb. It's a move that isn't in the best interest of the team or RG3. It's an FU to the fans, players, and RG3.

I think Shanny is weasel. A rat. A fraud. A disaster.

I also think he truly thinks Kirk gives the team a better chance to win and he couldn't come up with any way of saying that without looking like a failure as a coach and GM.

He is now hoping Kirk wins three in a row and gives him an excuse for losing -- that RG3 was holding the team back.

What a circus. I feel bad for every player involved, especially both our QBs, who are far from veterans.

Wanna know what's even crazier?

RGIII is going to be 3rd on the depth chart and be inactive for the next three games.

Seriosuly folks, watch for a different offensive game plan with bootleg and 3 wr sets. 

Awesome. SMH. I can't wait for the season to be over. 

RG3 is healthy, rusty but healthy. Not playing him is indefensible. Pinning this season solely on him is cowardice.

I'm a huge fan but we all have to stop treating him with kid gloves....the worst case scenario has already happened....if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be but he's our QB, play him....there is no time to lose or reps to waste.

Archived