Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Redskins To Pursue Art Briles (MET)

HateNMyEyez

Admittingly, I have no clue about this guy, what he's capable of, if he's a strong candidate due to his skills or not, but I think this wouldn't be viewed very well by most...to me it sends a not so good message about our QB's involvement w/this team. It gives an appearance of an "inmate running the asylum" thing..I don't like it b/c of that...

I want a coach that will evaluate what players we have and who can produce and keep their mouth shut.  I want someone that can say to RGIII, son you need to be able to hit open receivers from the pocket   I want someone that will shake up that pathetic OL, spend some of the 40 million or so bucks in cap space in creating a OL that is capable of actually blocking for a pocket QB. 

That's exactly what happened at Baylor when Art Briles coached RG3. I don't understand why so many are putting the blame on RG3.

If you think RG3 is the best QB on the team. Don't you want the coach that can get the most out of that player?

If i were a mod, i'd bounce you for a piss poor thread title.

This is Jason LaCanfora GUESSING, and nothing else.

This is actually LCanfora GUESSING while yesterdays game was being played... those are retweets from his afternoon, i read them as they came across..

LaCanfora.. the treasure trove of accurate Redskins info for SO LONG..  the same laCanfora who had a thread made specifically for us to point out his incorrect BS while he was here.... 

Jason laCanfora GUESSES that the Redskins MIGHT go after Art Briles IF they fire Mike Shanahan.

No wonder the media acts the way they do with this team. Forget facts, making **** up from your couch works so well for our fans.

~Bang

Admittingly, I have no clue about this guy, what he's capable of, if he's a strong candidate due to his skills or not, but I think this wouldn't be viewed very well by most...to me it sends a not so good message about our QB's involvement w/this team. It gives an appearance of an "inmate running the asylum" thing..I don't like it b/c of that...

You don't like it because of what the media or certain fans feel about it? That kind of thinking is not going to help this team. RG3 doesn't run the team, but he is the best player on the team. I am for any move that improves our best player, regardless if it hurts people so called insecurities. 

For the record when has RG3 done anything negative towards the team?

Hail

While I don't think it's a bad idea for your QB & team leader to have some input into who the next head coach is (to make sure styles are compatible etc.)...  I have this horrible feeling that a Briles/Griffin III reunion could end up as Spurrier & his Gators 2.0.

Spurrier was unwilling to adapt to the NFL. If you do some background research into Art Briles you will see that he is the opposite of Spurrier in that regard. In fact Briles is known for the best at adapting to situations.

Hail

If and when mike shanahan is fired according to cbs sports. Also came from Jason La Canfora as well on twitter:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 11h

New contract or not, I fully expect the Redskins to pursue Baylor's Art Briles if/when they fire Mike Shanahan. RGIII is a huge Briles guy

Yes, Briles recently agreed to a contract extension at Baylor. But I would in no way rule him out if the right NFL job emerged

It is no secret how close RGIII is with owner Dan Snyder, or how fractured Shanahan's relationship is w/the owner and the QB ...

Griffin will have a voice in this process, and he is a huge Briles guy. Briles managed RGIII's health, ego and family in college.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24369054/redskins-likely-to-pursue-baylors-briles-griffins-college-coach-if-shanahan-is-fired

One problem with all of this that you posted......"Jason La Canfora" being used as a source of information.

This is actually LCanfora GUESSING while yesterdays game was being played... those are retweets from his afternoon, i read them as they came across..

LaCanfora.. the treasure trove of accurate Redskins info for SO LONG..  the same laCanfora who had a thread made specifically for us to point out his incorrect BS while he was here.... 

Jason laCanfora GUESSES that the Redskins MIGHT go after Art Briles IF they fire Mike Shanahan.

No wonder the media acts the way they do with this team. Forget facts, making **** up from your couch works so well for our fans.

~Bang

Seeing the forest from between the trees!

~Bang

Ding.  If you've read the rules then you know how to cite sources.  Especially when everyone is already worked up, that was a ****ty thing to do, HateNMyEyez.

Read the rules and follow them.  Come on, man.

I would hate Briles as a hire here. A) He has no NFL experience B) He is too old to start his career in the NFL C) The media would jump all over us for letting Robert have too much input (which I don't think he would have much. Some but not a lot)

The only NFL team I see Briles taking is the Cowboys job when it opens up. The man has spent his entire life in Texas.

Stupid! Yeah let the QB run the team!

How is RG3 running the team?

I would hate Briles as a hire here. A) He has no NFL experience B) He is too old to start his career in the NFL C) The media would jump all over us for letting Robert have too much input (which I don't think he would have much. Some but not a lot)

The only NFL team I see Briles taking is the Cowboys job when it opens up. The man has spent his entire life in Texas.

Who cares what the media thinks. Seriously... No he doesn't have NFL experience but he has mastered the spread option offense, which is imo the future of the NFL.

Why does LaCanfora or any media's members OPINION warrant a thread?

He clearly isn't basing this speculation on anything substantive.

And to be clear he is purely speculating. He's just connecting the dots between RGIII and Briles.

And if the Redskins pursue Briles it doesn't in mean the feeling is mutual.

Briles seems like a genuine guy just signed a contract keeping him at Baylor (with a hefty buy-out clause) he doesn't seem like the type that would tear up his contract, essentially pulling a Saban and going back on his commitment, to coach in the NFL.

SO the focus has turned on how Shanny screwed us, and now shifted to RG3 is screwing the team up. SMH. I'm tired of the emotional insecureties. Do some research then form an opinion. I'm done, logic has no place in ES anymore I guess.

That statement is not pointed at any 1 person, but at the whole mob of people that continue to lash out emotionally. 

I bid you all a farewell

as always HTTR

Am I the only one who thinks the Briles' offense will not succeed in the NFL? It's built off of spreading the field through a lack of speed on the defense. The NFL is much faster and defenders can cover more ground. Plus it doesn't develop RG3 as a passer.

I argue Griffin was a better passer under Briles than under Shannahan. 

Also, he is better than than he has shown to be this year. Don't let the passing games struggles as a whole confuse you. Its not a coincidence that when we spread the field and go up tempo he looks better. 

Back on topic. I would LOVE for Briles to be brought on as the OC if we are willing to pay him enough. I wouldn't want him to be the HC off jump street though. I feel like that's just asking for trouble with the media. And the Media counts in this city. 

Archived