Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas Boswell: Mike Shanahan is a "weasel of a coach who defames his enemies, deflects blame and now may duck out of town"

Boss_Hogg

What a piece of crap. I am dumber for having read that. Are we sure Sally Jenkins didn't pen that steaming pile of manure? Did he really use Haynesworth and Mcnabb as examples of righteous individuals who were railroaded by Shanahan?! What a ****ing joke!

Maybe it is time for Shanahan to go; lord knows the product on the field is terrible, but this "article" is nothing but mudslinging from a rag that we already know has an agenda. **** Boswell and **** the Washington Post too.

Something to consider: there is really no way to fire Shanahan in mid-season (there are still 3 games left, kids!) Mike going means that Kyle goes and that means that there is really no one to put in a gameplan or call plays.

Or am I missing someone?

Because then we might lose 45-3? I mean, who cares at this point? Snyder has another chance to get this right and that starts at the top. He has stayed out of the way regardless of what these reports have been saying. He made a mistake that Pat Bowlen was no longer willing to make when he fired Shanahan and that was letting him pick the players. Hire a true GM and let him build the team. Brown, Decosta or Allen, I don't really care. Just let one of them run this team and it will be done professionally.

Something to consider: there is really no way to fire Shanahan in mid-season (there are still 3 games left, kids!) Mike going means that Kyle goes and that means that there is really no one to put in a gameplan or call plays.

Or am I missing someone?

What's Sherm Lewis up to these days?  I guess let Matt LaFleur call the plays.  I would bet they'd make Morris interim HC over Haslett.

Snyder can hire a chimpanzee from the National Zoo to call plays and be just as adept as Kyle has been the past few weeks.

Blowing that lead against Minnesota really demoralized this team.

Better duck- the ks army and their "7th ranked ......err ......20 something ranked offense" is in full attack mode, baby.

Like others have said, I don't think he'll get fired mid season as well primarily because we do not have someone who can step in as HC. Kyle and Haz are probably the only two people who can, maybe Raheem.  Do we really want the HC responsibility on either one of those guys? On the other hand, really what more could go wrong... 

Maybe it is time for Shanahan to go; lord knows the product on the field is terrible, but this "article" is nothing but mudslinging from a rag that we already know has an agenda. **** Boswell and **** the Washington Post too.

That agenda has almost always been anti-Snyder in recent years, so I'm not sure how this article furthers that agenda.  Sure, he technically hammers Snyder but the real villain of the piece is Shanahan.  

I don't know if it's a "conspiracy theory". And I don't know if anyone's saying he undermined robert the entire time. This year? It's possible. Certainly seems that way, I'll admit.

Seems robert doesn't like Kyle so much, so one of thems got to go. And one of them won't be the guy they gave up a bunch of picks for. And that probably makes mike think "everybody hates dan, everyone knows he meddles, and that's my way out of here"

People will believe it, even if it's not true.

You didn't notice the stories that came out about those who didn't get along with mike the past couple of years?

Mike wanted to quit as soon as last season ended, but he decided not to because Griffin got injured at the end of the season. When Griffin got injured, he decided to stick around and instead make RG3's injury worse by keeping him on the field until his knee completely gave out. He stayed through the offseason, and went all in to make the team unprepared for the next season and make sure that he started RG3 too soon so that he could get fired. By doing this, he could then leave through the more spectacular fashion of having a nuclear meltdown and making himself look like an incompetent coach, and teams would inexplicably experience the desire to sign him because he's a weasel.

Does any of the above make sense? Because that's basically what the storyline is being spun as now.

As for people not getting along with him, I do believe that vast majority of us cheered for Mike when he kicked their cans to the curb. Now that we've done a complete 180 on our opinions of Mike because we overachieved last season, shall it be revealed that the cancers named Fat Albert and McHalloffame were done great injustices by Mike?

What a piece of crap. I am dumber for having read that. Are we sure Sally Jenkins didn't pen that steaming pile of manure? Did he really use Haynesworth and Mcnabb as examples of righteous individuals who were railroaded by Shanahan?! What a ****ing joke!

I'm out of likes today, so I'm just going to quote this and remember to like it tomorrow.

There are many things wrong with this team. Shanahan one of those many things, as is Snyder. But this is just kicking the guy doubled over on the ground.

BS!

Bos's version of a hatchet job.  Bos supported his conclusions with unsubstantiated, unsourced information reported by a third party and his own, not necessarily unreasonable, opinion.

We don't need crap like this.  We don't need it smeared all over the head coach any more than we need it smeared over a marque player.

BS ... BS ... I say again ... BS!

bring some facts Bos or piss on something else

BS!

Bos's version of a hatchet job.  Bos supported his conclusions with unsubstantiated, unsourced information reported by a third party and his own, not necessarily unreasonable, opinion.

We don't need crap like this.  We don't need it smeared all over the head coach any more than we need it smeared over a marque player.

BS ... BS ... I say again ... BS!

bring some facts Bos or piss on something else

The facts are there for everyone to see for themselves. He's not speculating. He's not throwing **** at the wall. Everything he's saying is blatantly obvious, he's just the first media guy to really sack up and put it "on paper", so to speak.

There's a couple things I do believe, but I refuse to believe he left Griffin in against the Seattle game to intentionally get him hurt or teach him a lesson. I can't deal with that, he has to have more respect for the game then that. There's just no f'n way, man...

The facts are there for everyone to see for themselves. He's not speculating. He's not throwing **** at the wall. Everything he's saying is blatantly obvious, he's just the first media guy to really sack up and put it "on paper", so to speak.

wrong ... everything he's saying is his opinion and possible but not necessarily true.  Don't misunderstand my issue.  I think something is wrong with the coach/player/owner relationship but that's not a good enough reason to perform a public mass media character assassination.  If the things he's asserting are true than cite the facts ... if they aren't then he shouldn't be "reporting" them.  If he's pissed and angry ... then get in line with the rest of us and unload here or on some other fan site.

If Shanahan wasn't an old white guy Bos would be lynched for writing this kind of article without facts.

Mike wanted to quit as soon as last season ended, but he decided not to because Griffin got injured at the end of the season. When Griffin got injured, he decided to stick around and instead make RG3's injury worse by keeping him on the field until his knee completely gave out. He stayed through the offseason, and went all in to make the team unprepared for the next season and make sure that he started RG3 too soon so that he could get fired. By doing this, he could then leave through the more spectacular fashion of having a nuclear meltdown and making himself look like an incompetent coach, and teams would inexplicably experience the desire to sign him because he's a weasel.

Does any of the above make sense? Because that's basically what the storyline is being spun as now.

As for people not getting along with him, I do believe that vast majority of us cheered for Mike when he kicked their cans to the curb. Now that we've done a complete 180 on our opinions of Mike because we overachieved last season, shall it be revealed that the cancers named Fat Albert and McHalloffame were done great injustices

I don't think anyone buys that first part about him cleaning out his office before Seattle, but that's the point. That it's a story possibly put out by mikes people to make danny look like he's meddling again. And people will believe it.

While I agree al and mcnabb were doo doo, stories still got out about them that made mike look better.

Point is, mike can and will put out a story if it makes him look better.

Before the last month or so, I wouldn't have put much stock in this, but, with all the drama that's come out recently with griff, Kyle , mike, dan and Reginald the chimp from the kornheiser show ( ok, I made that last one up ), it's the story that currently makes the most sense .

At least Til a better one comes out.

wrong ... everything he's saying is his opinion and possible but not necessarily true. Don't misunderstand my issue. I think something is wrong with the coach/player/owner relationship but that's not a good enough reason to perform a public mass media character assassination. If the things he's asserting are true than cite the facts ... if they aren't then he shouldn't be "reporting" them. If he's pissed and angry ... then get in line with the rest of us and unload here or on some other fan site.

If Shanahan wasn't an old white guy Bos would be lynched for writing this kind of article without facts.

I'm not even going to try to guess at what you're saying with that last sentence.

What do you take issue with in the article?

Archived