Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants at Redskins Prediction Thread (A Battle of Two Disappointing Teams)

skinsforlife101

Here we have a battle of two underperforming and disappointing teams in 2013.  The Giants Defense was  a MASH unit for the first half of the season but are getting healthier and are preforming better as of late.  In there four wins this season the Giants faced the quarterback combination of Josh Freeman, Matt Barkley, Scott Tolzien, and Terrelle Pryor. The Giants Offensive line and rushing game is down right horrible.  I think if we can stop Victor Cruz and get pressure on Manning  we have a chance of winning this game. 

Redskins- 21

Giants- 20

The Giants are trending up while we are not. I don't think they are great at all, but I don't think we can put together a full 60 minutes either. Griffin's confidence also seems completely shot. Unless he's able to have some success in the passing game early on (meaning he can't be 1/6 for 1 yard and an INT after the first quarter), I see another painful performance.

My heart hopes for a turnaround, but my head is telling me it will be more of the same:

Giants 23

Redskins 10

The Giants are trending up while we are not. I don't think they are great at all, but I don't think we can put together a full 60 minutes either. Griffin's confidence also seems completely shot. Unless he's able to have some success in the passing game early on (meaning he can't be 1/6 for 1 yard and an INT after the first quarter), I see another painful performance.

My heart hopes for a turnaround, but my head is telling me it will be more of the same:

Giants 23

Redskins 10

This is a key point being neglected.

RGIII looks totally dejected out there.

The gameplan has to be to get him some easy completions early to get his confidence up

This is a key point being neglected.

RGIII looks totally dejected out there.

The gameplan has to be to get him some easy completions early to get his confidence up

Apologies to Alfred Morris (who could probably challenge his franchise record rushing total), but I would make the final 5 games exclusively about putting Griffin in different passing situations. Go turbo more often, give him freedom at the line of scrimmage, and see how he does. You can sprinkle in some high-percentage plays so that he can have some success, but I would make his development and the passing game priority #1 at this point.

Edit: I'll put it this way...at this point I'd feel much happier about a 38-34 loss with a strong game from Griffin over an ugly win with him struggling again. All I really care about between now and 12/30 is seeing reasons to feel confident that he'll get there at some point.

Redskins 27

Giants 24

I see a bounce back for RG and the offense. I am making an assumption here that the team hasn't quit on RG or Shanny. If they have, the we clearly have no chance.

And if the QB has quit on the HC for the sake of change? *Conspiracy theorist me.  :D

Giants add to our LONG list of National TV humiliations. 

At this point, I even have Atlanta as a loss. 

Hail. 

I'll be shocked if the Giants roll. If they do, then it will be obvious that Shan has to go. The Giants have less talent overall than we do.... Certainly not more. They rode a nice little wave for a few weeks when facing the dregs of the QB world, but this isn't a good team--- neither are we of course, but this year whenever we've faced teams on a similar talent level to ours, the games have been close.

SF is a team that had underachieved a bit this year and they just outmuscled our offense completely.

I expect points this week... I think over 45 is a pretty good bet. I absolutely and 100% would not trade our secondary for the Giants version-- they are horrid. If we can't throw the ball a little bit this week (I'm assuming Reed plays) then I don't know what to say.

Two teams with major flaws having bad years. One or both might be tuning the coaches out a bit and peeking at winter vacation plans. It could definitely be an ugly night of football. But I think both offenses will move the ball and it comes down to the wire.

With how we've been not pass blocking recently, I would serve up a very heavy dose of the running game this week. We certainly cannot keep the Giants DL beasts off RG3 based on the last few weeks.

No matter the cost we have to put Eli under pressure. The most uttered phrase over the last two games has been "<opponent QB> with all day to throw". If we dont Cruz might hit 12-180 numbers.

Giants 27

Skins 17

The sheer defiant 'FU ALL! This is MY team and I BELIEVE!' attitude of the fan never ceases to amaze me. And I aren't knocking people. It's an admirable quality that goes into the makeup of support. 

But seriously, how can anyone predict this team will win another game given how it's all unravelled culminating in last Monday night when the offense totally quit on this staff? We are the single WORST team in football right now. A complete, unadulterated disaster not only on the field, but in a rapidly fragmenting locker room. We have a QB who, through whatever reason, shouldn't be starting as he's absolutely horrid. With nothing behind him. A totally clueless DC and ST coordinator. With a little better offensive coordinator who doesn't have a clue how to answer teams that have figured out his O from last season to this. 

Worst team in the NFL headed on a fast track for 3-13 and still some of you stand tall in predicting wins week after week. 

I wish I could find the energy to fly in the face of EVERYTHING to the contrary. Power to you that do. 

Hail.

Archived