Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preparing for Griffin's Revenge...

Renegade7

Preparing for Griffin's revenge???  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2014 Redskins going to be a playoff team???

• yes
    • no

Saw postgame conference where reporter asked Griffin what he feels makes him a leader.  You could see it in his response and he did bring up the character assasination that's occuring right now with him.  Saw it in his his eyes a couple times during the game where he was just looking like "wtf was that?". 

Dude knows he's in a rough spot and the media that treated him like the choosen one has pretty much turned on him.  But he said something interesting that I believe; he said that win or lose no matter how good or bad, I'm still going to be the same guy.  Some may want to run with that, but what it says to me is he's going to stick to doing what he feels is the right thing to do for his team and work his tail off to make us a winner.

I'm going to the Giants game, and part of me feels I'm gonna see him start to play angry either in the next couple games or going into next year.  And with $20-$30 million plus in cap space coming up, I really do believe Shanahan and Allen are going to go into this offseason angry as well going after people aggressivly and cutting people left and right.  Superman sock Griffin may just be dead, man, and I feel it's the best thing for him and the franchise, really.

I certainly hope he plays angry. Something needs to click - the dude gets frazzled after he realizes his first read is gone (the line collapsing doesn't help either). He cannot escape pressure nor rely on his athleticism this year. When he gets hit, his body looks like a ragdoll.

Even if they lose the next 5, I want to see Griffin angry and hungry, not mopey or smiling on the sidelines. THAT is what bugs me the most.

The media can taken anything anyone states at anytime and twist it anyway they want.  The Robert honeymoon has been over.  I love him but he set himself up for this with too much exposure.  Outside of fans of the team people don't like the Redskins anyway, so they would like nothing better than for him to fail.

I couldn't tell you that now.  The first question that needs to be answered is who the coach is going to be.  

One thing to keep in mind, though.  It's not exactly apples to apples. But Dick Vermeil was about 90% of the way from losing the Rams team after a really, really miserable 2 years going 5-11 and 4-12 in 1998 and 1999. The stories are that the team had quit on the coach, the players hated him, yadda yadda yadda.  

He made some changes in the off-season before 2000.  Changed his approach a little, changed the way he dealt with players, they bought in, and they came out and went 13-3, and won the superbowl.

Ok, that's probably the best possible scenario if Mike Shanahan stays. So, it COULD happen.

But, most likely, it wouldn't.  So, I think a regime change is probably necessary.  

And I couldn't even hope to predict what would happen with a new coaching staff.  Hell, they might get Gruden, who could trade Robert for a #1, and start Cousins for all we know.  

I couldn't tell you that now.  The first question that needs to be answered is who the coach is going to be.  

One thing to keep in mind, though.  It's not exactly apples to apples. But Dick Vermeil was about 90% of the way from losing the Rams team after a really, really miserable 2 years going 5-11 and 4-12 in 1998 and 1999. The stories are that the team had quit on the coach, the players hated him, yadda yadda yadda.  

He made some changes in the off-season before 2000.  Changed his approach a little, changed the way he dealt with players, they bought in, and they came out and went 13-3, and won the superbowl.

Ok, that's probably the best possible scenario if Mike Shanahan stays. So, it COULD happen.

But, most likely, it wouldn't.  So, I think a regime change is probably necessary.  

And I couldn't even hope to predict what would happen with a new coaching staff.  Hell, they might get Gruden, who could trade Robert for a #1, and start Cousins for all we know.  

He (Vermeil) made some changes..I think that is key!

Dude, I wish.  I was a huge supporter, but ever since December 9, 2012, he hasn't been the same player, and I don't think that he will be again.

That is my fear as well.  I know he's young, so he has time to heal, learn, and adjust.  But, I'm having my doubts that he will, and seeing how inaccurate he has become as a passer really has me worried.

Given how bad the NFC East is, it's possible.

If Shanny gets yr 5, he will bet the house and splurge like a drunken Snyderatto for one last push...putting us into the hunt next year, but doing damage to the next guy down the line.

Expect big bucks for a Sam Adams type of NT with Cofield moved out to DE, and a slightly over the hill pass rushing OLB to replace Orakpo, who will be headed to TN or Indy.

Archived